The location and the resort is excellent. The staff from entrance to exit is wonderful. I went with a friend to celebrate a big birthday. As she checked in I went to concierge to have some extra suprises arranged for the celebration. They set everything up and handled every thing perfectly. We had some options for rooms, so they showed us different type suites and we choose.
We choose a room in the original building that had an amazing deck over looking the resort and ocean. Everything looked new and was very comfortable. The only negative was that the air system smelled a bit moldy. I am sensitive to that. The newer wings did not have this issue. I decided to stick it out and just take allery meds. The bed was so comfortable and the room was great. If you are sensitive to moldy stuff like me you probably should stay in one of the two newer wings.
The H2O concierges were the best. There are two large pools and I was worried that we would have to reserve (with towels) chairs, but that is not an issue. You just go to an H2O concierge and let them know what you need (chairs, hammocks, umbrellas) and they set you up. Then for the rest of the day you are served. Graham was our favorite and really made our stay extra special.
I used the spa. The spa was not as nice as I thought it should be for the resort. They basically took one of the 1 bedroom suites in the newer wings and set up a spa. The waiting room was outside in the hall and they had some basic curtains to seperate the areas once inside. My massage was basic.
There are a lot of tour options directly leaving from the resort. This is great since traveling around with a car is difficult in Key West. We planned on doing a few, but the resort offered so much we found it difficult to leave. The breakfast was excellent and the grounds were beautiful.
Going into the main area of Key West is a short easy cab ride away and I can't imagine staying anywhere else in Key West. I think I have been spoiled by Casa Marina.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Mediterranean-inspired hotel sits on a 1,100-foot private beach a mile from Duval Street. Our historic beachfront resort combines 1920s ambiance with a chic, contemporary flair, features sophisticated accommodations, complete with LCD televisions, iPod docking stations, and an in-room espresso, coffee, and tea maker. Amenities include: two tropical pools, water-sports activities, spa services, poolside cabanas, Sun/Sun Bar & Grill serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and The Lobby Lounge for tapas and libations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Casa Marina Key West, A Waldorf Astoria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Marina, a Waldorf Astoria Hotel Key West
- Waldorf Astoria Key West
- The Waldorf Astoria Collection
- Casa Marina Resort Key West
- Casa Marina Key West