“Great place to stay right across from the ocean!”

Legacy Vacation Resorts-Indian Shores
North Dakota
“Great place to stay right across from the ocean!”
Reviewed 28 October 2011

We have stayed here a few times over the past few years and have absolutely loved it every time! The location is ideal for an ocean getaway, but close enough to restaurants and shopping that you won't miss anything!
Gee, the front desk manager was absolutely wonderful in helping us get the room we needed during our stay. He even called our cell to personally let us know he could add a lock off unit to our reservation (which we wanted to reserve a few months back, but found out it was booked).
The units are very spacious and clean. There was a private deck on the back of our unit that looked across to the ocean.
Everything was just perfect at this resort, and we will come back time and time again!

Room Tip: We have stayed on both floors and have enjoyed each room
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Finnish first
Markaryd, Sweden
Reviewed 14 September 2011

We stayed here for three night and it was fantastic. You can see wild dolphins from the balcony. Our room also had a huge bathroom, i would love to have that one at home. We are definitly coming back to this little gem!

• Stayed September 2011
Port Bolivar, Texas
Reviewed 1 August 2011

I have never been to such a poor excuse for a resort. I want to add my two cents to zena kitties review. It was my vehicle that we were all in and it was I that found it after it was broke into and vandalized. I had to ask the staff repeatedly to call the police, the security guard told me that he heard the alarm going off in my vehicle at 6am, seen the door open and just thought we were messing with my car. Well it was around 8:30 am when I went down to the lit and supposedly safe parking garage. So security listened to my alarm going off for 2 1/2 hours and never even bothered to investigate.They just acted like "oh well" I am beside myself with anger. What kind of facility does not have 24 hour staff to assist the patrons? this place. Office closes at 5pm. After that you are on your own. Security leaves at 11pm and then there is really no one here. The rooms were clean, but it is not family friendly or should not even be classified as a resort. My best advice to you is to not even look at this place twice. Do you think they offered to assist us in the fact that we had to cut our trip short, NOPE.... So don't even bother to ask to be reimbursed for the nights that you can't stay because of their lack of security on their premises. Truly a horrible vacation thanks to a horrible so called Resort.

Room Tip: Book some where else
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank Txnana22
California
Reviewed 29 July 2011

I rank this property as average. The room is neat and clean. There are plenty of utensils, and pots and pans in the kitchen. However, I am thoroughly disappointed in the Staff of this Vacation Resorts. We had our car broken into while we slept. The car was in the parking lot under the facility. They broke out the passanger window, used a crow bar to open the door and really damaged that. They stole the GPS and other things in the car. Now what upsets me is that none of the staff never came out to assist us. We called the police and gave a report. We never seen anyone. We finally had to cut our trip short because we needed to get this car home in order to fix it. No apology or any concern was shown to us for what had happned to our car while it was on their property. As a matter of fact I have since called this hotel to speak to the manager and it seems that they do not want to speak to me. Everytime I call, she is always out. How about that.
I would not recommend this facility because they show such little regard for the safety of their patrions. I believe that we could have been bumped off in their garage and they still would not have come out to help. However, they did mention that if we damage anything then we will be liable for it. So I am trying to find out if this place has ins. to cover incidents on their property. So be aware that if you stay at his facility you are on your own. No one will help you if you need it. This place is really not kid friendly either. They just have a pool. and a shuffle board court. that is it.

Room Tip: Beware when you stay at this facility
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank zenakitty1
Easley, South Carolina
Reviewed 27 June 2011

We are owners at Legacy in Orlando and traded part of our week to be closer to the ocean. We didn't really know what to expect because we had never been to this area of Florida before. We were so pleasantly surprised at how well the property has been maintained. There are ongoing efforts, such as painting, to freshen the property up.

Our family had what is considered a 3 bedroom unit. It is actually a studio room with 2 double beds and a connecting unit that has a king bed in the bedroom and a queen sleeper sofa. It worked out perfectly for our family, because we were travelling with our "almost grown" children (ages 20, 19 & 15). They were able to have their privacy and stay up as late as they wanted without bothering us old folks or the grandbaby.

The staff are excellent!!! The front desk clerks were always accomodating. Melissa, the activities director, is the nicest person I've EVER met. She's so sweet and goes above and beyond her job description to make sure the guests are having a good time.

We were able to sit on our balcony and watch dolphins and manatee in the canal right outside our rooms. On the back balcony we could see the many birds that would perch in the area behind the hotel. The beach was an easy stroll across the street. It has the prettiest white powder sand I've ever seen and gorgeous sunsets that we were able to enjoy almost every evening.

There are a couple things that I would change if given the opportunity. However, they aren't so bad that we won't go back again. There is no free Wi-Fi and there is only one computer in the office that guests can use. But after all, you're on vacation. You don't wanna be tied to the computer all the time anyway. There are no washer and dryers in the unit. There are 2 washers and 2 dryers in the office that can be used by guests at a cost of $1.25 per cycle.

Overall, Lagacy Indian Shores is a great place to stay!! We will trade our Orlando week for Indian Shores again next year and plan to bring friends with us. But as some of the other reviews have stated, this is not a hustling, bustling place. So if you are wanting non-stop action, you won't enjoy this place at all. There are things to do if you make the effort, but this is not a party every night and all day kinda place. And that is what makes it perfect for families like mine.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank scmariab
Also consider these accommodations in or near Indian Shores
3.1 km away
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Clearwater Beach South Harbourside
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Clear...
#2 of 4 in Indian Rocks Beach
Barefoot Beach Resort
#1 of 21 in Indian Shores
4.4 km away
Doubletree Beach Resort by Hilton Tampa Bay / North Redington Beach
Doubletree Beach Resort by Hilto...
#1 of 6 in North Redington Beach
1.1 km away
Sun Burst Inn
Sun Burst Inn
#1 of 1 in Indian Shores

Been to Legacy Vacation Resorts-Indian Shores? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK