Hemingway Rum -Papa's Pilar Distillery
Open today: 11:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Great Rum, friendly staff, great experience

Friendly Staff, sexy interior, great rum- limited edition bottles on my sold here! The tasting was... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
42-TravelCheetah
via mobile
FUN!

Such a great experience! Being a non-liquor drinker, I THOROUGHLY enjoyed this tour and cocktail... read more

Reviewed 5 days ago

from US$ 45.95
from US$ 96.75
from US$ 44.95
More Info
All reviews captain kirk great tour cocktail class free tasting distilling process tour tasting mixology class educational tour behind the scenes learned how gift shop conch train lots of fun highly recommend this tour key west trip his life hemingway
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Absolutely loved the private afternoon tour. Distillery tour was great, fantastic explanation of how the distillery works, from the sugar cane all the way to the bottling process. We had the opportunity to taste both rums, and make two different drinks. Captain Kirk was very personable, friendly, and overall it was a really really fun time. We highly recommend taking the tour. You won’t regret it.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Started Girls Night Out at Hemingway Rum Co Cocktail class! Rum shots were yummy! The cocktails were delicious! And the gift bags were a bonus! Mo and JoJo were great hosts and super funny! Highly recommend booking a cocktail class while in Key West!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

An amazing cozy experience in a small production distillery. Although praised for blended rum there is a fully functional still making gods nectar!! DoDo, Mo, Kate, Lego and the crew make sure everything is personal and professional.

Date of experience: June 2021
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

What a fun experience! Mo & JoJo on the tour and behind the bar were excellent ambassadors of the Pilar brand. The tour was fun and full of information… but the best part was the cocktail class. Wonderful spirts paired with wonderful stories. Thank you!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Very disappointed with the hostess, she was not helpful and was very rude. I had a question regarding tour and tasting duration and her response was fresh, so my group of 9 left and went for a flight tasting at The Rum Bar on Duval Street and had a great experience.

Date of experience: August 2021
TriciaC349, General Manager at Hemingway Rum -Papa's Pilar Distillery, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hello Happiness 377850,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am sorry that you encountered this type of reception and that the experience did not meet your expectations or ours. The guest experience is paramount to us and this saddens me to hear how you were treated. Please accept our sincerest apologies.
Your feedback is very important to us, as it's how we improve and grow, especially now as we have a new team that's training and working hard to learn and understand all that we expect from them.
I would really like to talk with you and find out more about your experience this past weekend. You can reach me directly at tconstable@papaspilar.com

Please know we hope you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the future, not sure if you are still in Key West - please contact me and let me know as we would love to have you as our guest for a Distillery Tour. Our Tours are offered Wed- Sat between 11am-4pm and last about 45 min. Reservations are required and if and when you come back we will take care of making the reservation for you.
Hope to hear from you soon.