“A Frence Find”

Monaco French Restaurant
Ranked #247 of 703 Restaurants in Hollywood
Cuisines: French
Reviewed 3 March 2017 via mobile

Happened upon this place on Harrison Street for Lunch. It was a rainy Friday and the place was empty butwe gave it a try. The Cappuccino was excellent and although the quiche I ordered was more like a frittata it was light and delicious. The crepe was loaded with fresh smoked ham and really too much to eat for me. Stephanie waited on us and her husband the Chef Vincent came out too. Their baby Micky will give you lots of smiles absolutely free. Nice to enjoy lunch in a family owned place.

Date of visit: March 2017

Reviewed 6 September 2015

We were looking for another restaurant and found this one. Lucky us. A bistro with authentic french food that tastes great. Excellent service. My wife had the steak tartar, which was delicious. I had the best chicken salad I can remember. Quite dining atmosphere with excellent classical music. Now this is coming from some who enjoys rock, punk rock, and even some rap. Needles to say that we will be returning.

Date of visit: September 2015
3  Thank Jim E
Reviewed 22 August 2015

We would like to congratulate Michelin Chef Vincent Martinez, his lovely wife Stephanie, and her parents - who helped serve the wine - on the opening of their recently launched and newly renovated "café", a hidden jewel on Harrison street!

We dropped in for a bite last week in the late afternoon after reading the menu posted on the door - we knew right away that the restaurant had to be French, since they offered foie gras - and truly enjoyed our unhoped-for discovery of French cuisine and wine in downtown Hollywood.

Our hosts' hospitality, the lovely tablecloths, the valuation of cleanliness, and the atmosphere reminded us of the Provence, and made my husband and me feel at home right away...

I loved Vincent's "escargots à la provençale" - one of my favorites -, while my husband had the traditional "soupe aux oignons",
after which we went for the incredible and most irresistible ...
assiette aux fromages... The only thing we missed were the traditional amuse-bouches according to the chef's selection - but then again, we did not come for dinner, and, after all, August is the slow season in Florida...

We found Vincent's biography most interesting: He told us that he came from a family of restaurateurs and that, growing up in the Paris banlieue, he had started to cook at a very young age, and later apprenticed and worked with renowned chefs in the kingdom of Monaco. Trained in classical French cuisine, Vincent is also a pastry chef and has created numerous "sculptural designs" from nougatine - we will save room for dessert on our next visit...

Indeed, we look forward to paying a visit to Monaco again on the occasion of our next trip to Florida, whenever that may be, not only to have a taste of the steamed salmon, but also to listen to live entertainment with talented musicians from Florida and Quebec like Brigitte Leblanc, Dany Flanders, Elise Lindley and Marc Desmers while sipping Ricard...

during the "high season"!

In the meantime, I will make sure to try out Vincent's mouth-watering "tomates farcies" recipes, that were published in the August issue of LE SOLEIL DE LA FLORIDE (a newspaper for Florida's French community)!

Last but not least, I love the idea of exhibiting art at the café... Indeed, la Joie de Vivre seems to reign in Monaco - Le Café des Artistes,

so ...

we wish the lovely couple a good start, and say, "à bientôt, j'espère"!

Date of visit: August 2015
10  Thank Jeu_dePlume
Reviewed 16 August 2015

Small and really uninviting. Nothing exciting about this place. Small menu. asked for lemon for the water and small pieces of citrus came without the skin. No idea what they were. Saltine crackers with no butter or anything were placed on the table.

My mushroom pasta came hot on the outside and very cold on the inside. I was hoping for a real nice French Bistro on Harrison Street and I don't know how the owners feel that putting out saltine crackers is a draw is beyond me. Reasonable prices but not of us thought that what we got was an outstanding dinner. No way!

Date of visit: August 2015
3  Thank breny3
Reviewed 10 April 2015 via mobile

We were driving off Harrison for a meeting we had... My wife was hungry and wanted something nice... We saw this place from the car and as it was early, we didn't expect the place to be open... But it was! We were greeted by Stephanie (wife) who is a lovely french lady that tried at all times to please us. We sat down in a cozy not elegant place that is very clean. Tableware is fine and clean. We ordered a chevre salad that was impeccable... Had the dressing of a true french bistro and that made me feel as if I was in one of those little "terraces" in Paris eating a salad... So, congrats for that mind trip to Paris!! Then my son ordered a Filet Mignon and wanted french fries... They cannot make fries as per building regulations, but Stephanie did go the extra mile... We had "pomme de terre" some kind of grilled potatoes that were amazing! Meat was tender and cooked very well... We ordered a steak tartare, which was very nice... Balanced and well done! Meat was not ground beef like most, but true strips of beef... Awesome! So now Vincent (husband) is to be congratulated for the kitchen!!! They make a perfect duo to make it happen. Wine list could improve and hope they accept BYOB... But being as pleasing as they were, think there will be no problem! Restroom, also clean! So, all in all this place will be a must for us! Merci!

10  Thank JacquesR910