“Excellent Sushi/Sashimi hit or miss service”

Osaka Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #46 of 113 Restaurants in Jensen Beach
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A nice habachi place, and a great sushi restaurant.
Reviewed 2 August 2015

We eat here regularly as it's very reasonable pricing so I decided to write a review after a group of 8 went for sushi. Very limited selection this last time and disappointing for those in our group that prefer more than tuna, salmon, squid and basic roe's. My wife and I have noticed the service is very good or very bad... It's really a crap shoot. The preparation of sashimi and sushi is on par with most. We have not tried the habachi side of the house.

On a scale of 1,2,3 being sustenance only, commercial norm and 4,5,6,7 being lower to upper "traditional anywhere fare to better than avg" food and 8,9,10 being " creative delectable artisanal exceptional " highest quality; Our group gives Osaka a 7.5

2  Thank FoodSnobsFL

Reviewed 30 June 2015

The attentiveness and food was great enjoyed also the table for two, so glad they have that.... We did go a month prior too and had a family of 15 and we really enjoyed that too but being just the two of us was just as great food was very fresh and delicious, can't wait to go back,,,, thank u. Eva

Reviewed 3 June 2015

WIth a group, Hibachi is definitely the way to go. But excellent service and good prices for luncheons. Their choice of sushi and sashimi, superb

Reviewed 30 April 2015

My expectation was rather low when the parking lot was pretty empty, and the
restaurant was also....The Service was very good...August was very attentive
and patient. The chef Simon was very nice...however there was a man watching
him and not sure if he was the supervisor or what but his presence was unpleasant.
He stared at Simon the entire time he was cooking and truthfully I dont know how
he could prepare our meal with him standing there.
I had the shrimp and they were done nicely and tasted good. The other things like
the soup, rice and noodles were okay, nothing bad but nothing outstanding. Prices better than bennihana and food not noticebly better and they portion of shrimp was better. Overall because I was expecting it to be bad I was surprised. By the time we left there were more guest but unless they are blown out busy on the weekends I dont see this place lasting it was very quiet for such a large place.

1  Thank gator2256
Reviewed 12 April 2015 via mobile

I went to Osaki tonight. I was invited there by friends for a birthday celebration. There were about 20 people in our party. I'm not a big eater and wasn't hungry enough for one of large entrees. So I ordered a side lobster for $13.99. I was surprised when they gave me rice and noodles which I didn't eat. They cooked everyone's food on a large grill in front of you. My lobster was sliced up and served over rice. When I received my check my 13.99 lobster had blossomed to 32.99. I asked the waitress about the error. She came back 5 minutes later and told me that the manager had said I ate a twin lobster and that was the price. Since I had never been there before I didn't know the difference between a single and a double. But a single is what I had ordered. I paid the check and left. I'm disappointed in their lack of customer service. It was the waitresses mistake not mine. If invited to this establishment again. I would decline. To say I feel like I was robbed is an understatement. There are much better Japanese restaurants in this town. Think twice before you go there and make sure your getting what you ordered or you will be sorry. Thumbs down to Osaka.

3  Thank UnhappyatOsaka