“Home away from home!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Key West Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 77 Key West B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 March 2012

We stayed in the Bates room; main floor, front of house. The room was spacious, clean and very well kept. It is nicely appointed with a chest of drawers, wardrobe for hanging cloths, sitting chair with end table and large end table between two full size beds. Lighting included one overhead, two lamp stands and one lamp for the large end table; the room also has three large windows for natural light. The room also includes its own bath with fresh towels daily, an overhead fan and air conditioning.
The staff is very friendly and knowledgeable; we were continuously asked how our day was join and what did we think of the places we visited. The staff also had great local knowledge of neighborhood restaurants.
The breakfasts were nearly perfect. A large variety of fruits was available every day. The surprise each day was the kind of baked goods that were available; cobblers, breads, coffee cakes and more were delicious.
The house has a very relaxing atmosphere with a spacious sitting room on the main floor and a hot tub (kept cool during the day) in the back yard. An outdoor sauna is also available. Plenty of outdoor seating to enjoy breakfast or just find a little quiet space later in the day.
To top things off, the location is two blocks from the wharf and very close to local restaurants and of course, Duval Street.

Room Tip: Some rooms have a private bath and some share a bath.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
8  Thank Shinjin7

Reviewed 22 March 2012

A fantastic bed and breakfast and we have stayed at many. Lovely, clean, gorgeous art work.Very gracious staff. We were on 2nd floor, 4 rooms two shared bathrooms. Never had to wait.
Outside patios beautiful and well kept, very Carribean feel. Breakfast is so good, plentiful and a work of art. Even Goo, Jody's little dog was exceptional and yes gracious.

Room Tip: All rooms I saw were lovely. We stayed on the second floor.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ann Roman R
Reviewed 12 March 2012

I booked a stay at the Key West B&B based on the ratings here on Trip Advisor. Believe the ratings here- this little gem is a fantastic place to stay. I could rave on about the comfort and exceptional service but there is no need- others here keep saying how great this place is. Believe it!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Shelol
Reviewed 12 March 2012

Before I arrived, the staff was so friendly and accommodating on the phone and email, but I had no way of anticipating the beauty of the home and fantastic landscaping in the back. Breakfast was served at 8:30 AM and was a feast for the eyes and the palate. Of course the perfect weather helped a lot. I'm a writer and I staked out the porch overlooking William Street and set up my laptop. I quickly got into the Key West flow as bicyclist peddled SLOWLY (I quickly learned the rhythm Key West where the pace is very relaxed.) The Popular House was quiet and peaceful, and facilitated a good morning's writing. Then, I would head out for lunch, to a nearby Thai restaurant that served all my favorites or a little seafood restaurant two blacks away. In the afternoon, I'd head to Mallory Square to enjoy the local entertainment and enjoy the sunset celebration. In the evening, I’d stroll down Duval Street for more fun people watching. Everything worth seeing in Key West was just a short walk. I'm already planning my next vacation to this beautiful city and my adopted home, The Popular House.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
5  Thank Larry K
Reviewed 11 March 2012

My recent visit to Key West B&B was absolutely unforgettable. I scheduled this trip on impulse and knew virtually nothing about the house other than the street address. I'd picked the place based on location because I wasn't getting a car and wanted to walk everywhere.

I travel a fair amount for work so I was expecting an experience like any other hotel - boy was I in for a surprise! The second I came in the door, Lizzy made me feel very welcome, told me all about the house, gave me a tour and asked me if I was a reader (I am), all the while multi-tasking with a level of efficiency that I didn't know existed.

She showed me my room which was adorable and immaculate. I shared a bathroom which can be awkward if you've never done it, but I had no problems. The bathroom was always spotless and there were plenty of clean towels in the bathroom and in my room - it was much easier than sharing with 3 teenagers at home - and there are two bathrooms on the second floor so I never had to wait!

The house runs on a precise schedule - breakfast is ready at 8:30 on the dot. In addition to excellent coffee, fruit and baked goods, it's a fantastic opportunity to meet the other guests. I met lots of lovely people - virtually all of them have been coming for years, so if I'm lucky, I'll see many again next year!

Room Tip: Ask Lizzy for a recommendation on the room - and plan ahead, the veterans told me to make my reserva...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo