“Well we had to go. It was good.”
Review of The Freezer

The Freezer
Ranked #4 of 61 Restaurants in Homosassa
Price range: US$ 1 - US$ 21
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch
Description: Restaurant/Bar in an old seafood freezer on the water where boats bring in their fresh catch. Amazing shrimp, fish dip and stone crabs. A lot of local controversy around restaraunt so it is becoming very popular.
Reviewed 10 May 2018

This is our 4'th trip to Homosassa and we had not been yet so I had to go. Personally I am not a big sea food fan, but if you are, this is great.

Good beer and related menu. not full bar, so no mixed drinks, but you can get wine soda, angry orchard, unsweetened tea, etc.

The chips and salsa were huge, we barely made a dent it it. The roast beef sandwich with there home made horseradish was also excellent. We went on an off time and off day mid week and there was plenty of seating. Service was fast.

Cash only but atm available.

1  Thank James L

Reviewed 7 May 2018

Very nice place the freezer, we are out of towers, London uk actually, however lovely atmosphere, the food is very reasonable, but bbq day is the way forward , combine your trip there with an air boat ‍♀️ ride nearby, give it a try tables go quick because of it being a locals type place

Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

Great food and right on the dock where you can see the boats coming in. Shrimp, mussels, and clam chowder. If you are accustom to black tie and gowns, leave them home.... Bring your appetite, a positive attitude and your CASH. No credit cards but there is usually an ATM out front.

Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

This place was recommended by another beach goer so we decided to check it out. This place is literally a freezer. Lol Its cute though. We brought the little ones, so I was happy to see that the bathrooms were clean. Ordered steamed shrimp and crab legs. Both were delicious, but the snow crab legs were my favorite. Putting this on our list of places to visit again if we happen to come this way.

Reviewed 28 April 2018

This is one very good must-stop for fresh stuff ! It's a little intimating if it's your first time but just jump in and go with the flow. It was my second time in April 2018 and I took my spouse with. My friend who lives in Dade City took me to The Freezer for the first time in March 2015. The crab legs are cool /fun , of course, to hammer on and pick out the meat! The shrimp are terrific and easy to shell-off! The mussels just prepared in plain old butter we easy to get out of the shell! Corona x 2 plus these 3 items and cole slaw that came with cost about $50 bucks. Great deal oh and note: CASH Only !

Been to The Freezer? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK