“The Reach was very accomodating with excellent service, beautiful and ideal beach front setting low key and relaxing, beautiful ”

The Reach Key West, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Ranked #45 of 51 Hotels in Key West
Reviewed 25 February 2012

The Reach Resort was one of our best stays ever in Key West. The staff was most accomodating and had exceptional services, especially Marcella at the front desk, Wesley the bellman and the pool and beach service attendants Yanni and Ricardo who were always upbeat and spirited. Our room was ideally located in the palm tree tops with a balcony view of the prestine garden and white sand beach and ocean. The resort was small enough to have an intimate feel, quiet and low key. Yet, it was large enough to offer all the amenities of a large resort...we look forward to returning.

• Stayed: February 2012
3  Thank Sheila_cobb
Jason C, Front Office Manager at The Reach Key West, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2012

Thank you for your feedback. We will be sure to pass along your kind words to all of the team members which you mentioned. What truely makes The Reach stand above the rest is the attentive service and dedication to excellence which our team members produce on a daily basis. We thank you again for your comments and look forward to your next visit!

All the best,

Jason Carter
305-296-3535
jcarter@luxuryresorts.com

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 22 February 2012

This was a very nice hotel, located conveniently very close to the end of Duval Street. It was very quiet and unpretentious. The staff was helpful (we asked for extra water and immediately had six bottles!), with few exceptions. We made use of the Casa Marina a few blocks away, for the better beach, two pools and festive environment. Our room was very nice. We had a very slight view of the ocean, but did not have to pay for an "ocean view", so I was grateful. Very expensive, I would say, but I believe it is in line with other high-end hotels in the area.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank BBBBTravel

We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and are grateful for your kind words. Our tropical oasis' of The Reach and Casa Marina are truely unlike any other on the island. Our many watersports activities through Barefoot Billys or our onsite dining options of Sun Sun and the Strip House, allow our guests the option to never leave the resorts. Should your travels have you return to the southernmost point, please let me know so that I may assist with your accomodations.

All the best,

Jason Carter
305-296-3535
jcarter@luxuryresorts.com

Reviewed 21 February 2012

We left a REAL luxury property in South Beach to visit Key West and stay at The Reach - what a step down. We had to fight for our reserved room type - facing the street is NOT ocean view. After a little fuss we were moved to a room with a fine view overlooking the pool and ocean beyond - but next to an elevator that beeped with every use. Our room was OK - but not particularly special. Overall, the experience was just OK too - not what we expected from a Waldorf property. If we were to return to Key West, we will shop for different lodging.

Room Tip: If you don't book a premium ocean view room, prepare to gaze at cars or trees from your balcony.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ZsLuv2travel
Reviewed 21 February 2012

From Paul at the Front desk to Yanni at the pool and Brian working the door, we had a wonderful time. Their service, pleasant demeanor, and quick answers made our trip memorable. The location is perfect to walk downtown.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Laurie G
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Stayed at the Reach in Feb 2012 for 3 nights. Was on holiday in the area after attending a business meeting. Bell staff were very friendly and informed me of the option of valet parking for $24 or self parking for $16. I chose self parking.

Receptionist was a rather formal gentleman. Was initially given a standard room by him and then later upgraded to a boutique suite by a very friendly lady receptionist when I called down. The boutique suite was rather nice, of a good size and had views of the ocean from the balcony, although it was not directly ocean facing. Furnishings were very pleasant and comfortable and the room had a nice ambience. Cleaning staff were very good. They provided turn down service in the evenings, including cleaning the bathroom, and ensured that toiletries were replenished each time, even though the room had been cleaned earlier in the day.

Went to the beach on the day of arrival at about 4:30pm. A young european sounding attendant was packing up some of the deck chairs for storage. The sun was still up and the day bright so I asked if I could have a deck chair in an empty spot. To my surprise, the attendant said No! and pointed to an empty deck chair by a group of people! I asked for a towel and laid out the deck chair myself but the attendant then came and pulled the chair away from the group of people to the front so that I would be in front of everyone else. I thought it rather strange that the attendant should be deciding exactly where I should be sitting. It was not a good first impression of the staff and place. The next morning was a more pleasant experience. An older attendant was very friendly and set up the deck chair exactly where I asked him to. The beach was rather nice and relaxing although a bit small. The ocean water was clean but a bit murky. The water up in Miami was clearer. The beach was never crowded when I was there in contrast to the Southernmost Hotel nearby which was crowded.

I had dinner at the hotel's Strip House Restaurant on the night of the superbowl finals. Not surprisingly, it was empty. The staff were not keen to give me a table as I was by myself and suggested I eat at the bar. But as I was not a keen superbowl supporter, and there was a crowd in the bar, I asked for a table. It had a nice ambience, the young waiter was rather formal. I ordered a steak with steak sauce and made use of the voucher for a complimentary drink. The waiter reacted with disapproval when I chose not to have any side orders with my steak and walked away remarking, "you seem to know what you are doing". This was rather uncalled for I felt and made me feel as if I should have ordered some sides. I had ordered a medium cooked steak. It was a little bit burnt on the outside. I did not complain. I would grade the food here as only moderate and not worth it for the price which was rather expensive. The staff could be more friendly.

The gym was nice, had two running machines which I made use of.

The location was very good. Just a short pleasant walk away from Duval Street.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo