“Worth Another Try”

Portobello Cucina Italiana
Reserve with OpenTable
Portobello Cucina Italiana is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 237 Restaurants in Jupiter
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Portobello serves exceptional Italian cuisine in the heart of Jupiter. We offer patrons a wide variety of authentic Italian dishes, including Gluten Free entrees. In the third week of May, we offer Sunset Dining Specials that can be view by clicking on the website tab.
Reviewed 8 September 2018

During the summer months, Portobello ’s offers a sunset menu which includes soup or salad and your entree with veggies for $15.95 - $21.95 and house wine & well drinks are only $4.00 and several desserts for $3.50. This menu is available from 5:00 to 6:00 pm only; you must place your order by 6 PM.

We had been to Portobello’s one other time and loved it. This time not as much. First, we thought the portions were smaller. Secondly, the Sole Oreganata I ordered was tasteless. My husband’s Chicken Francaise was good and the house salads were okay. Their bread is excellent as were our wine selections.

We won’t let this visit keep us from going back another time as I mentioned above our 1st visit was outstanding and we had both ordered specials that time. Hoping they aren’t sacrificing quality/quantity on the sunset menu.

Date of visit: September 2018
Oscar D, Owner at Portobello Cucina Italiana, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hello GG,
When you do visit again please don't hesitate to address any concerns you may have, especially if pertains to the food we serve. We take great in what we do and I want you leaving feeling thrilled about your dining experience with us.

Reviewed 5 August 2018

We went to dinner last night with friends who have eaten at Portobello many times, but we had not tried it. When we arrived we were seated quickly and ordered drinks as we looked at the menu(s). My husband's favorite is always veal parm and it was on the Early Bird menu. He said it was excellent. I had sole and it was delicious. Our friends had other pasta and fish offerings and everyone raved about the food. I believe our waiter was "Don" and he was very attentive. But not only was the food delicious, it was actually a restaurant that we could have a conversation at the table without having to speak loudly.....Maybe later in the evening it gets louder, but it was a nice change to many of the restaurants we patronize.
I'm looking forward to a return visit soon.

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank Susan S
Reviewed 11 July 2018

Great food, atmosphere and service. I've had several of their veal dishes and my spouse has had several of their seafood dishes. All were excellent. Plus they have several flavors of Tartufo which is really hard to find and all were great.

Date of visit: June 2018
1  Thank Judy G
Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

I have not been there in while. JP is not there anymore. Didn't get the new bartenders name. Male. Nice. Drinks are on special till 6. I ordered the soft shell crab. It was wonderful. I wasn't rushed like my Christmas Day dinner of years past. The Quartz bar is lit and very attractive. They have more seats too. Happy this time.....

Date of visit: June 2018
2  Thank Judith L
Reviewed 23 May 2018

Been there multiple times...the pros are the food is good, consistent and reasonably priced. We like David as our server. The cons: extremely loud, unsure if it's bad acoustics or people yell. The bartenders make great drinks and usually order a veal or fish dish.

Date of visit: March 2018