Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.com$347
Travelocity$347
Hotels.com$347
Traveluro$388
Priceline$347
Orbitz.com$347
All reviews beach daze free kayaks old florida boat ramp mrs macs laid back fish mac's kitchen only stayed one night watch the sunset small beach water front tiki hut hidden gem stayed longer full kitchen pelicans
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 May 2021 via mobile

My sister and I had found this place last min and needed a room fast!
We were absolutely blown away by the service and cleanliness of this little motel/cottages!
As we entered the room you could smell how clean it was!
We only stayed for 1 night but it was worth it! Had dinner (Bayside Grill, amazing service and food!) and breakfast (Mrs. Macs) within walking distance!
Relaxed on the dock before bed and in the morning just as the sun was coming up! You can watch the sunset from the dock too!!
We took advantage of the kayaks that were available and loved our paddle down the coast! On our way back we got SO close to a manatee! It was magical! Thanks for the great stay! We will be back!

Room tip: Quiet time 10pm-9am. Kayaks available. Private beach. Bring beach towels!
Trip type: Travelled with friends
John Godsey, Owner at The Pelican Key Largo Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2021

Thank you so much for the lovely review! We're so happy to hear that you guys had a great stay and we hope to welcome you back very soon! As always, thank you for choosing The Pelican!

Reviewed 18 May 2021 via mobile

Guests, beware! Manager was awful, however the other staff members were wonderful. We arrived late due to traffic (we traveled over 4 hours). Our key was left in an envelope at the front office with our name on it. Front office was closed. We had an issue with getting locked out of the room (be careful, the door automatically locks when you close it) but there is an emergency # to call and they sent someone right away to open it. Our stay was short, we left early the next morning. I walked to the front office to check out and drop off our keys. The lady was very sweet and I thanked her. As we were getting into our Uber, she came back out asking us to sign paperwork since we were unable to during check in because the office was closed. No problem there, so I did.
Here is where we did have problems: the manager blames us for arriving late, saying we were trying to avoid paying a car and boat fee. We called the day before letting them know we would have a boat & car. It was a measly $25 that we didn’t mind paying. The cost should have been factored into the paperwork since we called the day ahead to make them aware. He also said that we left in a scurry without stopping by the front desk. The woman at the desk is my witness that I stopped by and left both keys and let her know I was checking out. It is not my fault she did not ask me to sign paperwork at that time. He also stated we had an extra vehicle, which we did not and two extra guests. We had our two children with us. We had booked a two bedroom cottage that states it sleeps 4 people and we had 4 guests (2 adults and 2 children) so I do not understand his argument there other than he just wants to argue. I am baffled that he has chosen a career woven around customer service when he lacks so much of it. We will not be staying here again and advise others to seek other options.

Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank StellaBella57
John Godsey, Owner at The Pelican Key Largo Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2021

The events that you have described are completely false. We know that this is an effort being made by both you and your husband to damage our reputation because we would not be held hostage to your demands of "give us what we want or else." which is completely ridiculous!

