“Closed for renovation”
Review of The French Quarter

The French Quarter
Reviewed 10 November 2017

The entire Mardi Gras casino is closed for renovation. We tried to look at different sites to fin a reopening date - no luck.
anybody know when it will reopen???

Date of visit: November 2017

Reviewed 21 February 2017

Joined my Uncle and wife for dinner here on Valentine's day. They had a special dinner that night, an the waiter didn't even bother to give us a menu.

To be brief, the dinner was prime rib, scallops and crab stuffed shrimp (main course). Although the prime rib was OK (and the waiter mixed up the well done and medium) both seafoods were truly inedible - tasted like they were expired rejects from the bait shop. Almost had to wipe my mouth with the napkin to get out that taste.

I don't think I'll ever go back.

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed 29 January 2017

Three of us visited for the Saturday evening buffet. The girls feasted on the crab legs while I wnt for the peel-and-eat shrimp and red meat. last time I was there, they had Prime Rib, but they only serve that on Friday evening buffets now. The sirloin tip was excellent - I went back for seconds.

Date of visit: January 2017
Reviewed 15 December 2016

My wife and I were here for our Professional Photographers' Guild yearly holiday dinner.

Our group sat at two round tables that overlooked the dog track. In the background was a brightly lit carnival and we had what we call in Florida a King Moon. (A full moon that is close to Earth and raises the tides.)

The food is well prepared. Portions are not oversized.

My wife often eats appetizers and side dishes rather than a main meal.

She had a shrimp cocktail. It was tasty. But, four medium sized shrimp at $10 was a bit smaller than she was used to. Her main was a baked potato.

I had a healthy sized Caesar salad for a starter. $8.00

For my entree I enjoyed a Chicken Marsala with excellent mashed potatoes and carrots on the side. The dish was well prepared and the chicken not overdone. The Marsala sauce was excellent. $15.00

This is a very nice place to dine. The room was fairly quiet and the view of the track added a nice touch.

I understood, from speaking with the manager, that they have an excellent buffet on weekends. Based upon other reviews this might be a good bet at this casino restaurant (excuse the pun!)

Date of visit: December 2016
Reviewed 8 September 2016

If you want to spend your time and money in a fun and productive way, this is NOT the place to go. The food in the French Quarter restaurant is barely edible. I ordered the boneless short rib with mashed potatoes. The food came out cold and the mashed potatoes had large chunks of barely cooked (nearly raw) potatoes mixed in with the cooked ones. The service was nothing to write home about either; very cold and totally lacking in friendliness or enthusiasm.

Date of visit: September 2016