My wife and I were in Key West last week and stayed at the Pier House for the first time ever. Basing it on previous reviews from this site, we booked this facility! We were not disappointed! Great location (right at the end of Duval Street, with a CVS right across the street (useful for quick snacks, etc. ), easy to get to just about anywhere you want to go, and a wonderful facility overall.
The room was clean (we had a ground floor room, not an ocean view), with a private patio as well-but very adequate in size and in-room amenities (refrigerator was on and already cold). The pool/bar area was great, with very good, friendly service, and the private patio area was quite clean, with the pool/beach staff also very friendly. The private beach was beautiful, with a floating "raft"area within easy swimming distance from the beach. Absolutely beautiful facility--great service, nice sized (single) room that was very adequately cleaned pretty early for us each day (except for the Monday we were there---maybe there were a lot of people checking out that day?), as it was usually ready by the time we came back from Breakfast in town followed by a leisurely walk back. We never ate at any of the restaurants on site, so I cannot comment on those, but the service at the bar by the beach was great!! The only knock I would have (and this is an individual thing) is that they seemed to have the hardest water I have ever experienced at any hotel--but this could be due my skin and to sitting at the beach and swimming in the water most every day!!
I would highly recommend the Pier House--a bit steep in price, but you got what you paid for and more in my book! Next time we go to Key West, this is where we will stay!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perhaps nothing is more "Key West" than the Pier House Resort and Spa -it's like no other. Elegant accommodations, lush gardens, a private beach, a selection of restaurants and bars, a full-service spa and a for real let-your-hair-down attitude all come together in a tropical escape that simply can't be duplicated. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pier House Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pier House Hotel Key West
- Pier Hotel Key West
- Pier House Key West Florida
- Pier Key West