Lowest prices for your stay
$193
$190
Free cancellation until 04/06/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
Trip.com
$179
Travelocity$190
Hotels.com$190
Priceline$213
All reviews half bath balcony overlooking the canal pool closes boat traffic bedroom area full kitchen first floor large bedroom jet skiing nice kitchen live music watch the boats water view place to stay walking distance would definitely stay here again a great stay
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 September 2021

I absolutely enjoyed my stay…. Very affordable and quiet. I will be back next weekend. And it’s very clean and outstanding customer service. Not to mention the water view from the balcony my favorite.

Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Christena Gilbert, Other at Waterside Suites & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2021

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and with others. We aim to provide the best service and accommodations in the hospitality industry and are pleased we met our goal! We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and thank you for highly recommending our hotel. Thanks again and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 22 September 2021

We came for a honeymoon getaway. Great people, location, clean, and affordable!
Any problems are resolved easily via text. WiFi was down but everything else delivers! Kenny at the front desk is the man.

Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Reviewed 11 August 2021

I was looking for a nice and memorable place to stay with my kids in the Keys. This location looked great, so I booked it about a month in advance. We arrived to find the grounds clean and welcoming. The staff was friendly and helpful. We were hungry from driving all day, and he even suggested a place on the water (Sundowners: DONT GO! Terrible service and experience!) Our room was great, and the kids loved it. One of my favorite activities was sitting on the porch to watch the boats go past.

For travelers, there are a few helpful tips that I can offer.

- I am pursuing my master's degree and had some assignments to complete during the week. Therefore, WIFI access is critical for me. Unfortunately, while this location offers WIFI, it was very weak in our room and non-existent on the second floor. The staff could only advise that it "must be the weather." However, the weather was excellent, and this was nothing more than being too far from the router - Surprising since we were not that far from the office. This caused problems for my assignment submissions. I wish I didn't have to have assignments on vacation, but it was just a fact of life.
- The key cards did not work very well. We had to have them redone before we even got into the room. Staff blamed this on having a magnet near them but happily replaced it. This was the only hotel on our two-week trip that this happened.
- The door was very hard to open. The inside of the door looks as if there has been quite a rumble in the room at some point.
- The pool closes at 8, and we did not get a chance to use it. Staff said it was because of Covid, but I am not sure how it makes a difference one way or the other.
- At 12:30 in the morning, the fire alarm battery upstairs became low enough where it chirped every 40 seconds or so and woke us all up. The alarm was at the top of a vaulted ceiling, so there was no way for me to get to it. I texted the staff, who replied within 5 minutes and had a maintenance person arrive right away. The response to this was impressive.

We would stay here again, but I will have a hot spot next time if I am still in school or have to stay in touch with work. The staff was very responsive to texts and asked how our stay was several times. This was very nice. Thanks so much for everything!

Date of stay: August 2021
Christena Gilbert, Other at Waterside Suites & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2021

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and with others. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and thank you for highly recommending our hotel. Thanks again and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 28 July 2021

The location of the place is good. It is on the waterway to the ocean and close to many restaurants. There are some really good vendors that launch right downstairs from the hotel for jet skiing, diving and snorkeling. We thoroughly enjoyed the activities on the water; however, those vendors were not part of the hotel.

The main problem that we had was that we called 3 days before our reservation to make a change to arrive a day later due to tropical storm Elsa. Despite my phone call to change the reservation, when we arrived we were told that we were a "no-show" to our reservation. The lady at the desk was not responsive at first but later said that it was taken care of. Well, I apparently it wasn't "taken care of" because when we received the credit card statement, the additional night stay was still showing on the bill. We were billed for 3 nights instead of 2. When we called and tried to correct the issue, the staff member that answered said they would not fix it, and the only recourse left would to take it up with the credit card company. I have my phone records showing my phone call to the hotel 3 days prior and showing the duration of the phone call. I didn't appreciate the insinuation that I was lying (so if you do decide to stay there, make sure that you document everything).

