Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Travelocity$134
FindHotel$134
Priceline$134
1,530 results
All reviews dive boat great dive dive staff captain travis dive master night dive diving experience office staff dive center the reefs front office molasses reef open water coffee pot full kitchen laid back heated pool
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 May 2022

I’ve stayed at amoray a couple of times and also have just taken day trips down there to go diving and all I can say is of all the dove boats I’ve been on I feel the safest with these guys! Captain G is the best!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Amoray Resort, General Manager at Amoray Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2022

Captain G is the best!!! Thank you for your review and come back soon! -Shelly

Reviewed 3 May 2022 via mobile

I have very rarely been compelled to write a review here but I felt almost obliged to do so as to prevent other travellers having the same experience.

We are on a long planned trip around the Keys and this is the only resort where we have been disappointed

The photos attached clearly show the run down nature of the Resort.

We declined to stay in the first room we were allocated at $380 plus dollars because it was essentially not habitable.

The second room offered was newly renovated and much cleaner etc but was noisy overnight I suspect because of AC.

We decided to cut short our stay and to their credit the reception staff dealt with our request to check out early without a great deal of fuss and have refunded the second night.

I don’t really fault the staff for the Resort problems but clearly the management need to fix the issues soon.

The location is perfect but sadly the experience did not match this

Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chriscoop0

We are so sorry to hear you had a poor experience. We are a historically old hotel undergoing new ownership and currently under renovations. Next time please inquire about one of our renovated rooms and we will do our best to accommodate you and make your stay a pleasant one! - Shelly

Reviewed 1 May 2022 via mobile

This was a great dive resort. The staff were helpful and friendly. The rooms were nice, and it’s close to lounging and restaurants. The best part is waking up and walking just a few feet to the dive boat. It was almost as convenient as a live aboard.

Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review and come back soon! -Shelly

Reviewed 29 April 2022

We had a great time! Our room was clean, quiet and plenty big enough for 2 couples, the water area was a close great location for beautiful sunsets and to hang out. 2 of us did our open water certification as referral students. Aaron was a great instructor and guide. The dive staff and boat crew could not have been more friendly, professional and accommodating. I would definitely recommend and we will come back.

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Thank you for your review and come back soon! -Shelly

Reviewed 25 April 2022

We dove with Amoray a few years ago, allowing my daughter to complete her AOW. The ownership has changed hands since then, and what was a great experience then was exceeded last week.

We had last week in Key Largo, and with the weather forecast to be windy, Jessica was most helpful and set us up early Saturday for a dive trip on Monday for the whole family. Monday ended up being the only viable day to go out - just about the whole week ended up being blown down with 5-6' waves on the reef.

My 16 YO son was a Discover Scuba Diving student, my daughter and I have AOW, while my wife likes to snorkel. Jessica was able to schedule us all on the same boat, which was perfect.

My son's DSD was taught by a fine young man named Aaron. I sat with his class at the pool, which gave me a chance to learn what and how he was being taught. Picked up a couple of good nuggets for equipment set up by observing. Beyond that, I was delighted by how connected Aaron's approach was with 4 very different DSD students. He also handled a couple of 'Karen' type exchanges very gracefully - not letting any of that get in the way of his work with the students or their fun.

The 2 tank dives were at Horseshoe and North / North, a good choice for mix of snorkelers / DSD / divers on the boat.

Ballet Dave, the dive master, had his schtick down tight and funny, and Cap'n G. had us in good hands.

Since that was our only dive on the Pennekamp Reef this trip, we're all very happy we could be together, and my son could have his first scuba experience on such a great day, with such a good instructor as Aaron.

I had the good fortune to meet the owner a couple of days later when we went in to stamp our logs, and offered thanks for running a good tight business and ship. This business has several young people that I see as most worthy of investing in. We'll be back - hoping to hear from the nice young woman at the front desk when the house DVD is back in stock.

With the DSD complete, my son really wants to get his cert now, so we'll probably make is happen on our next trip. Hoping he can do that with Aaron at Amoray.

1  Thank bryanjbo

Thank you so much for your review and we look forward to your return visit! -Shelly