2 people have started booking this hotel
Priceline$786
CheapTickets$741
FindHotel$786
1,821 results
All reviews la marea sand bar las olas valet staff valet parking pool area beautiful property bay front water sports fire pit beautiful pool live music spring break the florida keys fish family vacation lounge chairs
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 November 2021 via mobile

Love the resort. It’s not too big. Great location. The rooms are large. However, we didn’t get room service for quite a few days. Not that we need a full clean. Just a replenishment of towels, coffee, garbage emptied, etc. when we called the front desk, they said we requested no service which is a complete lie. The resort is kept clean. There are plenty of pool towels and chairs by the pool and beach.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 18 November 2021

Absolutely gorgeous hotel. Staff was helpful, welcoming, fun and personable. Food and drinks were outstanding! Room was huge, shower was incredible, and everything was clean and smelled like heaven. I would return again in a heartbeat!

Reviewed 15 November 2021

This was my family's second vacation at the Playa Largo, and it was about as perfect of a vacation as we could have hoped for. We originally were supposed to stay at the Westin in Grand Cayman, but the Cayman Island had not reopened their borders to international travelers without a 2 week quarantine at the time we traveled, so we were forced to stay within the US. We use Marriott Bonvoy points to book most of our trips now because of the significant cost savings, so if you are not taking advantage of this I highly recommend looking into it.
We stayed 6 nights at the Playa, and from check-in to check-out everything was great. We arrived around lunch on Sunday and our room wasn't ready yet which actually worked to our advantage. The concierge took us over to the Playa Club which is typically reserved for Platinum members only so we could put on our swim suits and enjoy the pool until our room was ready. He gave us his key to the club, and said it would expire at the end of the day, but it actually worked for the entire week which was awesome. We grabbed snacks and drinks there, played games, and showered there before dinner almost every day to speed up getting ready since there were 2 showers in each of the locker rooms. But having access to that was one of the highlights of the week.
The resort itself is really stunning, it's only a few years old so the grounds, room, pool, etc were all excellent condition. We were given a room on the first floor of the Marina tower which we loved, it was just a short walk to the pool and Playa Club, and we had brought an inflatable stand up paddle board so it was nice not having to carry it up stairs or try to get it into an elevator. Also with covid issues, it was really nice to not have to get in an elevator the entire week. There are tons of great activities going on every day, and we took advantage of them as much as we could. Almost every day the bar stuff brings around free frozen drinks (non-alcoholic) for everybody at the pool, they had a water balloon fight for the kids, a hula hoop contest, free fishing off the pier, sand toys and all kinds of other things. While there is a beach like there is at Baker's Cay, the bottom is sandy, and the water is clear and calm and perfect for snorkeling, kayaking or paddle boarding. We saw manatees, stingrays, and tons of other interesting sea creatures while snorkeling, which was fun. Also, the Eventide event they do every day is great. They have live music by the pool, light bonfires and do s'mores and everyone has a great time. They do free drinks during Eventide, but you have to go up to the bar and ask for a very specific drink to get the free one. If you ask about the Eventide drink they will kind of point you to the table with the pineapple drinks which are $18 (but worth it). I think it's a pineapple mojito if I remember correctly, but definitely take advantage of it.
As far as food goes, we did lunch by the pool almost every day, and the food is really good. It's a little pricey, but nothing outrageous. The portion size especially for the kids meals is huge, so we split meals quite a bit. We did rent a cabana one of the days and it was 100% worth it. If you rent them during the weekend it's half the price as on the weekend, and you get the cabana the entire day, 2 appitizers, a $50 food credit, and a pitcher of sangria. We ended up staying out there until dark and just had dinner at the cabana since we liked it that much. But if you're looking to splurge a little bit, we really liked having the shaded spot, and there is a fan and TV as well.
As far as the staff goes, we though they were excellent. A lot of the servers and bar tenders were working all day every day, and we could tell they were tired some of the days, but they were always friendly and did a great job. One of the evenings we saw a bartender trying to carry a huge tub of pineapples back to the kitchen and I could tell she was exhausted so I ran over and carried it for her, and she was so appreciative. She took me up to the bar and told me to order whatever I wanted as a thank you which was great. Adam that concierge was awesome as well, and we talked to him a bunch of times throughout the week.
But overall if you are looking for a great vacation in the Keys, I can't recommend the Playa Largo enough. It's a beautiful property with a great pool, really nice rooms and plenty of stuff to do. Key Largo also has tons of great waterfront dining and is a lot more family friendly than Key West, so if you are looking for a great place to stay in the Keys I can't recommend it enough. If you have any questions about the Playa Largo, or Key Largo in general feel free to send me a message, I'd be more than happy to answer.

Room tip: We liked the Marina tower, it's close to the pool and lobby. Also rooms on the first floor have walk out patios.
Date of stay: August 2021
5  Thank TravelDad5599
Reviewed 10 November 2021 via mobile

This place was excellent from start to finish. When I arrived, the guy at the guard booth and valet were so nice and friendly. The staff at the Tiki bar were very nice and provided great service. Besides the staff, the place was amazing with a great waterfront

Date of stay: November 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 November 2021

I spent a birthday weekend with my family at this beautiful place. Pool area was our favorite hangout paradise. A big shootout to the twins bartenders Manuel and Javier Febles for their camaraderie. They went beyond the extra mile on customer service and even prepared a special birthday drink for me. I will definitely return and recommend it. Thanks guys.

Trip type: Travelled with family