“Experience of a Lifetime”

Namaste' Eco Excursions
More attraction details
Owner description: Namaste Sailing/Keys Eco-tours specializes in coral discovery tours to the less frequented ecological reserves in the Florida Lower Keys. Each trip includes a professional ecology presentation complete with professional underwater images of all the different corals, invertebrates, and reef fish we encounter. Snorkel equipment is provided along with expert instruction. We only accommodate 8 guests per excursion so our guests are guaranteed a crowd free and intimate coral reef experience.
Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

Captain Jeff and First Mate, Trish, along with their family dog are wonderful company and teachers! Their sustainable tourism model is true to the spirit and respect of mother nature and all her beauty. Not only did we get to experience a once in a lifetime experience with a family of manatees we also walked away with increased knowledge and understating of the entire mangrove and ocean ecosystems. When we come back to Key West, Namaste will be the only excursion provider we will use. Real people with a real cause that provide a real experience. We love this company!

All reviews
"great trip"
in 4 reviews
"trip to key west"

Reviewed 18 May 2017

My family took the half-day snorkel trip with Namaste' Eco Excursions last week. We chose this business because we wanted a more personal experience—there were six adults total on our trip. On the trip out to the reef, Jeff gave a review of the history of Key West, the surrounding reefs, and a pictorial tour of the fish and creatures we might find while snorkeling. Once in the water, he checked on everyone's status to confirm that we were okay, and he and his staff did a great job finding interesting things for us to observe. Back on the boat after the snorkeling, he served fresh fruit, cheese, and water/lemonade. It was an outstanding adventure and we felt good about supporting this company and its efforts to help the reefs stay healthy while providing a service that allows everyone to enjoy the benefits of the living coral reefs. Thank you Jeff and crew for taking such good care of us!

Reviewed 17 April 2017

My friend and I decided to do a quick get away to the keys back in late March. We were down there for just a Wednesday and Thursday.I knew we wanted to do a snorkeling adventure and I was trying to figure out which boating company I should go with. There are a lot of big companies, but I somehow managed to stumble across Namaste' and it honestly looked the best. I called Jeff who works there and spoke with him about scheduling an excursion for the next day (Thursday). He called me back later and said he was concerned about the weather. Apparently it was supposed to be really windy the day we wanted to go out and he did not think it would be a good trip. Unfortunately, the only day we could go was Thursday and so he refunded our money and said he would happily take us next time we were down there. The big companies (Fury and Dangerous charters) were still taking people out on Thursday and we decided to go with them. BIG MISTAKE. We chose Fury and when we went out the waters were SO rough that people literally had to get saved from the water. At one point there were seven people gripping on to the anchor rope because they had to wait their turn to go back up the stairs and onto the boat. While they were dangling on the rope, they all had looks of pure fear and panic in their faces. The workers at Fury made it seem like these weather conditions were normal and that the giant waves were no big deal. IThe big companies are great on days that the seas are calm, but when they aren't, the companies will STILL take you out and pretend like nothing is wrong. I remember thinking on the boat that I definitely needed to write a review to thank the people who own Namaste' for being such an honest/ reputable company. If I ever go down to Key West again, the only company I will be snorkeling with is Namaste' and I will recommend his business to any one I know headed down to the Keys. Thank you Namaste' for truly caring about your customers and doing your research to make sure that when you take your customers out that they are safe/ will have an amazing experience.

Reviewed 14 April 2017 via mobile

Both Tricia and Jeff are very knowledgeable about the marine and wildlife eco systems in Key West. As a couple we had our own private excursion. As part of the reef snorkeling, it was terrific to ask Tricia questions as she educated us about the coral reefs and their inhabitants. When we kayaked through the mangroves, Jeff has a wealth of knowledge and you will be surprised how important mangroves are to the environment.