“An unexpected delight!”

Flaming Seafood and Shao Kao BBQ
Reviewed 28 August 2018

I’d been past this restaurant numerous times. It has no curb appeal and I assumed they served fried food or something lame. I was so wrong! It came up on a search for Korean BBQ so we made it a destination. They have fresh meat, seafood and vegetable mini-skewers ready to be grilled for you! Also great fried rice, crawfish and a good sake/wine/beer selection. You are given a plastic covered menu and a marker and you merely check off the items you want to order...easy peasy and fun!! The interior is simple but pleasant, service is fine unless they get inundated with customers. Family owned and run. Go for a fun and healthy meal!!

Reviewed 18 October 2017

Came for lunch with some friends, and I'm not going to lie, I looked at menu, and wondered "What is this?". My friends that had been before helped me in making selections. I got the lamb, steak, and eggplant skewers that came with the bacon fried rice, and they were all so very tasty! It's also very cute/clean inside. I'll definitely bring new people back!

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

All of the other reviews I found were favorable so I thought Id give this place a go. Food was unimpressive, server uninformed, and, considering this was supposed to be Chinese street food, the beachy nautical decor was confusing. We ended up getting takeout from the neighboring New Wok.

Reviewed 13 April 2017

Found this new place and it is phenomenal. A must try for anyone who wants to get away from the burger joints for lunch. I had the Bacon Stir Fried Rice, Chicken, Shrimp, Cauliflower, Zucchini, Bacon wrapped Asparagus, Shao Kao (BBQ on a stick). The staff was great and very helpful. I will return.

Reviewed 24 February 2017 via mobile

I've been coming to Jacksonville for a long time for business and finally made it out to the beach area. Was looking for someplace for lunch that was different. Found this place with high reviews from others. The owner seated me and went through the menu, explaining everything to me. Settled on the 3 Shao Kao skewers with bacon fried rice that was the lunch special. Got pork, steak and chicken skewers. Everything was amazing! The rice was prepared perfectly and the seasoning in the skewers was just right. For a little out of the way place in a small strip mall off the beaten path, it is well worth your time to visit. Decor is nice and ambience is great. Will have to come back here!