“Not impressed”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I ate lunch here with a friend and we did not have a great time. It is a great location on the water but sadly that is the only nice thing I have to say. The service was terrible. VERY slow and not friendly at all. I was brought the wrong meal and because I could not seem to flag anyone down I finally resigned to eat it as my friend was already done his meal. Had to go inside to try and pay as we waited a long time for check and no one came around. They might have been understaffed, but shame on them if that's the case. The food was unimpressive and expensive for what you get. This might be a better spot for drinks, appetizer and enjoy the one good thing: the view of the boat traffic and the intercostal!

2  Thank jennyfourtyfour

Reviewed 6 April 2018

On a Wed they ran out of oysters but not after making all 7 of us wait for 30 mins before we were told. Then people in our group ordered other food and 30 mins later NOTHING! But were the drinks on point? NO...waited for every single drink we ordered which was mostly beers for well over 15 mins each time. And what's up with the small glasses? Literally serving cocktails in shot glasses b/c those weren't rocks or tall glasses. When we addressed all these issues the waitress was rude disrespectful and brought over the manager who said and did nothing, and seemed more interested in siding with his staff than trying to keep a party of 7. On my way out to finish it off this waitress said "there's the door"! Which was a nice touch as 4 of us left hungry. And I haven't even touched on the MIDGES! If you don't know what those are you're going to find out really quick when you go there. The fact is this place has never been good even the previous owners ran it into the ground. The new ownership seems to be no better. I am a local realtor and know every spot in the area. I was hesitant to go here but went along with some friends to my dismay (again). From food to service to the insects this place is pure garbage. Its only redeeming quality is the location on the water but hey don't settle for this rat hole. Quarterdeck, Margaritaville, Billys, Nicks, GG's, Opa all have waterfront food without the trashy staff and without running out of food so they can up charge you on something else. By the way the menu is littered with sports bar food at 5 star prices. I don't get it. Is this a local's spot or a tourist trap? Thankfully I interact with a lot of new, old and future residents in the area and when they ask me about local food and entertainment I'll be happy to let them know to stay away from Jimbo's. Hopefully I will be able to save them the aggravation and expense of going to this deplorable establishment. Plus they won't go home hungry. By the way on my way out I took a couple of pictures of your kitchen and texted them to my friend at Local 10's dirty dinning. Expect a visit to your disgusting kitchen. #gross

3  Thank Alexander D
Reviewed 5 April 2018

Long time visitor to the area. Wanted to have the Wednesday night special “oysters on the half shell.” Arrived just before 7 PM, extremely slow service even getting drinks. After our order was placed for oysters, after 45 minutes waitress came back and said they were out of oysters. We said bring us the rest of the order. Nothing!!! Finally after another 15 minutes I found the waitress and said I want to pay for the drinks we are leaving. Her comment was “oh the kitchen is screwing up.” Well probably not totally correct since the folks on the lower level were getting their food consistently. Our waitress was a total dud. Her entire section did not have a single food order on the table, while the lower level had all they needed. This is the worst experience in many years in the Ft Lauderdale area. I won’t be back.

1  Thank Greg C
Reviewed 5 April 2018

Been coming to Ft Lauderdale forever! This was the WORST EVER----Service was deplorable, we showed at 7:00PM asked for the oyster special and 45 minutes later was notified they weren't available, and of course what else we ordered was coming....meanwhile others in a section not waited on by our waitress were getting their orders. 15 minutes later we exited, paying for our drinks and went elsewhere. Will NOT be going back Her excuse.....the kitchen was messing up!! LAME!!!!!!.

2  Thank Kathryn1956
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Great place in Hollywood, right on the water. Outdoor seating is must to take in the view. Food is always good and reasonably priced. Very busy at night and the weekend. Service can be a bit slow but overall a great place to go.