15 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.com$592
Travelocity$592
Priceline$879
Hotels.com$592
Orbitz.com$592
Tripadvisor$592
2,650 results
All reviews gus' grille key west pool bar dive shop bay view wrap around balcony bedroom suite corner room water sports beach area pool side great pool small beach plenty of chairs water view scuba diving fire pit
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 January 2019

We stayed here for five days beginning on January 1, when everything in the Keys is sold out and incredibly expensive. The hotel didn't seem to be worth what we were paying, but on the other hand, I guess newer and fancier places cost even more -- a lot more. All in all, I would go back.
Most of the common areas are attractive and pretty nice (heated pool with fountains, hot tub, sandy beach facing the bay, tiki hut to rent wave runners etc.) The "gym" is incredibly tiny, and the gym a/c was set to about 90 at 10pm (and staff told us that they couldn't change that). The restaurant had good but expensive (even by Keys standards) food. We didn't have any trouble parking, even though the property was full.
The rooms seemed to need renovation pretty badly. We had two 2Q rooms with balconies. We saw a few rooms without balconies from outside, and they seemed incredibly tiny and grim. Our rooms were spacious enough, but the tile work in the bathroom and the finishes in general were very worn. There were no luggage racks or tables large enough (aside from the bureau, which was covered by a big tv) to hold suitcases (we used the ironing board). The large, low rattan chairs in the hotel rooms lacked cushions. The carpet was such a dark color that you couldn't tell if it was clean or dry. The mini-fridge turned everything we put into it into solid ice. The rooms were very dark, even when they had working light bulbs (but one room consistently had a bulb out). As others have noted, the beds were eccentrically tall. My mattress sagged a bit, and I propped it up in the middle with a pillow I'd brought from home.
Housekeeping was pretty random. The rooms supposedly came with with free water bottles, but these were never replaced. There were K-cup coffee makers, but the ratio of caffeine to decaf packs seemed pretty random (and downright tragic at times). Housekeeping did not ever empty and replace the plastic bags in the ice buckets. At one point I left some wet swimsuits on the bathroom towel rack, and housekeeping moved them to back of the toilet (one item thrown on top of the other) to place new towels on that rack (instead of the shelf above the toilet). Our water glasses were not replaced consistently. I understand that a lot of people who worked in the hospitality industry left the Keys after the hurricane last year. The housekeeping people we saw seemed friendly and nice, but they just didn't do a very thorough job.
The location, however, made up for the flaws in the rooms. We did have a great time over all.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank funfunfun4us
MelissaK3086, Manager at Reefhouse Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2019

Good Morning,

Thank you so much for your detailed review. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to advise us of both the good and bad of your stay. I am sorry the service, and cleanliness was below par during your stay. We will be reviewing your comments with the appropriate managers and staff on property to ensure items mentioned are corrected going further.

Reviewed 19 January 2019 via mobile

My husband I stayed at the Key Largo Marriott for 3 nights. I can’t say enough wonderful things about it. It was clean, beautiful, and all of the staff without exception were friendly and accommodating, especially Violet, the amazing concierge.

This hotel complex has everything you need, from a large beautiful pool to amazing ocean/bay views, as well as great restaurants with live music.

We will return!

1  Thank robind859

Good morning,
Thank you so much for the comments you provided regarding your recent stay here at the Key Largo Marriott. We are pleased to hear you and your family enjoyed your time here with us. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the Keys

Reviewed 16 January 2019 via mobile

We took the eco boat tour from Key Largo tours at Marriot resort. Captain Boyd was wonderful- very knowledgeable and charismatic. He spent a lot of time and made sure we saw some manatees. We would highly recommend this ride.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Shannon B, General Manager at Reefhouse Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2019

Thank you for your review. We are very pleased you enjoyed your tour. We hope to have you return again soon.

Reviewed 30 December 2018 via mobile

We stayed for one night on 15 December - virtually deserted (a plus for us but we gather it is packed over the holidays) We were upgraded to a room with two queen beds and a balcony overlooking the pool. Pool lovely and warm, beach pristine, great pool bar with good service, fabulous sunset from the pier. We enjoyed it although decor is dated - it’s an older property.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Shannon B, General Manager at Reefhouse Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2018

Thank you for sharing your review of the Key Largo Bay Marriott Beach Resort. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay and appreciate the feedback.

Reviewed 28 December 2018 via mobile

If the service at this hotel was at least simply acceptable this hotel would get 3 stars but when your front desk staff are obnoxious and unhelpful any hotel has an uphill battle.

Ask to see your room before they finalize your check in. As a Marriott Gold Member, we get complimentary upgrades, and so the Receptionist said we had two options... when she asked for a description of the two rooms, the answers were woefully unhelpful (standard stuff like number and size of beds, number of bathrooms, square footage, etc.). So my wife asked if we could see the rooms to decide. The answer was no! Sorry the rooms are being cleaned you cannot visit them.

Apparently a manager over heard this and then said we could visit them both. Thankfully he did... the room that they were trying to push us into was a 1 bedroom suite. ROOM 200. As soon as I walked in there was a pungent smell.... the manager said it was cleaners used by the staff, but it was clearly not. More of heavy industrial chemical smell or a sitting water issue. I was in the room for a minute and had to leave—-it was giving me a headache.

Thankfully, I was able to compare rooms before checking in.

Bottom line, we overpaid for this hotel. Never again. I’m cutting my stay in Key Largo short because of my experience at this hotel. Save yourself the trouble.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank NYReviewer99999
Shannon B, General Manager at Reefhouse Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2018

Thank you for your review. I am very sorry your encounter with the front desk was not what it should have been. We will certainly use your comments to continue to train our team and improve our overall service.