Open today: 9:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Review Highlights
Beautiful! Hard to believe we are on a beach in Florida!

Reviewed 6 days ago
Dana0811
Hollywood, Florida
Different from your typical Florida beach...

Reviewed 1 week ago
JDHoss
Kingsport, TN.

All reviews high tide honor system tide pools sea grapes water shoes education center ocean waves short walk to the beach florida beach water spouting turtle nests beautiful beach jupiter inlet lighthouse great pictures sea life formations nature
Reviewed 6 days ago

Arrived on Friday morning, just as the tide was going back out. It was beautiful. We were able to park in the main lot without issue. Paid our $2 per adult and we were on our way. Lovely walk through the sea grape trees. We stayed about 30 minutes. Totally worth seeing at least once! The kids enjoyed it as well.

Reviewed 1 week ago

....in that there are a lot of rock formations. At low tide it's neat to explore around them, but as the tide is coming in you have to be careful not to get caught by a wave that could knock you off balance. In fact, I wouldn't recommend swimming here, but it's fine for wading, and even better to just come and walk or sit in a chair and read a book while listening to the surf. No dogs are allowed, and once side doesn't allow beach umbrellas. Parking is $2 and on an honor system. Its well worth the price though.

Reviewed 6 October 2018 via mobile

The beach section was closed due to red tide so we didn’t get to see much besides walk on the trail along the intercostal. The visiting center was very nice inside with interesting articles and photos. It’s a nice quiet place for family with young kids from what I can see. I definitely will check out the beach once it opens.

1  Thank 831maggiep
Reviewed 27 September 2018

Lovely special setting, different than others in South Florida. You walk through a canopy of sea grape trees on the way to the beach.

There is a bluff of sharp rocks which is dramatic. Most people mainly walk on the beach.

The day we went the swimming was treacherous, Intense waves, strong, rapid undertow, a steep angle leading to rocks on the bottom about two feet out. We got banged up. That said we have met people who said that when the surf is milder and the tide higher they go snorkeling and see neat stuff.

Interesting ecologically. You cannot use beach umbrellas on one side of the beach because that is a turtle nesting ground. There is a very informative and well-displayed indoor exhibit by the parking lot.

There is an outdoor shower to clean the sand, which is the thick pebbly kind. (Best to bring beach sandals for walking.)

Self-paying two dollar fee to enter.

On a Saturday afternoon it was not crowded at all. You get a feeling that the beach is yours.

And you approach it on a low-key two lane highway.

1  Thank Grumo
Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

The rock formations were neat to see and I got some interesting pictures but didn't see any "blowing" water. The sand is very hot and hard to walk through. And it's a bit of a walk to were you're able to get into the water. Might have been better at high tide but I didn't think it was anything special.

Reviewed 26 August 2018

i guess it may be a attraction for the folks in florida but if you have seen real blowing rocks in other parts of the world- skip it!

Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

Good place to relax and enjoy nature or go on a brief hike on the trail. Bike riding can be done between Hobe Sound and Blowing Rocks, so bring your bikes!

Enjoy!

Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

I can't believe I've never been here sooner! And I live in Florida! I took out of town guests and they loved it! I will be returning with my family. This is a geologists dream field trip. Very neat place with great photo opportunities. 2$ a person to get in. No dogs allowed. Hard to get into the water, would not recommend, waves may slam you into rocks. Just north of park is a more beachy area. Best to come to park at high tide.

1  Thank ScubaGirlEP7
Reviewed 25 June 2018

Quiet beach, calm, peaceful and full of serenity. Bring your bike (and sunscreen!!) so you can spend the day biking some of those lovely back roads in Hobe Sound.

1  Thank 192kid
Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

I’ve lived in Florida the majority of my life and had no idea about this place until a couple years ago. We decided to come after seeing the lighthouse as it was in close proximity. I’m so glad we did. It’s absolutely beautiful. We were there at low tide so we didn’t get to experience the waves crashing, however, we experienced the tide pools and they were lovely. The kids played in the rocks, found tons of beautiful shells, and made amazing memories.

5  Thank Tabitha B