Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews tiki hut water toys other guests laid back sunset sail paddle boards the main house owner paul sailing school snorkel gear john pennekamp catalina sailboat captain boats asa dock
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 August 2021

We stayed here with our four adult children in August. We stayed in the main house, which was plenty big for all of us. I'm not quite sure how to describe the decor, but it was a fascinating combination of nautical, Chinese and Egyptian. The kitchen was well-equipped. The A/C was sufficient. The beds were comfy. And everything was clean and tidy when we got there.
The staff was great. We got to know several of them over the week, and have nothing but nice things to say. At one point, the microwave malfunctioned, and the staff had a new microwave installed within hours.
The private beach was small, but adequate for our needs, which essentially boils down to providing access to the water. We spent every night on the beach and at the tiki hut for the amazing sunsets and to socialize with our neighbors. We met some great people.
We were impressed with the large amount of water toys that were available for us to use. Plenty of paddle boards, kayaks, snorkel sets. We never once had a problem getting the item we were after.
The snorkeling around the docks was great. Plenty of sea life to investigate. It kept us busy all week.
The only downsides that we can think of are that there were no fans available in the main house. (It's always nice to sleep with a fan.) And that there were no laundry facilities on the premises. But these are minor quibbles, compared to all the great positives that this place has to offer.

Date of stay: August 2021
Reviewed 1 July 2021

Clean comfortable fantastic location and the staff was friendly and very accommodating! Sailboat use was fantastic and a perfect area to sail. We stayed in the Captains Cottage the views were great, could sleep a lot of people if need be, they thought of everything as far as kitchen, baths, etc... also has inside and private outside shower. Free use of so many fun water toys and bikes. Walking distance to great restaurants, CVS, etc. No need to move the car. Rosie and G were great! We will be back!

Room tip: Great price with a boat included. Captains Cottage was on the beach with great bed and views. 2 bedrooms plus additional futon
Date of stay: June 2021
Reviewed 23 May 2021

My husband and I chose a trip to Key Lime for our 20th wedding anniversary. We wanted to stay in the US, complete our ASA 101, and have a great time. Key Lime and the American Sailing Academy on-site were the perfect combination for us.

I read all the reviews and scoured the guest photos before booking, so we knew what to expect. Key Lime is not a 5-star resort but is a 5-star experience. The only way you wouldn't enjoy yourself here is if you arrived without doing your homework and were expecting something different.

We stayed in the Captain’s Cottage, which had been updated since the photos on the website were taken. The cottage had a great water view and plenty of room to spread out. Yes, you do need to go around the bathtub to get to the kitchen dishes but that is part of the fun. The bed was extremely comfortable. When we go back this will be the cottage we request.

We spent the first 2 days in sailing classes on-site. The sailing instruction we received was more than we could have hoped for and we will recommend Barnard and Captain G's sailing school to anyone.

After passing our ASA class we had 3 days to ourselves to explore on our own with the Catalina 22' we were assigned. Sometimes challenging depending on wind, but always fun. At the end of a long day of sailing, we looked forward to going back to Key Lime to float or kayak then head to the tiki hut, chat with the other guests and watch the amazing sunset.

Key Lime really is a one-of-a-kind place. It is fun, funky and laid back. You won't find anything else like it.

Date of stay: May 2021
Reviewed 10 May 2021

I have just returned home from a week at the KLSC where I completed my ASA 101 and 103 certication classes. I can not thank enough the KLSC staff and more importatnly my instructor Bernard for the knowledge gained, experience and laughs. I highly recommend the KLSC to anyone who has a desire to further enhance their sailing skills and experience!

Date of stay: May 2021
Reviewed 21 December 2020

We will be using Key Lime Sailing Club twice in December. We are staying at a nearby campground for 6 weeks, but booked Key Lime Sailing cottages for the week after Christmas so we could stay with all our kids that week. (We give travel instead of presents to our adult kids- more fun!)

I also took the ASA 101 course with Barnard mid-December and he was AWESOME
I have been on sail boats many, times with friends but never learned to sail myself and wanted to introduce our kids to how much fun it is - but do it safely.

First let me say- I was not a natural.... I struggled with wind direction ... I mean I sucked, I was frustrated and annoyed with myself. But Barnard was patient and kept working with me and then I had a " a-ha" moment and realized I had it all reversed in my head. Then it all clicked and I stopped stressing and just had fun. I originally booked both 101 and 103, but realized I wasn't ready to tackle 103. I was lucky enough to be the only person in the 103 class and Capt G and Barnard were kind enough to adapt and I used that time to just sail and learn the area. I wouldn't have changed a thing. I know I got really lucky that it worked out but just getting to sail for a couple days and enjoy really added to my confidence.

We had a variety of wind speeds to train under during that week from the dreaded 1 knot to 15 - and it was fun to adapt and keep learning.

Barnard was an amazing teacher and super patient with me- but he's also just damn nice and funny.

I contacted Capt G a month or so prior and he was very quick to get back with me and sent me my ASA101 and 103 books right away. All of the staff there are super nice and accommodating.

I look forward to staying next week with the family, taking them out on a sail AND someday coming back and taking the 103 class. I can't imagine taking classes anywhere else now - I would somehow feel unfaithful to KLSC

Having all the kayaks and SUP options is just an added plus for the week.

The boats are in great condition and the property has it's own kind of Keys charm. Once you get past the variety of boats, ambulance and " UFO" at the front of the property you realize just how cool it is. I feel very lucky to get to stay there during this crazy 2020 year and ring in the new year with our kids

Date of stay: December 2020