“Best option in Key West”

Casa Marina Key West, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Ranked #41 of 51 Hotels in Key West
Reviewed 24 April 2012

The location and the resort is excellent. The staff from entrance to exit is wonderful. I went with a friend to celebrate a big birthday. As she checked in I went to concierge to have some extra suprises arranged for the celebration. They set everything up and handled every thing perfectly. We had some options for rooms, so they showed us different type suites and we choose.

We choose a room in the original building that had an amazing deck over looking the resort and ocean. Everything looked new and was very comfortable. The only negative was that the air system smelled a bit moldy. I am sensitive to that. The newer wings did not have this issue. I decided to stick it out and just take allery meds. The bed was so comfortable and the room was great. If you are sensitive to moldy stuff like me you probably should stay in one of the two newer wings.

The H2O concierges were the best. There are two large pools and I was worried that we would have to reserve (with towels) chairs, but that is not an issue. You just go to an H2O concierge and let them know what you need (chairs, hammocks, umbrellas) and they set you up. Then for the rest of the day you are served. Graham was our favorite and really made our stay extra special.

I used the spa. The spa was not as nice as I thought it should be for the resort. They basically took one of the 1 bedroom suites in the newer wings and set up a spa. The waiting room was outside in the hall and they had some basic curtains to seperate the areas once inside. My massage was basic.

There are a lot of tour options directly leaving from the resort. This is great since traveling around with a car is difficult in Key West. We planned on doing a few, but the resort offered so much we found it difficult to leave. The breakfast was excellent and the grounds were beautiful.

Going into the main area of Key West is a short easy cab ride away and I can't imagine staying anywhere else in Key West. I think I have been spoiled by Casa Marina.

Room Tip: Original building charming, but mold issues, newer wings no problem with mold. It is just something...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank mrolfes
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 24 April 2012

we stayed at the casa marina resort last week of march. The room I called it the dungeon. there was no view there were two small window at ceiling height so you couldn't see out of the room at all. it was a second story room which was strange. The resort itself was ok had nice beach two pools, food at the restaurant was ok. The good news is the location was nice you could walk to Duval street it was a nice walk not close several blocks but it was a nice trek. For the money I would not stay here again or recommend this property, too many nice b&b's and small charming places to stay. Also we are Hilton Honors members so I was very suprised by the room we were put in. Also I thought the hot water was broken you have to let it run for about 5 minutes before it starts to warm up

Room Tip: make sure you ask what the view of your room will be
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank crittergirl
Reviewed 24 April 2012

My family stayed here over spring break, and I was very impressed. The resort was beautiful with very nice rooms, and they had a wonderful beach. It was a very good location because it was only a few blocks from Duvall street, but far enough away to be peaceful and quiet. It was a very good experience overall.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank shapiro22
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We stayed with our family 3 nights befor Easter at Casa Marina. We were pleased with the rooms which were quite large with wooden floors and very clean. The hotel was airconditioned but not so much that we had to freeze or put on sweaters inside like in many other hotels. We appreciated the large yard, the lemonade in the afternoon and the beach to relax in after touring around Key West. The personal was very helpful and friendly and organized snorkling excursions and bicycles.
The only disappointment came after we had left and our son realized that he had left his brand new very nice bathing trunks in the bathrom of the room. I checked his luggage and since we were sure that he had left them there I called immediately but was told nothing had been found. I called again the next day and was told the same. I once even forgot jewellery at Mariott in Mallorca and they were sent back to me so this was a bit disappointing.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Blacky62
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We stayed at the Casa for the first timelast week. After a long drive down the Keys, we arrived to spots of rain, & the roof was stuck down on the convertable! Jessie, head Bellboy, spent an hour with us trying to sort it out, & then arranged parking for us undercover so that we could enjoy our stay at the resort rather than spending time fixing the car. He was brilliant & did everything possible to help us enjoy our stay. He even went & got the car for us when we were ready to leave! I could not have asked for better service! We had a relaxing stay at the hotel, the pools were quiet, & well served by the pool concierge with towles laied out & fruit bought round on a regular basis. As the sea was rough, the watersports were limited, but I would reccomend seeing Key West by renting a bike, a great way to get round. Our first, & hope not last, stay at the Casa Marina was superb, would love to return some day.

Room Tip: Ocean view is a must if you are traveling all this way!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family