“Don't bother”

Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 20
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Takeout
Description: Sonny's BBQ offers a variety of barbeque meats, including St. Louis Cut Ribs and Sonny's Signature Baby Backs, Pulled Beef Brisket, Pulled and Sliced Pork, Sliced Turkey, and Chicken, all smoked slowly over a hardwood fire. Today, with 126 restaurants in nine southeastern states, Sonny's BBQ is one of the largest, most popular barbeque chains in the country. Our secret? We cook it up slow and serve it up fast and friendly.
Reviewed 2 July 2012

I have Celiac disease and I've been to other Sonny's locations that gladly helped with food allergies. They failed to cater to our needs since the cook refused to prevent cross-contamination by just baking a batch of french fries in the oven. I was with a group of people with the same food allergies. It was just a simple request... we visit other locations since they have a gluten-free menu. Needless to say that we WILL NEVER go back again to that location.

Date of visit: June 2012

Reviewed 23 June 2012

Good bar-b-q, but its the salad bar I love for a quick lunch.

Date of visit: June 2012
Reviewed 29 May 2012

The atmosphere is similar to a Denny's or a Shoney's. I like the BBQ--they have different flavors on the table. The salad bar has lots of items on it. My meals have always been prepared well. I usually get the grilled chicken and put the BBQ sauce on it. The staff is pretty nice. It is very laid back.

Date of visit: September 2011
Reviewed 29 May 2012

Good salad bar, great service and bargain prices. Great for lunch and good prices for a large family.

Date of visit: May 2012
Reviewed 15 March 2012

Sonny's use to be the place to go for BBQ. Turned into a chain so lost some of it's personality. I like the smaller places that are trying to make it and add that tender loving care rather than just rushing things out. They have a nice salad bar but it costs too much to add to an order. Hardly see anyone using it. I'll go back some day but will seek out the unique first.

Date of visit: March 2012