Message from TripAdvisor:
This place is temporarily closed due to a natural disaster.

“Nice but not 5-star”

Casa Marina Key West, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Ranked #41 of 51 Hotels in Key West
Reviewed 23 April 2012

For most, this an excellent facility especially if you live in a cold northern place. This will be a nice refuge for an escape. I enjoyed my stay. But attention to detail is important if you seek 5-star status.
Check-in: timely but you wont get you room early, no matter what. I also did not get the king bed requested: got two full beds....how romantic

Maid service forgot coffee & creamer on day # 2. Solved with two phone calls

Last-minute guest got a rate $80 cheaper/night than I got: I reserved 6-8 weeks in advance

Resort charge of $25/night....absurd

Otherwise, Mrs. Lincoln said it was nice.....

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank gfemd
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Casa Marina Key West, A Waldorf Astoria Resort

Reviewed 22 April 2012

My husband and I recently returned from our 3rd stay at the Casa. This is a beautiful property with all of the amenities. The beach is wonderful.

I have the same complaint about the property as I did last year, but it was even worse this year. The pools were full of kids and toys. At one point, I counted 25 kids in the pool. It was impossible to sit by the pool and relax. Hotel management should designate one pool for children only. It is ridiculous for those of us who want a nice, quiet day at the pool.

They work hard to maintain the property and our room was clean, but on 2 days I had to call at 4:30 for room service. Also, the halls outside of our room hadnt been swept and were dirty.

Dont get me wrong, I love this hotel and it is the only place I will stay in KW. At $450+/day, I would expect the chance to relax by the pool and shouldnt have to call to have my room cleaned.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LynneF
Reviewed 22 April 2012

Hotel grounds - gorgeous! Love the hammocks on the beach!!! The purpose of my trip was for some much needed R&R and I got it. The staff is very courteous and attentive. Biggest let down was check in...we never got into our room until 5:45 pm. We checked in mid-week so I wasn't expecting such a delay. The room wasn't as nice as I would have expected for the rate. However, i would stay here again just for the exceptional service, location and hammocks!!

Room Tip: We had an end room on the second floor....nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 April 2012

This is one of a series of resort hotels that now get the badge of "Waldorf Astoria" which immediately bestows prestige, but in this and in various other similar properties (like the historic Boca Resort) doesn't quite do justice to the Waldorf name, or to the customer expecting the respective service and quality. The biggest plus of the hotel is its location, which in my opinion can't be beat and is simply the nicest in Key West. No wonder, it's a very old resort, perhaps the oldest on the island, built when the railroad came at a time when one could still handpick the best location. So the beach is wonderful, with a reasonable amount of sand, which is not a given at all in the Keys.

But this is almost the end of the advantages. The "Waldorf" name means very high rates, so it's important to shop for deals and reasonable times. The "historic" often translates into "old" and "inconvenient" and "clumsy", and the facilities and rooms are not at all at a level of comfort of say a standard Marriott hotel. Furniture is very spartan, bathrooms are rather small and sometimes have an awkward layout. The only restaurants are out in the garden - a nice setting, but what do you do in the frequent summer downpours? The nice beach location means that you are quite far away from the action of Duval Street and Mallory Square, and many of the other bars. Overall, an amazing mix of strong pros and cons.

Room Tip: Get "oceanview" even if it costs more; the view to the north is very uninspiring, and ofte...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank LeoPB
Reviewed 21 April 2012

2 thumbs up. My first time to Key West and I picked a winner of a hotel. The pool service was fabulous with Cabana Boy Jason giving us top notch service. We were there for 4 days and Jason recognized us from Day 1. Jason had towels and beach side chairs ready for us as soon as we walked out to the beach.. Jason brought us whatever we needed within minutes. Its people like him that represent Hilton well. The tiki bar was really nice and they had a guy playing guitar in the late afternoon. The resort is in a fantastic location for Key West and all party spots are within an easy walk from the resort. We didn't eat at the resort as their are too numerous other local restaurants to try out. The rooms were smaller than I would expect at a Hilton as were the bathrooms. I am definitely going back this Fall to Key West and would stay at this resort again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple