Lowest prices for your stay
Aloft.com
$124
$124
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
FindHotel
$101
Free cancellation until 13/10/22
Expedia.com$124
Hotels.com$124
ZenHotels.com$134
All reviews front desk baptist hospital across the street an upgrade would stay here again bernie miami convenience keys
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 January 2022

The room overall was fine for the price. However, the air conditioning didn't work correctly our entire stay (4 nights). I mentioned the AC issue to the front desk the first day and maintenance just turned the thermostat down to 61 degrees. This doesn't fix the issue. The issue was that the AC did not hold the set temperature. I would wake up hot and sweating sometimes. Then with it set a 61 degrees it was okay, but my girlfriend was freezing. It definitely wasn't 61 degrees in the room, but probably more like 68 or 69. And we didn't get any replacement towels our entire stay and the trash wasn't emptied either. Just overall poor service.

Date of stay: December 2021
Property Owner, Owner at Aloft Miami Dadeland, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2022

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We apologize for the issue you experienced with the AC in your guestroom. We will review your feedback with our team to ensure this problem is fixed going forward. We hope to welcome you back for a more positive experience.

Reviewed 31 December 2021 via mobile

The bed was so uncomfortable! It was a very soft pillow top mattress that offered no back support. I woke up with my back killing me and could barely get out of the bed. I do have a bad back, but my husband agreed that the bed was horrible. The pillows were so soft that they completely flattened out. They provided no support whatsoever. The shower had zero water pressure and was very hot. My shower took so long to take because of the lack of water pressure. The tiled shower floor was very pretty but very slippery. They need to put down some anti-slip mats before there is an accident. The door to the shower opens the wrong way, so you have to get into the shower & get wet to turn it on, unless you aim the shower head toward the wall. Regardless, it was poor design. The room did not have enough power or USB plugs. The room did not have a microwave, which I am sure was in the hotel details, but just wanted to point it out. There was however a microwave in the lobby. The hotel seems as though it was an old motel that someone painted & added contemporary IKEA furniture to make it look nice in the pictures. I almost fell over backwards in the office chair. The walls were very thin. Thankfully, we weren’t on the freeway side. We could hear a baby crying next door..etc. The air conditioning unit was very loud. The customer service at the front desk was really good, but not good enough to make up for the horrible hotel room. The price was right, but I would rather have paid more for a better hotel room. I can’t believe that a hotel of this caliber is a Marriott hotel. It does not live up to their branding. There was a little store downstairs with some breakfast items for sale. Ice stations were located on floors 2 & 5. The cocktail bar was closed because of Covid. There was trash sitting out in the hallways, so I’m guessing there was no maid service due to Covid. We personally never want to be disturbed, so we always have up our do not disturb sign up, so I can’t confirm this hunch with a 100% certainty. We ended up checking out early & going to another hotel. The front desk was really great about letting us leave early. Thankfully, we booked a refundable room. The other hotel room that we went, Best Western Plus in Kendall, was almost just as bad from a bed perspective and cost us $70 more a night and was non-refundable. We heard rumors that the Dadeland Hilton hotel by Baptist Hospital has firm beds. Wish we would have stayed there.

Date of stay: December 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Property Owner, Owner at Aloft Miami Dadeland, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2022

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay. It is never our intention to disappoint a guest. We will review your feedback with our team. We hope to welcome you back for a more positive experience.

Reviewed 8 October 2021 via mobile

Avoid if possible…..the pics look awesome online but let me be frank…. It’s run down. The smell reminds you of the 80’s carpet sprinkle. They allow animals and there are no pet free rooms. When I checked in the staff was amazing and courteous. The room however was gross. Looking into the bathroom the first thing I noticed was the grout looked stained brown……the floor stuck to my shoes. After closer inspection the entire bathroom floor was all black colored dog hair….that was room 500. It was everywhere! My sinuses start telling the story. I went downstairs and requested a different room. They were embarrassed but very very nice. I checked in around midnight because I’m a nurse. Next room….The a/c unit was very loud. And the air was dusty smelling. Carpet had to be minimally 10-15 years old, furniture is outdated. Rooms are very dark. Lighting is bad too. The interior shower tile was sprayed with some sort of bleaching liquid and you could see the drip down that cut through the filth and had obviously not been truly cleaned properly for quite some time. The whole experience was aggravating. It’s also supposed to be a no contact electronic checkin with keyless entry…..again the staff didn’t assign the room so that feature did not work….I declined the second night I booked and went for the Hilton instead. If you are a business traveler or actually care about cleanliness or if you have any sort of allergy issues do not stay at this hotel. It is days inn level. Staff is very very nice but that’s it!!!!! Marriott definitely needs to rethink their name on this hotel….horrible….would rate maybe 2/10

Date of stay: October 2021
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank girl_fish1
Property Owner, Owner at Aloft Miami Dadeland, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2021

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Cleanliness at our hotel is a top priority, and we apologize that your guest room fell short of your expectations. Rest assured that your comments have been discussed with the housekeeping team to improve our future performance. We hope you choose to stay with us whenever your travels bring you back to Miami.

Reviewed 30 September 2021

We stayed here in July, for a 4 night stay. We travel to Miami a lot so we have seen a thing or two, but this beats it all till now.
The front of the hotel was damaged (like a truck smashed into it). We had a long drive coming from Orlando and wanted to check in quickly, front desk was nice and helped us well. We got our keys and went to our room.
The room was plain dirty, bed was not made, bathroom was dirty, hair everywhere etc. we complained and got another room, same thing ... dirty desk was dirty bathroom ws not clean and this bed had a hole in it. But we had somewhere to be so we had to go manager would contact us. He did not, but the front desk called to say he left for the day and would contact us in the morning.
So we had no choice then to sleep in the dirty room. the next morning I went to find the manager myself and explained that this is not acceptable, he said acknowledged the facts and said they are low on cleaners, all rooms are in the same condition and finally he said the hotel is not his so he cant do anything about it. He would give me reward points for the inconvenience (I never received them) and if a better room came available he would let me know. I never saw or heart from the man during our stay.
I was very disappointed as Aloft on the 36th is awesome compared to this Aloft. Needless to say I will not stay here again.

Date of stay: July 2021
Reviewed 20 July 2021

We have stayed at Aloft and Bonvoy and have always been thrilled and are members. I booked this for my daughter for a gift. She notes they "arrived to a flooded parking lot We were told the key machine was broken and to use a digital key through the app. The man at the desk kept saying he sent it (10+ times), but we never received it via our app. We ended up spending the first 14 hours of our stay having to find a front desk person be walked up and let into our room.
Our TV was not working and required fixing multiple times with staff in our room to move furniture around to fix it over and over.
The bathroom was filthy with hair and scum covering the bathroom, and have pictures. I spent our first night cleaning the room myself so we felt comfortable staying there for 6 nights.
I was not told upon that maid service had to be requested. When I asked for extra blankets I was told nope, they were out. I finally received the extra blankets that I requested upon check in on day 3 of our stay.
Our bathroom did not have hot water in the sink, and rarely received hot water in the shower. It would take 5-6 minutes to get warm most days. I spent my entire vacation having to have issues be resolved or worrying and stressing about our lodging. It was constantly something. We were overcharged, and promised comps we did not get." Awful stay from seasoned travelers.

Date of stay: July 2021
2  Thank lauren624
Meredith Pittman, Owner at Aloft Miami Dadeland, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2021

Thank you for the review, lauren624. We deeply apologize for the issues your daughter had in staying with us. These are not up to our standards and we are currently working to improve these conditions.