“What can I say that hasn't been said - Simply? He IS the best”
Review of Pepe's Charters

Pepe's Charters
A TripAdvisor Member
“What can I say that hasn't been said - Simply? He IS the best”
Reviewed 26 January 2012

I have been fishing on Pepe's Charters twice. The first time with an employee of his the second time with Pepe himself. We went Tarpon fishing and while my buddies warned me you just might no catch anything within 20 minutes I was fighting my first Tarpon!!!! WAY cool beyond words - just an awesome time - took a little over 45 minutes before we brought the Tarpon along board and then Pepe reaches out with a pair of pliers - grabs a scale and WHAMMO off goes my fish - another 15 minutes and it was along side again for Pepe to remove the hook. Each time the experience was well worth it. Everyone who went on the charter with me agreed - next time we go back to Pepe!!!

Visited April 2011
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Estero, Florida
“Fantastic fishing experience”
Reviewed 23 January 2012

Just got back from a weekend in Key West. By far the best time we had was on Pepe's boat where we were reeling them in one after another. Went on the trip for our daughter's 20th birthday and she said being on Pepe's boat was the best and most memorable birthday she could imagine. After our catch was fileted we went to a local restaurant where we were served 2 Huge platters of fish. We could have served the whole restaurant. Kudos to Pepe and his mate Bill on their experience and knowledge of the waters off Key West!

Visited January 2012
Eden Prairie
“Pepe's Charters is awsome”
Reviewed 23 January 2012

Our family went out fishing with Pepes New Years eve day what a great way to end the year!! My son caught a huge WAHOO... what more can i say WAHOOO say's it all

Visited December 2011
Long Island, New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Look No Further”
Reviewed 17 January 2012

Trust me. I have done the research for you. After going through all the reviews and websites and videos looking for the perfect guide for our fishing trip, I decided on Capt. Pepe. We were not disappointed. After having been out before with a so-so guide, I really did not want to make the same "mistake" again. We were on fish within minutes of stopping the boat, and stayed on them till the motor turned on to come back in. We ranged in fish that we would later use for bait, to a shark, tarpon and a mystery fish that almost pulled Pepe overboard! Literally!
Pepe is his own Key West Zagat as well. We followed his recommendations on places to eat, as well as where to have our fish taken to be cooked and were 100% satisfied again.
We will look no further than Pepe on our next trip to Key West and neither should you.
Thanks Pepe!

Visited January 2012
1 Thank watsonli143
Columbia, Missouri
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Didn't realize how fun fishing could be!”
Reviewed 14 January 2012

We went on a half day charter with Pepe in June 2011. We met him at his boat (not a far bike ride from the west side of the island) armed only with sunscreen. He had a cooler full of drinks and plenty of sunscreen.
I was unsure about doing a fishing charter and had though about just letting my boyfriend go alone- but the number of people don't change the price of the charter so I went along. Pepe was SO helpful! It took a few minutes to ride out to the fishing spot, which was fun like a private tour. Within 10 minute of us getting there I had a pole in my hand and was fishing away. Pepe is a great teacher- he makes the fishing super easy- but you are the one doing the work.
We were tarpon fishing and we saw a lot of tarpon jumping in the area. It wasn't long until I hooked one!! I was SO excited and scared- the fish was SO STRONG. Pepe coached me on what to do (when to reel, when to let out, where to aim the pole). I fought the Tarpon for probably an hour (I understand it can take up to 3 hours to catch one?) and it was jumping and going crazy- it was really a workout for my arms! Unfortunately, the Tarpon eventually go tangled up on a pole near Ft. Zachary Taylor and broke the line!
Still, I had SO MUCH FUN fighting that fish (the fight is the fun part anyway). Not long after I had lost mine my boyfriend hooked one right away and fought it for probably half an hour but the Tarpon tangled in an anchor line and got away.
We didn't catch anything but I had a great time and I now LOVE fishing! Pepe was great, fishing was super fun!
My advice: Wear a lot of sunscreen. I put sunscreen on before we were even on the boat and reapplied every hour (I get burnt very easily). My boyfriend waited probably 15 minutes to put sunscreen on after we were on the boat and got a decent burn.

Visited June 2011