“Trip down the Keys, one night at the Holiday Inn”

Holiday Inn Key Largo
Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in Key Largo
Reviewed 25 June 2012

This is my third time staying here. I was very pleased with the two rooms we had reserved. Both rooms were clean, comfortable, and the air conditioning worked well for our June 18th visit. The pools were clean and inviting with lots of available lounges. The bartender at the Tiki bar took care of us and made excellent cocktails. I would recommend a stay. A good value for the money and location.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank AmazingTravels
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 17 June 2012

I stayed here for two nights in April while it was raining pretty hard. The entrance was packed (cause it was raining), so I ended up parking right outside the entrance and had to waddle in the ankle deep pool that wasn't draining down the gutter. By the time I made it inside, I was drenched and cold. I was waiting behind some people for a while (they were unsatisfied about something) and was addressed by someone else behind the counter in a not-so-hospitapal way. When I replied with the same demeanor, she lightened up a little and started joking about why I was having a bad day. It lightened the mood, but my initial impression was that it wasn't very good customer service. Anyway, I ended up staying in a pool view room. The room had two beds and was pretty spacious. Facilities in the room looked a tad outdated and bland. I'm pretty sure some type of winged-bug flew on my shoulder at night and woke me up, but I never found out what it was. This place wasn't too bad, but I most likely won't be coming back to this place if I am in the area. Much too pricey for what it was worth.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank GoooBruins
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Key Largo, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2012

Dear GoooBruins,

Thank you for your feedback. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. I'm sorry you received unacceptable service from our staff. I will follow up with the front office to ensure that similar incidents won't happen again. While we understand that your stay was less than satisfactory, we thank you for sharing your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. I hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 16 June 2012

close to the excursion, make sure the room is on the water side or you will be facing the parking lot while sitting on balcony. Close to a beach, hotel has small pool not sure about food did not eat there with lots of resturants to chose from, spent few days there before traveling down to key west
rooms are okay but must have balcony, clean and everything works.

Room Tip: Rooms facing water/channel nice view
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 June 2012 via mobile

Stayed in key largo for 3 days and this was by far the worse. Tiny, tiny rooms, dated, un friendly staff, no continental breakfast. Location sub par. Highest per night out of 3 nights ranked incorrectly. Pool was small but nice.

• Stayed: June 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Key Largo, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2012

Dear crcwd,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving a review. I am deeply sorry you found our hotel less than satisfactory. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas, We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Katie J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 14 June 2012

My 16 year-old son and I spent one night at the Holiday Inn Key Largo in late March on our way to Key West . We had a flight that arrived in Fort Lauderdale in late afternoon and we wanted to take our time driving the Overseas Highway , so a night in Homestead or Key Largo was in order for us. The Holiday Inn Key Largo was the choice for us.

The hotel is located along US1, but is not on the ocean. It was easy to find on the Oceanside (East) of the road. Travelling South we needed to go beyond the hotel and turn back to access the hotel. There is a supermarket (Publix I believe) about a mile north of the hotel in a shopping center that is not visible from US1.

We stayed here on points in lieu of paying over $200 for the room. I am not sure that I would stay again if I needed to pay full price for the room. There was nothing about our stay that would cause me not to come back here again. But there was also nothing about out stay that would make me say I HAD to stay here again.

The hotel is mainly a 1960’s style Holiday Inn set-up, similar to what I have seen elsewhere in Florida . It is an L shaped, two level set-up with exterior entrances and no elevator. A restaurant, lobby and meeting rooms are in a separate building in the front. The hotel also has a two story building with enclosed hallways in the back corner of the lot – this clearly appears to be of much more recent construction.

This hotel is all about the swimming pools – they are worthy of the $200 plus per night room price. Two very nice, well maintained pools, one with a relaxing waterfall. Pool-side bar, plenty of chairs and plenty of tables. We had a very enjoyable time hanging out by the pools the night we arrived, checking our e-mail on the hotel wi-fi, chatting about our drive the next day and just relaxing and looking at the stars above. In fact, I fell asleep in the deck chair it was so peaceful and relaxing.

The rooms were standard and somewhat dated. The bed and pillows were comfortable, the air conditioning unit was loud, but kept the room cold. The unit provided some white noise that was good for sleeping.

The bathroom met the needs. High shower head, good water pressure and plenty of hot water. Electrical outlets in the room for charging our electronics were in short supply. Only two outlets did not have something plugged in. We had to pull the plug on a few lights to allow us to have enough outlets.

While the pools are well maintained, I cannot say that for the other common areas. The stairs appeared to have not been painted for several years.

We did not eat at the hotel. We had dinner at Sharkey’s Pub a few blocks behind the hotel. Breakfast the next morning was a few bagels from the Dunkin Donuts in the gas station adjacent to the hotel.

This hotel served the purpose for us and the price was in line with other highly rated accommodations in the area.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family