Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
FindHotel$134
Travelocity$134
Priceline$134
1,530 results
All reviews dive boat great dive dive staff captain travis dive master night dive diving experience office staff dive center the reefs front office molasses reef open water coffee pot full kitchen laid back heated pool
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 May 2022

Let me start by saying the entire dive crew were fabulous. We had an excellent time with them and they should have their own separate review page for their efforts because staying at Amoray was extremely disappointing for our entire party.

No one in our group were given an updated room. We would often joke between ourselves that this privilege was left for those who were regulars, or something. Our room was not even on par with a youth hostel room…and I’ve stayed in a few of those over the years. The floor was dirty, the beds were so hard we all came home in pain, the curtains barely closed and we just closed our eyes and hoped for the best every time we used the bathroom. These rooms really shouldn’t be rented out until they are renovated, you’re doing your company a great disservice by keeping them in service.

We hadn’t read all these reviews prior…and weren’t given any notice from the hotel itself that they were undergoing renovations. The first we knew about it was when I looked out my window, half dressed and noticed a man standing on the roof right in front of the window. We spent the entire four days barely able to spend any time in our room during the day because of the noise - it was REALLY loud. Napping was out of the question, even taking a phone call in our room was out of the question because it was THAT loud. It got to the point where it was so loud, we would run in and get out as quickly as possible. When I finally went to the office to ask when the workers would be finished for the day, I was given the same line that is on every review here - we are undergoing renovations….really? I didn’t notice. I was offered 15% off one night, which I think amounted to about $35, which just seemed insulting.

You should give your guests advance notice of the renovations so they can decide if relaxing is really part of their vacation plans with you. Sadly, we won’t return here to stay and recommend any one who is looking to spend some time relaxing in the hotel, to have a conversation with them before booking and to know what you are getting into. Perhaps stay somewhere else and dive…because that crew really worked their butts off and were the only thing that saved our vacation from being ruined.

Date of stay: May 2022
Amoray Resort, General Manager at Amoray Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2022

Thank you for your review. We apologize your stay wasn't pleasant. We are a historical hotel undergoing renovations and hope to be fully renovated soon! Please ask about our renovated rooms and we will do our best to make your stay a pleasant one!

Reviewed 7 May 2022

Not dived for a while but this made the return to the water a cinch. From check in to return to dock a great experience. Kit all up to date and in good shape. Guides cheery and obviously love what they do. Highly recommend

Trip type: Travelled solo
Amoray Resort, General Manager at Amoray Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2022

Thank you so much for your review! We hope you come back to visit us soon :)

Reviewed 7 May 2022

On a last minute whim we decided to do a deep dive on one of the keys most beautiful wrecks. Jeff & Cynthia(the owners) really step up to the plate. T managed to coordinated with other local operators to move divers so that everyone involved had the appropriate depth for their experience. he staff was super friendly and knowledgeable. They run an methodically organized excursion with an excellent attitude. Highly recommend them! Thank you all!

Date of stay: May 2022

We are so glad we got to be a part of your vacation. Thank you so much for choosing to dive with our Amoray Team. We all hope you can come back soon and have some more fun :) Have a great day!

Reviewed 4 May 2022

Ten members of the Rec Divers scuba club stayed at the Amoray Resort from April 28-May2, 2022. I recommend staying at the resort using the STAY & DIVE PACKAGE. The package gives you a 15% discount on rooms and diving/snorkeling. 20% off rental gear and other purchases. While I gave the rooms a 3.5 out of 5; I would give the dive operation a solid 5++. Spend a little more and stay in a Supreme Queen Suite if you have more than 2 people in a room. For me, this was my third time on the Amoray Diver. My experience was the best ever! The club booked 5 each- 2 tank dives for morning and afternoon diving with a 30-minute break for lunch. Many thanks to Captain "G" and 1st Mate Aaron and the others on board the vessel. Also, I would like to thank to Cynthia (Owner), Kim and Jay in the front office who made everything work. They were available EVERYTIME we needed something.

Room tip: I recommend a Superiour Queen Suite or better room for more than 2 people in a room.
Date of stay: May 2022
Amoray Resort, General Manager at Amoray Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2022

Thank you so much for your review and we look forward to your return visit! -Shelly

Reviewed 3 May 2022

I’ve stayed at amoray a couple of times and also have just taken day trips down there to go diving and all I can say is of all the dove boats I’ve been on I feel the safest with these guys! Captain G is the best!

Date of stay: April 2022