My husband and I returned to Key West and we stayed in the corner Dockside suite for 3 nights. Having stayed at Ocean Key across the street before, we knew we liked the location at the end of Duvel Street, and thought we would try Pier House. We splurged on the dockside suite(room 807- first floor), as we really like just chilling on the deck, and watching the sunsets. The view was epic, you can see all the party boats cruise by at sunset, and watch all the action along the pier from your deck chair.The deck wrapped around 2 sides, with 2 loungers and 2 chairs and small table. Like another reviewer said, there is a large public area under these rooms, and there was a small crowd there for sunset. I would recommend getting a room on the second floor of the dockside building (6 rooms, 3 per floor) as it would be more private. The room itself was clean, very bright, if small. It was laid out in a way that the living room (with pull out) was in the front, with the bathroom between the living room and rear bedroom, in a sort of ' Jack and Jill' design. This room would work for 2 couples, or a family of 4.
The property itself is quite lager, but laid out well, so it feels casual. There several buildings, connected by pathways and filled in with lush gardens a water features. The pool is small, but open 24 hours, and there is a small private beach. The beach is groomed every morning (seaweed cleaned up), there is towel and lounge chair service, and a raft anchored in the swimming area. The beach is sheltered from the bay, so would be ok for smaller kids (but no life guard).
There are two bars on site; one very small, and full of locals, and another right by the beach. There is also a restaurant on site, that we ate at twice. The food was ok, nothing special. We were pleasant surprised with the Free Parking ( no valet service) and free, fast, Wi-FI.
Overall, this is a great resort in a perfect location. If you are going to come all this way to Key West I would splurge on a dockside suite and bask in the best sunsets you will ever see.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perhaps nothing is more "Key West" than the Pier House Resort and Spa -it's like no other. Elegant accommodations, lush gardens, a private beach, a selection of restaurants and bars, a full-service spa and a for real let-your-hair-down attitude all come together in a tropical escape that simply can't be duplicated. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your Pier House Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pier House Hotel Key West
- Pier Hotel Key West
- Pier House Key West Florida
- Pier Key West