This hotel would get a better review but their overall lack of attention earns the 2-star rating as follows:

The hotel suites have been newly decorated and are quite large, not an issue. They have good views of the waterway, and you can sit on the balcony and watch the boats that pass by. The suite was adequately clean, though it has a bit of a musty smell (probably from years of water seeping in). You have a comfortable bed upstairs and 1.5 bathrooms which is convenient for a family.
However, the sofa bed downstairs which we had planned on letting my mom use, was not comfortable at all (the metals holding the mattress were hard), and she ended up not using it open, but sleeping on it as a regular couch. We would've put her upstairs, but she is elderly and the stairs are steep.

Other things showed that the lack of attention to details: The rooms are on a second floor, and while there's a ramp, they do not have carts that the guests can use to bring their stuff upstairs. The doors to their laundry are prominently open most of the time and display the dirty linens, not something guests want to see. The front desk area is clean but not tidy or organized. They would be well served from having a closet to put all their boxes and stuff in, instead of having kinds of stuff in guests' view. The outside area of the hotel does not reflect the renovation of the inside of the suites either. Our issue with the billing could have easily been avoided if their front desk was more organized and they kept better records. The hotel price was adequate, we paid $339 a night which is expensive, but not for the Keys. We just wish we could've gotten more for the money and less hassle with our payments.

Date of stay: July 2021
Christena Gilbert, Other at Waterside Suites & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2021

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and with others. Your comments will be addressed about breakfast in hopes to prevent any future disappointment. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 14 July 2021 via mobile

The place has apparently undergone recent renovations. You can tell what was done. New cabinets. New paint. New bathrooms. Overall appearance is nice. Location on the marina is great. If you look at the pictures on the website, that is what you get. Nothing more. Nothing less.

It’s kind of a hotel. Kind of a condo. Doesn’t really totally fit either. The website says free breakfast buffet but that is false. No breakfast. There is coffee…I think. The coffee pots in the front office didn’t look clean though. Wouldn’t be as big of a deal if a full oven was provided.

The pros:
-Separated bedroom upstairs is great. Bed was comfortable.
-Having a full size fridge, microwave, and two burners is nice. Toaster and coffee maker too (though coffee maker was poor)
-Bathrooms were clean.
-Sundiver is on the property.
-AC on site worked very well and kept the second floor bedroom area nice and cool.
-cleaning and maintenance folks very friendly and willing to help.

The cons that are all easily fixable:
-The entrance door had literal pieces missing from it and no weather stripping or threshold seal….daylight (and bugs) able to get in easy. Adding new weather stripping and a new threshold would fix this.
-Sliding door wouldn’t lock. Can’t fix easy but could at least provide a bar to lock it.
-some reviews mention an automatic dishwasher. We got automatic dish detergent…but there is no dishwasher. So what is this used for?
-Bare minimum supplies. Two kitchen chairs. 3 spoons. Two butter knives. It was strange. No dishwasher and not even a dish drying rack.
-The upstairs bathroom has one of those barn door sliding doors that doesn’t close well and leaves a big gap so it’s not great. Downstairs half bath is huge. Could easily fit a shower in it.
-New paint and bathrooms give the place a very clean look. However there are places where the floor actually seemed to “give” upstairs and the tiling was actually coming loose in the bathroom.
-no fresh towels unless requested. Kind of annoying but not a dealbreaker.
-the coffee maker is tiny and not great…and ours had used grounds in it.

The biggest flaw besides the doors was the WATER PRESSURE. Or the lack of. I asked and was told that this was the entire property and was “just this past week”. The person at the front desk said this was “island pipes” and seemed to blame Key Largo. But either that was untrue or this is a recurring problem because I see water pressure as a common complaint dating back to last year. But the faucets on the sinks were very short and trickled out water. The shower had very very low pressure. I have no idea what the supply is to this location but there is something with just this property as the water pressure at Sharky’s across the way was fine.

One side note. Our room keys were in a Hilton envelope but I don’t see any evidence that this is owned by Hilton. That seemed strange.

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Christena Gilbert, Other at Waterside Suites & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2021

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Your comments have been shared with the team in hopes to prevent any future disappointment. Thanks again and we hope to see you soon.