29 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
$402
Tripadvisor$402
FindHotel$402
Curio$452
1,051 results
All reviews hammock beach family pool coconut beach adult pool sunset toast foam party scavenger hunt diamond members paddle boards junior suite kids activities water sports fishing rods main restaurant beautiful property s mores ping pong
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 May 2022 via mobile

Recently stayed at Baker’s Cay for a wedding. The resort is very comfortable and offers a number of amenities that are included with the resort fees. The hotel staff is very attentive and helpful. This is a great place to stay to enjoy some relaxing days in Key Largo.

Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
General Manager, General Manager at Baker's Cay Resort Key Largo, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2022

We're so delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and wish the newly married couple all our Keys love for years to come! We hope to welcome you back again for sunsets and love!

Reviewed 12 May 2022

My wife and I spent a week in the keys for a belated honeymoon and the last 4 nights were at Baker's Cay. It was truly an amazing spot, something for everyone.

Check in: and room We arrived on Easter just after 4pm, so it was a little busy at the front desk, but did not have to wait long at all. Staff was friendly and attentive. We had booked the King Ocean Front room in in Coconut wing (room 442). Rom was spacious and had a great view of coconut beach, Dry Rocks, and the pier. It was the perfect room to sit and enjoy our champagne on the first night as we watched the most amazing sunset. The walls are a little thin, so you can hear your neighbors but it really did not bother us at all. The room did have a tree in front of it, so it did give you some privacy from the guests at the beach.

Food: TOSTADA!!!!! If you go to breakfast at Calusa you have to get this. We ate there for breakfast each morning and this was by far the best breakfast we had all week. It was a giant portion, and very filling. We also at there for dinner the first night. I highly suggest trying to book around sunset and sitting outside. Also, what is great is if you are dining for sunset at either Calusa or Dry Rocks Baker's Cay provides complimentary champagne. Staff was once again friendly and always willing to provide suggestions if we were between one or two items. Speaking of Dry Rocks, the bartenders were very knowledgeable in regards to knowing about the different tequilas.

Beaches, Pool: Depending if you are looking for activities or a more quiet location there is a spot for you. Coconut Beach is family friendly, where you can lay on rafts, take out kayaks or go snorkeling. The bar tenders at the tiki bar were great and poured a good drink. If you are looking for a little more quiet time and still want to be in the ocean, then hammock beach is for you. This is where I loved to spend my time. I would pull my chair into the ocean while I read my book, and it was overly quiet as you were nestled between mangroves and was never crowded. The highlight of the week was seeing a manatee swimming by us while we just standing in the shallow water. The pool was quiet, seemed like most folks spent the morning at the pool and then made their way to the beach. There were two pool and you would never know that there was a family pool right behind the waterfall from the adult pool.

We were supposed to go out on the tiki hut for a sunset cruise, but due to winds they needed to cancel. I believe it only holds 6-8 people and has drinks available to purchase and you can bring your own food onboard too. Next time

We are already talking about coming back - hopefully sometime this year. It may be our new go to for a short get away.

Date of stay: April 2022
1  Thank Mmarcf44
General Manager, General Manager at Baker's Cay Resort Key Largo, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2022

Reading your review truly made our day! We're thrilled that you chose Baker’s Cay to host your belated honeymoon and it's wonderful to hear we were able to deliver such a memorable experience! It's great to know you appreciated the great location and views from your room and that you were able to enjoy all the amenities available to our guests. We're grateful for your kind words and advice for future visitors, and we very much look forward to your return!

Reviewed 11 May 2022

After a lot of planning me and my
mom decided to choose this hotel and I have to say that it was an excellent choice. With a clean and Island inspired design the hotel it is located right off the Overseas Highway in a quiet garden with a private beach (which is hard to find in the Keys). The personnel it is truly amazing and always with a smile. I would like to give a special thanks to the Front Desk Team and especially to Stephanie that was extremely helpful with my pre-arrival request that we had and for the wonderful interest as we arrived so that me and my mom would have a great time. Thank you!!!

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank P4748FGstephang
General Manager, General Manager at Baker's Cay Resort Key Largo, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2022

Dear Stephan,
We are absolutely thrilled to read your thoughts on our very unique piece of the Florida Keys here at Baker's Cay! Thank you! And it is especially great to know that you were so well taken care of by Stephanie and our team. We will be sure to share this with them and want you to know how much they truly appreciate it. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your kind words, and we hope to welcome you and your mom back soon!

Reviewed 9 May 2022 via mobile

Check your bill! The front desk tried to charge us resort fees ($40/day) we had paid in advance, and for a $130 breakfast that wasn’t ours.
Property is nice, beach area was very crowded Mother’s Day weekend, but still relaxing.
Food good in all restaurants, but service can be very slow, depending on your server and which bartender is working.

