“Awesome location”

Ranked #26 of 51 Hotels in Key West
Wesley Chapel, Florida
“Awesome location”
Reviewed 7 August 2012

The location could not be beat! Near the historic wharf and just 2 blocks from Duval street this hotel was perfect for a weekend getaway. The property also rents scooters, boats and jet ski's and alows you to charge to your room, making it easy and convenient to enjoy yourself. The staff was friendly and the rooms had a great view of sunrise and sunset.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dstefanc
HyattKeyWest12, General Manager at Hyatt Centric Key West Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 9 August 2012
So glad to hear you enjoyed the resort and our amenities! We do have a great location and convenient to all the fun Key West has to offer. Thank you for your review and I hope you will choose Hyatt again when you are traveling.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (429)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
Austin
Reviewed 6 August 2012

As a flight attendant of a major airline, I obviously am a frequent traveler and stay in some very nice hotels. I only had one night allotted for Key West on this trip with my daughter, so I was researching and trying to find the absolute best hotel for our brief visit. I am confident that I made the best choice available! The location could not have been more ideal for walking Duval Street!!
The gentleman who checked us in was the best! Absolutely no wait, and he poured me a complimentary glass of champaign...and a refill! I was surprised to see the grounds looked much better in person than in the pictures I saw online. The room was very spacious and the little extras like the free water bottles are unusual for a resort. The partial gulf view overlooking the pool was lovely. Normally, I would not care for a
handicap room as I noticed they had given us, but the bathroom and shower with dual shower heads was so large and nice that I may even request such a room in the future! I was well aware
that their "beach area" was small, but I had it to myself to enjoy the sunset. If I would have had another day, I would have rented a jet ski right on the property to tour the island. I will come back to this hotel without question!!

Room Tip: Get a partial gulf/pool view and the handicap rooms are spacious if you don't need a tub.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank AustinFlygirl
Thank you for completing a Tripadvisor review. I value the feedback about your stay. So glad to hear that you enjoyed our resort so much. I will be sure to share your comments with the staff. They love to hear how they impact our guest's experience. We look forward to seeing you in the future!
Reviewed 5 August 2012

After recovering from sticker shock, we realized that the Hyatt is priced competitively for the location and the service was stellar. Upon checking in we were treated with a glass of champagne and a free upgrade (upon request). The staff were all friendly and helpful, and the food (we only ate breakfast there) above average. The private "beach" is just a sandy area overlooking the water, but that's the best you can expect in Key West. There is water access however, just a few steps away and down some stairs. Don't expect much, but it's clean clear water and not crowded.

This was our first trip to Key West and not our last, we will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank MaryD_1965
Dear Mary,

Thank you for taking your valuable time to complete a review of your recent stay. Delighted to hear your first trip to Key West exceeded your expectations. We hope to see you in the future!
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 August 2012

Would recommend for a short stay, but not for more than 2-3 days. Location is great, however felt they needed more staff and more consistent service.

Also got the impression very money focused - cabanas are $100 to hire for a day (they were never fully used funnily enough), there's the daily charge for wi-fi, towels, fitness and faxes being received.....not many hotels of this star rating still have these as additional costs. The other laughable 'fee' and constant noise was the reminder to return towels otherwise you are 'fined' $20.....

Room Tip: Go for quieter rooms facing the ocean - you can also see the sunset.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for completing a a review of your recent stay. I appreciate your feedback. We do focus on consistent service and I am disappointed that we did not meet all of your expectations. Please accept my apology. Our resort fee includes self parking, basic wi-fi internet access, fitness room, pool towels, etc. Any charge for towels only occurs if the towels are not returned. Thank you again for your comments and I do hope you will allow us the opportunity to be of service to you in the future.
San Diego
Reviewed 5 August 2012

I was in town for just one night for Hemingway Days. The hotel was absolutely lovely. The lobby is small, but quaint. Immediately outside are a turtle pond and orchid garden. The rooms are on the smaller side, though not as small as you would find in NYC or SFO. My room had a balcony (perhaps they all do?), and a large bathroom drenched in marble with a rain shower head. The hotel is beachfront - there is a cove with a sandy beach as well as a boat dock. The location is ideal. Steps to Duval Street and anything else you could possibly want to do. I did all of the Hemingway sites, and they were all reachable on foot.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
Thank you for the review. I appreciate your great comments about our resort. I am very proud of our associates and all they achieve. Enjoy the remainder of your summer and we hope to see you again!