“Last minute Saturday night dinner”

Mama Mia Italian Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Mama Mia Italian Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #50 of 701 Restaurants in Hollywood
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 35
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Groups, Romantic
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Federal Highway and Hollywood Blvd
Description: We are conveniently located in the heart of Downtown Hollywood at 1818 S Young Circle, Hollywood, FL. Offering some of the most superb Italian Food, Fine Wine and Excellent Service. Mama Mia's has become a landmark and was not only Joe Dimaggio's favorite restaurant, but is often visited by the Miami Dolphins and Miss Florida USA. Our Endless menu features such Italian Favorites as Stuffed Shrimp, Homemade Pasta & Raviolis, Veal Chop Parmigiana and Eggplant Rollatini. Every dish is cooked to order using only the finest quality and the freshest ingredients. If your planning a party or business luncheon, our banquet facilities will accommodate your group. Mama Mia's also has weekly events and specials such as our Ladies Night Thursdays, Happy Hour Fridays and Sunday Brunch. For more details about these events and specials, please visit our website.
Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

Four of us sat at the bar for drinks prior to sitting at the table. We had chicken Parmesan, filet mignon and Veal. The chicken Parmesan was huge and delicious. The filet was amazing and melted in my mouth. The veal was fine. Garlic rolls dipped in the house dressing are amazing. The house dressing should be sold by the bottle it’s so yummy. The food was delicious and we all left with a

The live entertainment was great...Put a nice touch to our Saturday evening.
We will definitely be returning in the near future

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

This has got to be the dirtiest restaurant I've ever walked into. I should have known better from when I walked in and open the door the stench that hit you in the face it smell like a dirty bar. I should have left at that point. We were sat at our table, the salt and pepper shakers were dirty with sauce on them. I opened up my menu and there was cheese and olive oil all throughout the menu, gross. I ordered a salad which was okay but then again how bad could a salad be. In the middle of us dining during lunch the bartender decides to walk through the dining room with the mop bucket that had to be the dirtiest thing I've ever seen in my life it looks like it hasn't been cleaned in years I cannot believe he walked through the dining room in the middle of lunch with something so dirty. This restaurant is absolutely filthy and needs to be disinfected from the front door to the back door.

2  Thank smil1679
Reviewed 22 January 2018

Mama Mia's has been in Hollywood,Florida for a long time, right off Young Circle. However, Things are changing there. It has a very subdued atmosphere: low key, low lights and soft saxaphone music in the background, which creates the right atmosphere. We sat at the bar because we wanted to see our friend, their new sommelier, Mike Lynch in action. They had a lobster special that night: all the Maine lobsters you could eat for $42.99. The lobsters just kept coming and were served by their very attentive Bartender, Natalie, from Portugal. It was a week night and the restaurant was busy but not to the point where you can't hear yourself think! Conversations were kept low and the soft jazz filtered through the air in a very relaxing way. I don't know if the musician is there every night but he was really great. He really set the mood. My fiance had the chicken piccata which was fabulous! I can't say enough about this place and I probably have said too much already because the next time I go there, I probably won't be able to get in!!!!

Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

Took the family for a Sunday lunch. We had not dined at mama Mia’s for years, so we were looking for the traditional Italian lunch and service. Quite a change.

No more with tablecloths and menu selection at least at this Sunday “brunch”. Instead an all buffet selection at $25 a head was the choice. Family was already seated as I had to wrestle the downtown parking first. So we said give it a try. Every table had an ice bucket with a French budget bubbly vuvay verney. Extra $12.95 a head for unlimited mimosas. Many tables were enjoying this greatly. The buffet area had many small dish selections with deviled eggs, mini sandwiches, carving station, sausage and peppers and more. The selections under heat lamps were cold (it was a chilly day). There was one stand of raviolis and lasagne that had a heated base. All tasted fine but some were cold and some dishes lacked serving utensils. There was a small menu that offered choice of one served brunch selection in addition to the buffet. I had a salmon Benedict and young son had some pancakes with chocolate and strawberries

The most disappointing selection was the “sushi”. Of course sushi at an Italian place would raise questions anyway. They were 5 or six rolls and one sushi plate. Escolar. Bleh. There was tuna and salmon in display case but they were not serving them. To the left some Chinese style pasta and some poultry and pork. All selections in both areas unlabeled and staff was quite busy pouring mimosas so questions could not be easily asked.