Room tip: Mother’s Day weekend was very crowded, with lots of dogs, if you are not amenable to dogs.
Trip type: Travelled with friends
General Manager, General Manager at Baker's Cay Resort Key Largo, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2022

Thank you so much for your review and for choosing us during Mother's Day Weekend! We hope that we were able to get this billing issue resolved swiftly for you and certainly apologize for this oversight. Our team does their best to focus on all accuracy in billing, but we do make mistakes that we do our best to resolve immediately. Our apologies for any undue frustration! Nevertheless, we love to see that you enjoyed our delicious dining options and beaches and were able to relax. We do hope we can welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 4 May 2022

We had heard some great reviews about this place and were so excited to try it out. But what a disappointment. We had stayed here when it was a Hilton with regular prices and now where they charge $1000 a night expected some changes. But not really. This place lives off of their location. The value for your money is just not there.
1. Hotel rooms are very basic, I had much better rooms at a Hampton Inn. There is no decent decoration, we had a picture with fishing hooks. Instead of storage like most hotels, they give you a table for the TV, which takes out all the storage drawers in normal hotels. We were a family of 4 in the room for almost a week, we had to store our stuff on the tables, in the suitcases and the tiny 3 drawer storage inside the closet. Not enough hangers for storage either.
2. Shower stopped working on the second day, at least the engineer immediately knew which part broke and replaced it, reoccurring problem?
3. The location is beautiful, right on the beach, hammock beach is very peaceful (although only one hammock). The problem is that when it’s busy, you will have a hard time getting a beach chair, people placed towels on the chairs early in the morning in order to get one later on. For the price you would think a place that calls itself luxury resort they would be able to afford more beach chairs.
4. It was nice to have an adult pool, but the water was crazy cold, not sure why, but it was too uncomfortable to swim even though the ocean was fine. For a place that calls itself luxury, you should also offer an adult hot tub, when 6 kids around 5 years old invaded the hot tub with their pool noodles, hitting each other, we had to leave.
5. Bartender during some of the days we were there was clearly very unhappy at being there. Grumpy and the drinks were just not good. He seemed overworked, so might be more of a staffing issue.
6. Now to the main staffing issue we had. The front desk is a mess. They all need to be retrained in order to know how to do their job. I checked in on the Hilton app on our way down, but we arrived way before check in, so I figured I’d try to see if we could check in early. I never expect an early check in, but sometimes had luck getting a room early, so I thought it was worth a try. The lady at the check in asked for my ID and “supposedly” checked us in and the hotel would send a text (she confirmed my cell number) when the room was ready. We had reservations at a nearby restaurant for lunch and left for our reservation. By the way Hotel Playa Largo had way more amenities for kids and the same great location, so for a cheaper room rate this might be a better option. So we came back to Baker’s Cay and explored the resort, spending some time at hammock beach with no cell signal. So after we waited several hours and it was close to the check in time, we figured we had just missed a text. When we got to the front desk, another front desk agent looked at our reservation and told us we were not checked in and we would have never gotten a text because neither the app check in nor the previous lady checking us in had actually done so? Not sure if she was just wrong or the first person had invalidated our app check in. The front desk agent was actually kind of making fun of the fact that the check in wasn’t done right, all the while the agent who had supposedly checked us in was standing right next to her and overheard the conversation. She never apologized or clarified what happened. Well, this was only the start of our front desk fiasco. Next day afternoon my kids wanted to grab something from the room and the keys had stopped working. Waiting in a barely moving front desk line, shivering because I was wet from having been at the beach, I was finally informed that they had messed up the combining of separate reservations I had made and that’s why the keys were not working. I had contacted the hotel in advance and the Assistant Front Office Manager assured me that they had combined the reservations and everything was all set. After this was obviously not done right, I contacted the front desk to make sure this wouldn’t happen again and was assured by s, that another front desk agent that they had ensured the keys were made for the entire stay and this would not happen again. Well, again they either didn’t even check or have no idea how to do their job, because the next day, the keys stopped working AGAIN. This time I was not going to waste time standing in line at the front desk and contacted the desk on the app to send up new keys, which they did. I again tried to get them to fix this issue. But again the next day the keys stopped working. This time we had to waste an hour waiting for an engineer to check the lock because “it couldn’t possibly be the front desk fault”. Well, there was nothing wrong with the lock and we wasted an hour of our vacation. It just really made this stay so uncomfortable because you never knew if you would be able to access your room or not, definitely not what I expected from a place that calls itself luxury.
7. As a Diamon member we were supposedly upgraded to a king size room with a sofa bed. Well, Hilton should be ashamed to call this sofa bed a bed. It was the worst sofa bed any of us have ever slept in. If you moved a muscle you would wake up the whole room because it was so creaky, but the worst was the springs. They were just digging into your back, leaving you in pain and making it impossible to sleep. We had to rotate who slept on the sofa bed, because even our kids couldn’t handle sleeping there. My daughter was in tears about having to sleep on it the second day. This should not be offered as a sleeping option, especially in a place that charges $1000 a night and calls itself luxury. Their rooms are worse than the Fairfield Inn we stayed at on our way to Key Largo. Every Hampton Inn we have been at had better sofa beds.
8. If you want to spend an insane amount for the location, go ahead, if you want luxury, I would recommend looking elsewhere.

Room tip: Sofa beds are terrible
Date of stay: April 2022
1  Thank patricia3099
General Manager, General Manager at Baker's Cay Resort Key Largo, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2022

Dear Patricia,
All constructive feedback is welcome, and we value your thorough input. We strive to provide our guests with comfortable accommodations, friendly and responsive service, and a seamless experience, and we are very sorry to hear that you felt otherwise. We apologize for the issues with the keys, and we can understand your frustration about this matter. Our team will review this so that it does not happen again. In addition, we will also take your concern regarding the sofa bed into consideration. Thank you, and we wish you and your family happier travels ahead.