“June 2012 four day stay”
Review of The Banyan Resort

The Banyan Resort
Ranked #37 of 77 Key West B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 2 July 2012

We stayed here for four days over a weekend in June in a rwo bedroom suite. We has made the reservation about six months prior and had brought our car with us so we let them know that we needed a space to park. My first impression was that it was much smaller than what I had pictured. We checked in with Heather who was very nice and laid back. She explained to us that one of the pools would be closed due to unscheduled repairs and if that was a problem they would refund our money and find us some place else to stay. The did explain that they had made a deal with Le Concha (sp) on Duval to allow us to use that pool as well. This was probably the only negative we had with the resort and I will explain. I was not happy with this as you may imagine, we paid good money to stay and if you are under going construction it would be nice to have had advance notice prior to arrival at 4:30 after a six hour drive down. We left e-mail and cell phone numbers so notice could have been given. I am aware that they offered a refund and help finding some place else to stay but with five people in tow including two teenagers I did not want to leave it to chance that we could fond some place exceptable on such short notice. We opted to stay. We did not use the pool until the day prior to checking out as a result and we did hear people mention that the noise from the work being done at the main pool was very loud. You have to undertsand that the pools although seperate are probably only 15 feet from each other. We didn't have a problem with noise the day we were there.

As mentioned the Banyan is very pretty. The two bedroom was roomy and comfortable, very clean and nicely decorated. The staff is friendly and helpful. We had breakfast at the tiki bar every morning, luck one day and Bridgette was great! The other guests were all very friendly. I think the Banyan Resort is a very nice place to stay. I just wish the other pool was up and running as I am sure the property would be even nicer.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank britri
Management response:Responded 3 July 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Please accept our most sincere apologies for the pool deck project. Unfortunately, there is no good time of year in Key West for a project like this. I hope you will consider staying with us again during your next visit to our tropical island paradise!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for The Banyan Resort

Reviewed 16 June 2012

Not a single negative thing about this inn. I have stayed at many places in Key West, and I only hope that The Banyan will be available each and every time I go to Key West because there is no need to try anywhere else.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Management response:Responded 3 July 2012

Thank you for such a great review! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us and took the time to share you experience. See you next time!!

Reviewed 11 June 2012

We debated between stayng at a resort on the beach and here at The Banyan in June 2012. For this trip with friends (another couple), we preferred the Old Key West feel and proximity to Duval St so we decided on The Banyan, This is not a luxury 5-star resort but a great beach-town hotel/time-share. We stayed in a treetop room (3rd floor with sloped ceilings, 1 bed, 1 bath, pull-out sofa). The unit was clean, the bed was very comfortable (the pull-out was typical for a pull-out), and the full deck outside our door was an added bonus. Definitely enough room for the four of us. Loved the gardens between the buildings. Great location. convenient to everything. We did end up having to park offsite, which was a bit of a walk, but I was made fully aware of this possibility when I made the reservation so it was not a surprise.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank iansmom03
Reviewed 4 June 2012

We stayed in a studio room 103 and it was PERFECT. I was afraid it was going to be too small after I booked it but, it was perfect for the two evenings we spent there. We had our own private gated deck/patio attached to our room....small kitchen...nice size bathroom...everything was really clean. The grounds were absolutely great and the banyan trees are truly amazing! Our patio had our own little private entrance to the pool and bar which was nice (Say Hi to Kathy at the bar, she made a great cuban egg sandwich for me in the morning!) Everybody there was really nice and welcoming. We didn't want to leave and ended up staying another night. Perfect location to our favorite spots in Key West. We rented bikes on property and rode through the Truman Antics which was beautiful too. We live up in Marathon and we will definitely return for our get-a-ways!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2012

The property is gorgeous. The rooms were all very neat, clean, and also very eco-friendly.
I will also stay at this property when I visit Key West. Noel was always smiling and great at setting up events for us to do, she also had so many great references for local bars and restaurants.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends