“Great family fun for reasonable money”

John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park Concession
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I took my 10 year old son and my 2 nieces (9&10) on the snorkel trip. We all had a blast. We were lucky to snorkel on the reef with the Christ statue. We saw a ton of fish and the reef was just beautiful.

All reviews
"boat ride"
in 23 reviews
"great snorkeling"
in 13 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
"hour trip"
in 8 reviews
"marine life"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed 5 April 2018

My best friend and I went on the glass bottom boat to see the coral reefs of Key Largo, I live here and dive - so when she wanted to see the location I love the most I was super happy to discover that Molasses Reef is where they go to! It's about 2 hours on the boat, expect 3 hours to check in and leave the boat.

We stayed on the outside for the ride out, as a Mangrove lover I was a little disappointed that they didn't give the opportunity to give a little bit of discussion as to how the mangroves connect into the eco system of the coral reefs we are going to. But hopefully people who visit and are interested find another tour that makes up for that..

The information that they gave while we were gliding over the reefs and looking through the windows at the bottom of the boat was exceptional! I was really impressed with how many details and how the woman announcing drew the crowd in, they even took the time to ensure that the boat allowed for everyone to see the nurse shark! There were two little boys flying about in awe! It made their trip!

I also want to send a huge thank you to the woman working the snack bar - she provided some mints and peppermint scent to help my girlfriend with her motion sickness. Not everyone would think of that! We thoroughly enjoyed our time. Pennekamp is a must visit for anyone coming to our beautiful keys.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Beautiful park, enjoyable trip to the reef. We took the first tour in the morning on Easter Sunday, so the park was very busy by the time we returned.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

I've snorkeled (and Scuba dived) in Jamaica, Hawaii, and Cuba. So, I have some experience to which I can compare the Pennekamp snorkel trip. The location in the water was fantastic. Sand, grass, and coral made for a great variety of fish. I saw conch, lots of barracuda, smaller colorful variety of fish and a nice variety of coral. My wife and two others on the trip saw a nurse shark, and some others saw stingray. It was worth the price. Even though the water was a bit choppy, the visibility was good and the crew was careful to ensure that everyone had a safe experience. Speaking of the crew, two thumbs up.

See more reviews
Reviewed 4 April 2018

This is a fantastic way to see a beautiful reef! You will not believe the color of the water out here. My kids are afraid of the ocean, so this was the perfect way for them to see everything without having to get in and snorkel. The boat ride is comfortable with plenty of seating inside or out. There is a snack bar that includes gluten free and peanut free foods (yay!). The guide was super knowledgeable about all of the life on the reef. This is our second time doing this tour and it was wonderful.