Reviewed 17 May 2021

I hate reviewing this property so poorly but we had a terrible experience, and one that could have easily been corrected. We booked through Priceline about a month in advance. As the trip was approaching, I received an email from Booking.com and Priceline with reservation confirmations (2 separate emails with 2 different confirmation numbers). I did not realize the two companies were associated. I mistakenly thought I double booked and cancelled one of the reservations on Tuesday night for my stay on Friday night. I was charged a cancellation fee and called to ask why and subsequently realized that it wasn’t a double booking and that I had cancelled my only reservation. I then rebooked my room for that same night and was perfectly fine with paying a difference in rate but thought they would excuse the cancellation charge. I called them to explain what happened and have never experienced such inconsideration. I explained this was a honest mistake and that we really did want to stay with them AND had already rebooked. The answer was pretty much tough luck, it’s our policy. I offered to pay any cost they incurred such as fees paid to third party, etc. and the answer was no. I asked that since I am having to pay for the room I cancelled less than 10 hours ago, may I get the room? The answer was “No, we’ve already rebooked that room”. I completely understand the policy as it relates to holding a room for someone, them cancelling last minute and now you’re out the money. However, I cancelled Tuesday at 11pm for a room on Friday night, called them first thing Weds morning (9AM)... AND HAD ALREADY REBOOKED FOR A HIGHER PRICE! Even Priceline and booking agreed that the owner should take into consideration the specifics and spoke to the manager on my behalf with no luck. I honestly feel taken advantage of and believe this type of business practice and/or particular instance to be unethical. Also, the two emails from both companies with different confirmation numbers is extremely misleading. When I did cancel, I followed the link in the email. There was no notification on that Priceline page stating a date/time to cancel by, or a notification stating “if you submit this cancellation, you will be charged a cancellation fee”. There is a general 3 day cancellation policy at the bottom of the page and I was under the impression I was out of the 3 day window, as I cancelled Tuesday evening for a Friday reservation. I am a fairly frequent traveler and will not be using Booking.com or Priceline, and will NEVER stay at Pelican Key Largo Cottages again! John was the manager and should really explore a different industry outside of hospitality. Unfortunately, due to the way I was treated, I will go to the ends of Earth to dispute this charge and am going to light up every review forum. Outside of all of that the property was decent in a great location with mediocre rooms. Advertised a boat ramp however the ramp was unable to launch even my small boat. I thought that was somewhat misleading. Also charged extra for parking a boat and the property is extremely difficult to maneuver a boat in and out. I appreciate that they offered a hose at the “boat ramp” and did back my boat down the narrow drive to utilize that. Really nice area down by the water to relax, swim and kayak. No pool. Let me add this... my wife did call earlier in the day to inquire about upgrading our room to a room with 2 beds, as our daughter decided to come. This was unavailable and she did ask about the cancellation policy however, this was completely separate from me thinking I double booked the room and cancelling. The manager used this fact against me to justify not issuing a refund so I felt it necessary to include.

Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank shaunjones0905
John Godsey, Owner at The Pelican Key Largo Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2021

You have done a masterful job of convoluting and manipulating the facts of this encounter. When you made your reservation with a third party booking site, you agreed to all policies and conditions including the cancellation policy. You contacted us in attempt to cancel with in the penalty phase of your reservation and became irate when you were informed that you could not receive a refund. You berated our staff and threatened us with negative reviews if we did not comply with your demands. Once you had cancelled your reservation, you re-booked for 2 people but failed to include the 3 additional guests, additional car and a boat in your reservation. As you arrived late at night and refused to be present for check in and to sign the necessary paperwork and we were forced to try to track you down Ultimately due to your deception, we were unable to bill for the boat, additional guests and additional vehicle. Perhaps the outcome would have played out differently had you not have been so threatening and demeaning to our staff. We wish you safe travels in the future.

Reviewed 7 May 2021

The redone rooms are very spacious and clean. The beach is well kept and a very relaxing spot to spend the week. There are multiple restaurants within walking distance. The staff is very friendly! A great place to stay and a very great price!

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
John Godsey, Owner at The Pelican Key Largo Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2021

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We're so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to welcome you back very soon!

Reviewed 21 April 2021

This place just feels like a throw-back to the 50s with its tiny, dated beach-side, pastel cottages. It is very well maintained, and the staff and the guests couldn't be more friendly and accommodating. We did enjoy the small beach, the sunsets and the kayaking during our stay.

The room was spotless, if in need of some touches like a place to hang your clothes. No closet. No hangers. They did give you everything else you might need, however.

The location of the resort, directly on rte. 1 is great. Our room, however, was directly on rte. 1, which was not great! Unyielding, ear-splitting traffic all night long and a very loud a/c unit prevented us from getting any sleep at all.

Would I stay here again? Yes, but only if we can get a cottage on the beach and away from the road noise.

Date of stay: April 2021
2  Thank nottinghall
John Godsey, Owner at The Pelican Key Largo Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2021

We're very happy ro hear that you enjoyed our "old Florida" feel and vintage vibe! Our amazing location on the beautiful Florida Bay offers the perfect spot to soak up some sun and enjoy a world famous sunset from our private beach. Our waterfront suites offer a quiet, relaxing atmosphere that is completely free of the passing traffic noise. We do hope to welcome you back again very soon and as always, thank you for choosing The Pelican!