“Home Away from Home”

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Greensburg, Indiana
“Home Away from Home”
Reviewed 18 February 2015 for a stay in February 2015
person found this review helpful

Love the Duval Penthouse; our second year staying there. Fantastic location, clean, well taken care of. Only one thing I would change... the mattress in the Master bedroom is much too soft. This rental is close to everything, and is beautiful. Love our time spent there. Key West and the Duval Penthouse is our "Home Away from Home". Grocery & liquor store nearby.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: location
Liked least: Master bedroom mattress gives us a backache; much too soft for comfort
Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
A TripAdvisor Member
“Awesome place, awesome penthouse”
Reviewed 26 March 2014 for a stay in March 2014
people found this review helpful

The place was awesome. As everyone says, the back bedroom is a bit noisy being right on Duval and next to Willie T's but still a great place. I found that leaving doors open for a nice breeze was irritating as the fire alarms would keep going off. Not sure if it was caused by the smoke from next door cooking or what but that was a bit of a nuisance. Not enough to deter me from staying there again though. As others have said, would be nice to have small tvs in each bedroom since that's what helps me to go to sleep but really my problem not the owner's I guess. Be prepared to walk up two small flights of steps. Can be a little tough if you have heavy suitcases. I ended up emptying my suitcase outside and carrying items in until I could comfortably carry the suitcase up the steps. Overall a beautiful well maintained place. Would definitely consider going back as long as I had more people to share the costs. Afterthought, a small inexpensive wireless printer would be nice for printing out work information, etc. I could not find a business area close that I could do that so would be nice if in the penthouse. This location is close to everything. It was rare that we took cabs or the bicycle transportation. Be sure to go to Hemingways and Truman and Butterfly museums. They were all awesome. Also small place around the corner called Locos for food and drink is a hidden wonder. Excellent and inexpensive-all outdoors. In key lime square I believe. Not advertised anywhere and we stumbled upon by accident.

A TripAdvisor Member
“Fantastic Vacation at Duval Penthouse”
Reviewed 12 February 2014 for a stay in February 2014
people found this review helpful

We loved the Duval Penthouse! Fantastic location, grocery half block away, liquor store around corner, pizza places nearby, and best of all, Willie T's next door where 2 of my favorite Key West musicians were performing while we were there. Loved all the porches/outside sitting areas and the pool. The inside was beautiful. Front bedroom is noisy nearly all night from the street, but use "white noise" or ear plugs.

A couple suggestions that would be beneficial: Make the Master bed so it doesn't squeak every time you roll over. Also, mattress was much too soft (but that is just my opinion). A small TV in each bedroom would be nice. A motion-sensor light at the back gate. A couple nights it was very dark when we approached the gate coming back, and hard to see to unlock gate.

Overall, loved the Duval Penthouse and we definitely want to stay again. Also, it was very nice of Capt. Mark to come and greet us! Nice to meet him and talk to him for a bit. Love this place!

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Management Response
12 Feb 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our home. We appreciate your feedback and will share your suggestions with the owner.

Come back soon!
12Indiana
Greensburg, Indiana
“Fantastic penthouse in a top Old Town Key West location!”
Reviewed 10 February 2014 for a stay in February 2014

We loved the Duval Penthouse. It was decorated beautifully and had plenty of space for us (3 couples). We enjoyed the small pool, all of the porches and rooftop sunning area. Loved that it was next to Willie T's as that is a favorite hang-out for us with a couple of our favorite musicians at this time of year. Just a short walk around the block to access Duval St. Nearby grocery store, pizza places, coffee & donut shops, Walgreens, etc. We used the beautiful kitchen & grill to cook in a couple of evenings. The Peter Lik artwork in the penthouse is absolutely gorgeous! Overall we had a great stay!

Couple of additions that would add to the overall stay: A motion-sensor light at the gate. Several nights it was quite dark as we walked back into the area where the gate was. A small TV in each bedroom, and lighted clocks in the bedrooms. Probably a matter of personal taste, but we found the mattress in the Master bedroom to be much too soft; the bed was also quite squeaky! The guests using the upstairs bedroom to the front thought that mattress was also too soft. Master bedroom is noisy most of the night with the street noises which could bother some people. Sun umbrella on upper deck has seen much better days.

We loved the unit and our experience with staying there and wouldn't hesitate to stay there again. I think a noise machine in the Master bedroom would help cover some of the street noises. It really is a beautiful unit. We were also surprised and pleased that the owner came by to meet us and make sure that everything was fine.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location and overall size of penthouse.
Liked least: mattresses
Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
A TripAdvisor Member
“Condo was great. Weather not so great”
Reviewed 24 January 2014 for a stay in January 2014
person found this review helpful

We were very happy with the condo. It was as good as advertised. Lots of room for our family with adult children. Walking distance to almost everything important in key west. The owner Mark met us when we arrived even though we were delayed by weather until nearly midnight. The condo is vey well laid out for entertaining which was perfect for our family to spend time together. Since you front on Duval and Willy T's bar is next door you do hear their music but we just accepted that as part of the Key West atmosphere. We enjoyed sitting on the deck watching the people go by on Duval. Two evenings we cooked on the grill that is provided. The weather wasn't so great but heated pool was still welcome. I highly recommend this property and would return again.

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Luxury-minded travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing