“A little more spice please”

Las Vegas Cuban Cuisine
Ranked #20 of 689 Restaurants in Hollywood
Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: After-hours
Description: maybe in Dana beach, florida
Reviewed 25 March 2018

A couple years ago, I was here when I was on a hunt for the best Cuban Sandwich. They didn’t have the sandwich available that day, so I thought I would return and try again when I was in the area.

They did have the sandwich this time, but I was a little disappointed. If there was any mustard at all, it was not enough, and the bread was not grilled. It just lacked a little distinctive spice.

My wife tried the Lechon Asado, which is roast pork in tropical spices with mojo juice, ant topped with sautéed onions. It came with rice and a couple fried plantains on the side. It was a good dish with a large portion, but it also could use a little more spice like we have found in some other Cuban restaurants.

Reviewed 20 March 2018

Las Vegas is one of my two go-to places for Cuban food in Broward County. Even though they can get very busy, they are efficient and the wait times are minimal. The food is outstanding. I am a black beans fanatic and Las Vegas serves some of the best. Their black beans are even better than those I've had in Cuba! If you like mojo, this this the place to have it.

Reviewed 11 March 2018

Went here for dinner with four, we orderd 3x mixed meat grill and fish. Although service was good the food was average to poor, taste not good, meat overcooked and it had no good taste. I can't imagine this has to represent Cuban food. Server was very friendly and we got a nice table and some complimentary Cuban bread, service was fast and all was served at once. Dishes are quite big (you can't really finish them unless you are hungry). But again we were not impressed by the food quality.

Reviewed 7 March 2018

Having been to Cuba we're picky when it comes to Cuban food. It was a pretty good crowd for a Tuesday night. Las Vegas is family owned so there was a warm friendly vibe. I ate the grilled salmon (I KNOW salmon isn't a tropical fish) it came with white rice, black beans and ripened plantains. The star of the dish were the black beans very well seasoned - yummilicious! I would order this again. My husband had the plaintain crusted fish, it was a generous portion-take note it is fried. The flan is EXCELLENT! If you want authentic Cuban food at a reasonable price look no further.

Reviewed 6 March 2018

Had a great meal at this small restaurant on Sterling.....Greeted and seated quickly..Waiter wears a tie to serve you...Empanada,, were cooked well,, Clearly this is a family owned and operated location.. Seemed like all were working hard to ..quickly take your order and answer any questions ,,get the order to the kitchen, then plated and out to you..Drinks were also available.. It seemed like the wait staff, watched the faces of the customers and got to them, even before the question or need was asked for,,.