“We went twice in a week”

Better Than Sex - A Dessert Restaurant
Ranked #21 of 472 Restaurants in Key West
Price range: US$ 7 - US$ 14
Cuisines: Wine Bar
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Full service dessert restaurant featuring beer & chocolate dipped wines, and coffees.
Reviewed 15 January 2018

I mean, the title says it all. This place is the BOMB! My wife and I love to cheat a bit and dig into some sweets, and this place does it for us.

2  Thank Jesse W

Reviewed 15 January 2018

A good friend of mine highly recommended I take a break from the fun of Duval Street and check out this place. The ambiance was much different than expected. It was very dark and had an intimate setting, however it does not have to be for romantics only. All the deserts have clever names to go along with them as well. We got the Key Lime Pie and the Missionary Crisp. The Key Lime was OK compared to what one can find in Key West and Key Largo. The Missionary Crisp was very good however. I came with a large scoop of ice cream covered in caramel with an apple crisp.

They also have amazing drinks but we were too full from dinner but we did get an apple beer which was tasty and not too sweet.

1  Thank Stephen J
Reviewed 15 January 2018 via mobile

We had a great experience! Even though it is meant for couples, we had a good time with our family. Most of the cocktails are shots, which I liked because I couldn't take much alcohol with that amount of sugar!! We ordered 7 desserts for 6 people and shared everything. Favorites: chocolate brie grilled cheese and chocolate raspberry truffle. Final bill (6 drinks, 7 desserts) was $118. Service was super fun and friendly.

Reviewed 14 January 2018

This is our "go to" place for exquisite desserts and drinks! It's difficult to describe just how beautiful the restaurant and food/drinks are. It's something everyone should experience on their own. My only suggestion is to allow plenty of time after having dinner before visiting here since the desserts are rich and filling! The wines/champagne/cocktails are absolutely gorgeous and luscious! We visit Better Than Sex on every visit to Key West!

Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

The organic chocolate stout with dark chocolate rim was delicious. I would leave off the chocolate rim as the beer was that good. I had chocolate on my nose and face from the rim chocolate. I had the cheesecake with popcorn bark. Too rich for me to finish! Husband had cream in his coffee which we liked. Husband had cookie nookie pie which he liked. Private booths and beautiful ambiance.