First impression is like being in a dream. The Hotel is beautiful, everything is perfect, at the right place, tidy, shiny...you feel comfy, cosy and you believe that this place is just the right place to be.
Passed the lobby, your first impression keeps growing. The beach, the pool, the view, the trees, the peers, the color of the see, the magnificent sand, the hammock where you can stay hours contemplating the sky or the stars, all in all makes this place a peace of even on earth. Then you enter your room, clean, tidy, with a perfect terrace... and you want to stay there for ever.....but, there is a but, i have been confronted to a room service below average, with a waiting time between my order and delivery far too long and in addition with cold plates... and this repeated at the pool restaurant. At this level of luxury it just kills the dream.....
I could as well mention that the swimming pool, not very clean, and the extra $25 fee for the Wifi, beach and pool towels which could be off the bill when you come to pay such a price for this place. And last but the least, there is a massive improvement due in terms of sound proofing quality. It is a killer to hear people in the rooms around you talking, moving, having a shower or else....wall could have been less thin.
In and out, a place to see, but some improvement needed in terms of service and customer experience. I might not reconsider the place for a future stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Mediterranean-inspired hotel sits on a 1,100-foot private beach a mile from Duval Street. Our historic beachfront resort combines 1920s ambiance with a chic, contemporary flair, features sophisticated accommodations, complete with LCD televisions, iPod docking stations, and an in-room espresso, coffee, and tea maker. Amenities include: two tropical pools, water-sports activities, spa services, poolside cabanas, Sun/Sun Bar & Grill serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and The Lobby Lounge for tapas and libations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Casa Marina, A Waldorf Astoria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Marina, a Waldorf Astoria Hotel Key West
- Waldorf Astoria Key West
- The Waldorf Astoria Collection
- Casa Marina Resort Key West
- Casa Marina Key West