I stayed here for a couple nights at the end of a business trip and I thoroughly enjoyed my stay.
A very nice property just steps from Duval Street, yet far enough off Duval that it`s a nice quiet retreat from the busy tourist area.
I can`t say enough nice things about the staff here. You feel welcome the moment you arrive.
My room was spacious, clean, functional and appealing. A great retreat if you`re out walking in the heat all day.
They have private parking which you must pay for, however it is reasonably priced. In addition, there is a Pharmacy right next to the hotel should you require any travel items.
The property is laid out nice and has lots of tropical foliage which nicely separates it from Truman Ave.
Then there is Happy Hour. For 2 hours each afternoon, guests can enjoy a drink and some snack food prior to heading out for dinner.
This was my first time to Key West and this hotel put in place a great first impression. So much so, that I will return in the future.
Add this venue to your wish list.
I do have a couple of items to note...
- Each room has an electronic safe, which is great. However, it will not fit a 15 inch laptop (which is what I had with me as part of my business travels). Anything smaller will fit.
- I do have one small suggestion for the ownership. That`s with respect to the window coverings in the rooms. My room had a very nice set of wooden style blinds, however for rooms located in heavy traffic areas, they don`t provide enough privacy as they don`t close tight enough. Not that this was a major issue. However, when changing in your room it would be nice to have something a little more private.
That aside, I`m already planning my future visit to Key West and will definitely stay at this location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The new Almond Tree Inn came to life in 2013 when we pulled together beautiful, green minded, and Made in the USA products from the top manufactures and designers in the industry. The guest rooms feature custom made furnishings, amazing showers, the latest in technology, stunning wood floors, luxurious linens, and beautiful artwork by local artist.With the ambiance of a secluded resort you would never imagine Duval Street is just 50 steps outside our gates... "Ranked #1 Hotels & Resorts in Key West by TripAdvisor with over 700 five star ratings" Winner "Certificate of Excellence 2011,12,13,14,15". Travelers Choice Award #10 Small Hotel in the USA 2015. Give us a call to book your stay and join us in Celebrating a New Almond Tree Inn! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Almond Tree Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Almond Tree Hotel Key West