Heron House
Crowne Plaza Key West La Concha(Key West)(Great Value!)
US$ 270
US$ 232
  • Pool
Best Western Key Ambassador Resort Inn(Key West)(Great Value!)
US$ 307
US$ 258
The Gardens Hotel(Key West)(Great Value!)
US$ 357
US$ 226
US$ 325
US$ 276
  • Pool
Key West Marriott Beachside Hotel(Key West)(Great Value!)
US$ 234
US$ 376
US$ 336
US$ 370
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Sheraton Suites Key West(Key West)(Great Value!)
US$ 429
US$ 323
Hotelpower.com
  • Pool
All reviewssun deckwine and cheesebagelsduval streetsimonton stwindow unitbed and breakfastfrench doorswet barevery morningother guestsfresh fruitcommon areasnice breakfaststreet parkingking bedprivate patio
Reviewed 20 March 2012

Nice facility,good rooms and friendlly staff. Centrally located to main attractions of Key West.
Adults only so very relaxing but not stuffy.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 March 2012

We recently stayed at Heron House. We were disappointed that there was no parking available and although they told me that this is mentioned on their website, I am unable to find any mention of it now that I am back home and able to browse the website. I do feel it should be clearly stated that there is no parking. We had hired a convertible Mustang especially for this trip and had to leave the car in a car park three blocks down ($20 per day). It was still there when we came to leave which was a relief!

I would suggest the addition of a coffee/tea tray with coffee maker or little kettle or jug for boiling up water for your early morning cuppa and for an arrival hot drink. Having said that, coffee is available from the pool area from 7 am onwards until the end of breakfast. Starbucks is a short walk around the corner.

The owners have been at pains to provide for their guests' every need. There are the mini shampoo, soaps, conditioner etc. The towelling looks almost new and is clean and fluffy. There are two dressing gowns in the wardrobe, a safe, iron, ironing board and hair dryer. A small tv. A CD player was beside the bed. The bed was narrow for two people, 4'6" at the most but otherwise comfortable with plenty of pillows.

Unfortunately our bedroom smelt very musty when we arrived but we kept the fly screened window open and the door open as much as we could and after a few days the smell seemed to lessen.

They keep the rooms and surrounding areas clean and insect free. The staff are extremely nice and polite. The breakfasts are very pleasant with fresh fruit salad, cereals, breads, and eggs etc. available. Breakfast can be eaten poolside or on the deck outside your room.
The 'happy hour' wine and cheese evening we experienced was very pleasant with nice wines available and a seemingly limitless supply of cheese and biscuits available. The pool area is particularly nice with palms and tropical plants. The pool is pristine. They will not tolerate noisy behaviour which is good.

We would stay here again but would fly in next time as it was a bit of a worry about the car in a dubious looking car park. We had wanted to drive the bridges down which was great.
Heron House is well located with restaurants etc. reasonably close by.

All in all, a nice hotel with pleasant staff who genuinely wish to make your stay enjoyable.

Room Tip: We were in Room 45 which, from reading other reviews, would appear to be one of their small rooms.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Linda186299
Reviewed 28 February 2012

looking forward to our trip in March, this is our second trip and I have compared value, price and accomadations. By far Heron House is the best, very nice, clean and convienient to everything, low keyed not fancy but comfortable. I can't see why people have anything negative to say about this B&B, I would not let that discourage you. I am a business owner and I want to go to a vacation where I can relax and enjoy, I know about customer service. The Heron House is accomadating and very professional.

Room Tip: I prefer upper so I can sit on the balcony and look over the pool
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 February 2012

Stayed for a couple nights there. Nice place. A little unusual for arrivals after 6. You are suposed to call if you arrive after 6 but when I called at 5 nobody answered the phone anymore. Might be worthwhile to change that.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank swisstex
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Centrally located...walk to all attractions, restaurants, and activities, yet far enough away from the "wild" streets. Classy, quite,very clean, beautifully decorated, friendly. The rooms (especially #11) were spacious yet cozy. The continental breakfast is great. There is a high standard set for the guests, so if you are a party animal, this is not for you (You will be asked to leave.)

Room Tip: Check out their website.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple