“A dinner to remember at the Chef's table”

Salt The Grill at The Ritz-Carlton
Reserve with OpenTable
Salt The Grill at The Ritz-Carlton is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 155 Restaurants in Amelia Island
Price range: US$ 31 - US$ 50
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, View, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: Join us for local and regional favorites served with gracious Southern hospitality. Attire is resort casual. Reservations recommended.
Scottsdale, Arizona
“A dinner to remember at the Chef's table”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2012 via mobile

Ate at Salt in the Chef's table with my wife and had a great experience. Service was excellent, food was amazing and it was exciting and entertaining to watch the chefs at work. Furthermore, Chef de Cuisine Rick Laughlin created several amazing dishes for my wife who has some food allergies. I highly recommend the chefs table experience, everyone you meet is highly personable and proud of what they do. I particularly enjoyed my tour of the kitchen while the chefs were at work!! Hope to come back soon

1 Thank BrunotheCat1
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Baltimore, Maryland
“Small Menu But Great Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2012

The menu is not very large, but the food was outstanding, especially the souffles. The server kept bringing little treats from the chef throughout our meal.

Visited August 2012
Atlanta, GA
“Delicious Food...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2012

As guests of the hotel, we decided to give Salt a try. We dined on a Wednesday night with our two year old daughter. We were sat in the "family" section filled mostly with other tables with small children.

We decided to try the chef's tasting menu. The food was excellent over all. The highlight was definitely the veal dish that was presented as our meat course. The asparagus and crab soup was also lovely.

While I wouldn't say the service was bad, I wouldn't say it was great either, especially considering the 5 diamond status of the restaurant. Our experience was similar to that of many of the other reviewers. We had to ask twice for our daughter's drink to be served. We were left sitting a long time with our menus. When the server finally did return, he offered no explanations and simply asked if we had decided on our meals. To his credit, the courses were appropriately paced. He also came through with coffee in to-go cups as it was time for us to move on before our daughter ran out of good behavior. I found the dessert on our chef's adventure to be a bit of a disappointment after seeing the souffles served at adjacent tables. It was a 1.5" square stack of crisp wafer like layers with a raspberry cream in between served with a dollop of vanilla ice cream. Don't get me wrong, it was tasty but not what I expected after seeing the rest of the dessert options walk by!

The extreme low point though, was my daughter's dinner. We ordered her the "pasta of the day" dish with chicken. We requested a cheese sauce. She was served a plain dish of macaroni and cheese with the blandest looking chicken breast ever. It was not a baked mac and cheese with the chicken incorporated or even a chicken alfredo. It was like and entire box of white cheddar kraft with a whole grilled chicken breast plopped on top. To be fair, she seemed to like it but for $18, I was appalled. (We paid $4 for the same mac and cheese with out chicken the previous night in the hotel's other restaurant.) If she were more of a meat eater, perhaps I would have been more pleased with the children's filet? I didn't expect a cheap children's meal, I just expected high quality for that price.

Over all, we had a lovely dinner but I've certainly had better dining experiences.

• Visited August 2012
Palm Bay, Florida
“Very bad”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2012

We would never recommend this place for food. We spent our 10 year anniversary at the Ritz and were told that the resteraunt was 5 star. The food was less than average. The service was forgetful at best. We had to ask twice for silver ware and they brought fresh bread to everyone except us. They brought us a birthday cake when it was our anniversary. Never will recommend this place.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Laurie C
Cologne, Germany
“Excellent dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2012

Salt has regained the AAA 5 Diamond Award which is proof for the high ambitions of Chef du Cuisine Rick Laughlin and his team. Joining the “Chef’s Table” dining experience you easily get an idea that there is a very good atmosphere in this team. I also honor Chef Rick Laughlin for his generous attitude to mention his Sous Chef Niko Anagnostou on the menu. Beside the classics you don’t want to miss the actual menu offered White Asparagus Soup and Atlantic Halibut ( very delicious! ). After maitre d’ Isabelle Chety has left, the new restaurant manager is happy to work with such a well-trained and warmhearted service team.

Visited July 2012