Not what we were looking for but some folks looking for a wine buzz and something to nosh on may enjoy it. We were looking for a more traditional lunch and service. At 83 bucks with no mimosas our party of 3 though it was a bit over priced especially with the spotty quality on the buffet items and presentation.

Reviewed 5 January 2018

Entering the establishment, we walked face first into the racquet ball court acoustics of the attached bar, sparsely populated with south Floridians escaping what they call cold, flooding what I can only imagine was the early-set DJ’s first attempt at House music into what should have been a well-set dining room.
We were ungraciously chucked at a table by a hostess who was carrying so many menus in her arms, she looked nearer to a librarian reshelving books rather than the gatekeeper of the dining room.
We placed drink orders with the server, nondescript Adam, who, as we discovered throughout the evening, was brand new. I gave him far more margin of error than I should have because of that.
After an interminable wait for drinks, and having to send one back because it was made incorrectly. We placed our entree order. The menu is is textbook Italian fare but the Yelp reviews of the food ensure it is made with baby angel tears. I was truly looking forward to the Eggplant alla Nonna.
Amazing conversation and sitting next to someone who’s company I truly enjoy, I did not mind the entirely slow service. A harried table runner tried to serve us food that absolutely wasn’t our order, had I known what lay ahead, I would have actually taken the dishes off his hands. Our Server brought over drinks we didn’t order and the wrong bottle of wine. He threw an excuse that the bar was swamped and zipped off. He returned with a bottle of wine I recognized as decidedly NOT the one I ordered, but a far higher caliber and probably out of my price range. I happily accepted it after he mangled the bottle open and glugged a sample of it into the glass. It was quite good.
I requested to speak to a manager and Joey appeared tableside. I tried to explain that we were experiencing some difficulty with our service and that Adam might need some support, being that he was new and in the weeds. We explained the wrong drinks, and Joey walked around me at the table to try to palm the drink off the table. I explained to Joey that he would decidedly not be taking that drink off the table until it’s correct sibling had arrived. He walked back to the head of the table, explained to me that the restaurant was busy. I looking over my shoulder at the half full dining room, I was incredulous. This could have been an easy fix, and he whiffed at the pitch. He then rolled his eyes and minced off.
I was then informed that the kitchen couldn’t make my entree. I chose another, and then was informed that they couldn’t make that one either. I ended up picking the most innocuous entree off the menu from memory.
Had I not been in the the company of wonderful people, I might have committed seppuku with my common table setting dinner knife, but we made a pact to stick it out to the end of the bottle of wine then we would walk if the entrees had not arrived by the time our glasses ran dry.
I began to drink faster. Secretly delighted that the owner of the restaurant, Joseph Franco, would have to chase my wallet to the Midwest.
An ounce of wine left in my glass, the entrees appeared. The order was not correct but we were hungry and it was food. I asked for the manager a third time.
Shame on the karma Gods that ran me through the wringer of restaurant service for 15 years only to send me Joey a second time. He offered us dessert, which I found perfunctory and incredibly rude. I told him I wasn’t paying for the entrees. I did this for a living for a decade and a half. This was not how it is done. “Fix. It.” He sulked off.
I watched him, at the computer dress down our server. Adam boxed our food and gave us our check while explaining that he would have to cover what came off our bill. We tipped him enough cash to cover the entire bill. To be fair, we really didn’t blame the server because he was failed by his leadership at every single level.
Oh, and I paid for the damned Caesar salad