Crowne Plaza Key West La Concha
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Marquesa Hotel(Key West)
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
Pier House Resort & Spa(Key West)
1,174 results
All reviewsrooftop barduval streetgreat locationhistoric hotelbalcony roomwine barfront desk staffper daythe room was niceking bedhappy hourhemingway housesouthernmost pointspavaletsunsetbartender
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Just spent a few days staying here while visiting Key West. It was quite a rollercoaster experience. As we were checking in, it was explained to us that what was once a parking fee is now a $35 + tax destination fee per day that guests pay whether they have a car or not (FYI this is on top of room rates and taxes.) When we checked in, we were told our room was ready, but when we got there, the fridge didn’t work, the tv was fuzzy, and the bathroom did not appear to have been cleaned prior to our arrival. Someone came pretty quickly and cleaned the bathroom, which we appreciated, but the tv and fridge did not work correctly for our entire stay. Later that afternoon, the elevator stopped working (no sign or anything, I waited almost 10 mins at it before another guest informed me that it was out of order), and I had to ask 2 staff members before someone could tell me what stairs had access to my floor. I don’t even think the second employee knew for sure - she just walked around with me until we figured it out. She was on her cell phone on speakerphone this entire time on what appeared to be a personal call. While I very much appreciated her assistance, it was an awkward interaction. Luckily the elevator worked again for the rest of our trip, but it was very slow and there seems to be a need to more elevators to serve number of rooms at the hotel.

After the first few hours, our stay was mostly uneventful. The Lobby, Lobby bar, pool area, and wine bar were nice. The pool area was small and crowded, but it was a nice day for the pool, and I’ve noticed small pools at other hotels in the area as well. The staff at each bar were friendly, and our $35 destination fee included 2 beer/wine or well drinks during our stay.

Our room was clean (minus the bathroom
When we checked in), but dark with blue ceilings and dark brown shutters that didn’t open more than an inch or so. Also, I thought it was odd that the first day we were given h20 brand toiletries, while we were given what appeared to be significantly lower quality toiletries after the first day. (See photo)

The location is great and very central. There is definitely noise from Duval St, as one would expect, so request a room away from the street if you prefer quiet.

Our stay was ok, but for about $400 a night for a basic room (if you include the $35 destination fee), I would expect a working tv and fridge, a working elevator (or at least signs and help with where to go when there’s a problem), and a clean bathroom with consistent toiletries. I know Key West is pricy, but at that price point we did have several other options in the same vicinity, and next time I would choose something else.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Mike R, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Key West La Concha, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Sarah, thank you for reviewing La Concha Key West. I am sorry to hear about the miscommunication surrounding our parking fees and I will surely speak with the team to see where the miscommunication occurred. I hope you will give us another chance to impress you in the future, and we appreciate your feedback as we continue to improve.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The staff at the hotel were first class. The pool was not heated and not open after dark.

A $37.63 "Destination charge" was an unpleasant surprise that I would have avoided by going to a different hotel had I known in advance. This is levied if you book 10 or less days in advance. Very weird and unexpected

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank MAD2FLY

Thank you for kindly reviewing La Concha Key West. I do want to apologize for any confusion surrounding our fees and I will speak with our team to see how we may avoid this in the future. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We booked online. The room we were initially given seemed ok until we realized every time someone on the floors above us flushed the toilet there was a terrible noise in our room, which was quite loud. Unfortunately that seemed to occur all night. Thankfully they moved us the next day but we had to hang around until the new room was available in order to move our belongings. The hotel Is in the center of Duvall street so the location was good.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bocagirl333
Mike R, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Key West La Concha, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for choosing La Concha Key West to celebrate Easter weekend. I want to apologize for the issues you experienced in your initial room and we are looking into this. I assure you this is not a typical experience, and I hope you will give us another chance to impress you in the future!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Friends gave us a 2 nite stay it was a wonderful hotel staff was very helpful answered all questions there was a little shuttle that drove up and down duval st that was great when u got tired room was clean and beds were comfortable

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple

Gina, thank you for the kind review of La Concha Key West. I am happy to hear that our associates left a lasting impression on you with their service and that you took advantage of our Duval Street shuttle. We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Hotel is updated, very nice. Housekeeping has until 5 to clean guest rooms, tough to take an afternoon nap if room isn’t cleaned by early afternoon. Wife did spa, disappointing general guests cannot enjoy views from rooftop.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

George, thank you for taking the time to review La Concha Key West. I am sorry to hear that we did not quite meet your wife's expectations with her spa experience and we appreciate your honest feedback. I do hope you had an overall enjoyable stay, and we would love to welcome you back again soon!