3 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.com$245
Hotels.com$215
travelup.com$241
Travelocity$215
Traveluro$228
Lol.travel$275
1,942 results
All reviews african queen pool area hot tub poolside room marina view room glass bottom boat breakfast buffet first floor convenient location mini fridge rainbow reef dive boat stayed here for one night live music nice pool tiki hut rita
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 April 2022 via mobile

Booked a room yesterday- when I arrived last night I was told they were sold out. I showed them my confirmation and was basically told too bad, system will let you book but there aren’t actually any rooms. No suggestion of anywhere else to go, and unwilling to print anything to confirm I wasn’t going to be charged for room (I have an email with a total, but nothing to show I won’t be charged). Totally inhospitable and unsympathetic. I tried to contact corporate and was told it would take 5 days for a response.

Room tip: Book elsewhere
Date of stay: April 2022
2  Thank Y33RZsarahs
Rick M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Key Largo, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2022

Dear Y33RZsarahs,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. Please accept my sincerest apology for the frustration and inconveniences you experienced. We understand this isn't the type of service encounter you envisioned and I will help make it right for you. I invite you to reach out me directly so I can assist you. Thank you for letting us know about the challenges you experienced. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed 14 April 2022

My family and I stayed here two years ago and everything was fine, but it has gone downhill since then. I’m talking WAY downhill. My husband travels frequently for work so he accumulates IHG points and he had to use 110,000 points for us to stay here for 2 nights, which is a lot. Like you’d think it would be the Ritz-Carlton type nice. For reference, we’ve stayed in places where he’s only had to use half that amount of points and they’re in pristine condition with updated rooms, free breakfast, and accommodating staff. Well, not this nightmare motel. The only thing it has going for it is the pool, but you’d be better off buying a kiddie pool and hooking up a sprinkler in your backyard instead of dealing with this place.

Where to begin? Let’s see, we get there about an hour after the stated check-in time and the front desk staff tells us that we will have to wait another 45 minutes for our room to be ready and they don’t offer us anything in return…like “hey, enjoy some free drinks on us” or “feel free to use the pool.” No, just wait in your car and burn overpriced gas. Who knows what we were even waiting for them to do with the room because it was in an acceptable condition once we arrived. First off, only one lightbulb was working. That I could deal with if maybe the refrigerator worked! It didn’t feel all that cool but we put all of our drinks in there, only to have them melting all over the place. And you can tell they knew about the problem, because there was some disgusting sticky substance that melted all over the place under the refrigerator, which they didn’t even bother to clean. I mean, replacing the refrigerator seems like the logical option here, but leaving guests in 90 degree temperatures with no refrigerator is apparently the standard at the Holiday Inn of Key Largo.

Then the toilet clogs and we asked for a plunger since apparently six other people ahead of us had clogged toilets too, and there was not one extra plunger on the entire property. Give me a break! So my husband had to go and buy one at Walgreens. I actually manage to get in touch with the manager and his solution? A free breakfast that they did not even honor the next morning because the same “manager” who promised it was nowhere to be found. Absolutely unacceptable customer service! You are paying for a nice area, not a nice hotel. Save yourself the aggravation and stay anywhere but here. I’ve included pictures of the nasty disgusting refrigerator and accompanying area.

Date of stay: April 2022
2  Thank Dmcalister813
Rick M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Key Largo, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2022

Dear Dmcalister813,
Thank you for taking the time to post your experience. Yesterday after departure, I had the opportunity to speak with your husband regarding your experience and areas for us to improve. Please accept my apologies for the later check-in, toilet issues and refrigerator not working properly in your room. While these are not typical, we certainly could have handled them better to ensure your satisfaction. I will share your experience with our team so we can improve going forward. I am sorry that we let you down. We know there are many options for lodging in Key Largo and we truly hope that you will give us another opportunity to earn your trust on a future visit.

Reviewed 12 April 2022 via mobile

This is an older hotel and it would be perfect if it was updated. We checked in on March 27th fairly late. Finding the room was somewhat confusing because the hotel is a big square with a courtyard in the center. You access your room from the outside. One thing I did not like, the sink and mirror is not in the bathroom. I am an early riser and my wife is not, so I had to shave with my cellphone light instead of the overhead light. The bed was comfortable and the room was cleaned. We ate breakfast the two mornings that we were there and it was great. The African Queen is docked next to the hotel so I would go down and check it out while my wife slept. They have a beautiful courtyard that you can enjoy. Leaving the hotel can be bad because traffic is horrible.

Date of stay: March 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank stevekimberlym
Reviewed 31 March 2022

Check in went well. The rooms are accessible via the outside, the only indoor area is the front desk and the small restaurant/bar. Rooms are very small but since I was solo it was OK. TV didn’t have much but I didn’t spend much time in the room other than late night and early morning. Shower and internet were a bit weak.

There are two pools, one of a salt water variety and the other fresh. Both are outdoor, which is common in Florida. You need a card to get pool towels, apparently too many people steal them otherwise. I have never seen that in a hotel. Other areas around the grounds show this is an older property in need of a renovation.

I was lucky to stay both nights with overlapping anniversary nights. The normal costs and point amounts are very high, clearly because you are staying in the Keys. If you take out the location, it’s not worth the price.

Date of stay: October 2021
1  Thank Keith B
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Key Largo, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2022

Hi Keith B,

Thank you for taking the time to express your concern about your stay with us.

We take great pride in providing a positive lodging experience. I am sorry you did not enjoy your encounter with us. We want you to have a relaxing time while away from home. Trust that I have shared your feedback with the managerial team as a tool for inspection and enhancement.

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn hotel brand as your travel partner, We hope to turn your experience into a more positive one should you consider returning to us.

Warm regards,

Zel N.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 27 March 2022

My daughters and I stayed at this hotel for one night because we couldn’t get into our condo early. This hotel is nothing like the pictures depict. It’s old, outdated and dirty. I actually had to ask the front desk to send someone in to clean my bathroom as the tub and shower was dirty. They did come down and clean but for $437 a nite I should not have to ask. Pool is fine and pool area was decent. This hotel needs a complete refresh and update. Won’t stay here again.

Date of stay: March 2022
2  Thank swimmama2013
Rick M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Key Largo, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2022

Dear swimmama2013,
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share your experience. Please accept my sincere apology that we did not exceed your expectations. We understand the importance of cleanliness and I am sorry to hear that we let you down. Please know that I will share your experience with our housekeeping team so that we better prepare. We appreciate your feedback and hope you will consider staying with us again knowing this was an exception.