“Spacious , well equipped villa - even with 12 of...”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of VILLA TWINKLE

Princess twin
Main lounge
Kitchen
Queen ensuite
Pool table air hockey, table football basketball wii
Poolside TV
Lounge
Hall
Poolside dinning
Main lounge
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Barnsley, United Kingdom
“Lost its Twinkle!!!!”
Reviewed 6 December 2014 for a stay in October 2014
people found this review helpful

Returned home three weeks ago from our long awaited holiday to Florida.
As seasoned Villa holidaymakers to Florida over the last dozen or so years, this was by far our worst experience sadly.
We travelled in Oct/Nov so obviously needed pool heat as the pools are freezing without. Talk about Big Brother is watching you!!...This British tightwad Villa owner controls the air con, pool heat and WiFi from his home...At best you will have all of the above from 8am until 8pm...if Maurice allows it, and even then he controls to what degree, so we were either freezing or boiling up all through the night..... bad news when you have a pregnant lady and a 3 yr old with Nephrotic Syndrome....I pre arranged pool heat as an all inclusive package, on day two once we had called management in to fix the broken WiFi, the old rusty pool heater gave up the ghost again and the owners would not sanction repair, nor would they agree to provide a neighbouring pool, even though the management co said they would sort it out if the owners said yes....consequently we never used the outside area, I had to pay for us all to use a community pool for 12 days, another $180.00 on top of the fees I had already paid in advance.
The vertical blinds throughout the villa had all to remain closed day and night as the sun damage made them snap off if touched at all, so most rooms had several parts on the floor and gaping holes. Apparently the blinds are being changed to curtains one window at a time, but seeing as there is only the dining room done up until this point and still around another 20 or so to go, this may take a while..
There was supposed to be a large screen tv in pool area, we found this in a box in the wardrobe.
Even small things like filthy bacteria laden toilet brushes in every wc , which cost pennies to replace.
The games room is a waste of time, all the balls were burst in basketball game, playstation tv broken, so never got to use that game.
Only one telephone in the whole place so you are chasing up and downstairs to take calls.
The management company did try to help out, but it is impossible if the owners are saying no ..
Maurice and Chris are only too keen to mail and chat if they can get you to part with your hard earned cash and make a booking....you try and ask for help when things are not as promised and you might as well save your time and energy..
They have point blank refused to reply to my mails since our return, so I feel they will not be too surprised by our review....I do have photographic and video evidence if prospective renters would like to see them, I would hate to think that more people are being ripped off by these owners.
In hindsight I should have gone through an agency, and not a Scrooge type, single villa owner with no contingency plans, we live and learn sadly...

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
9 Dec 2014
TWINKLE STILL SPARKLING
To set the record straight as confirmed by my management co. This guest originally requested a quote including pool heat in May 2014.However our quote was rejected as being several hundreds of pounds above budget.Our revised quote stated that our fee for the villa only included taxes, cleaning, FREE WIFI, FREE international phone calls.Poll heat was stated as an optional extra.The client signed a booking form on the basis of the revised quote. On arriving at the villa the management co. viewed the agreement and informed the client that pool heat was not included.Also at that time in May there was no mention of there being a poolside tv either in our quote or advertised as one of the villa features. Following confirmation of the booking we were requested to supply discount shopping vochers and coupons as being an ardent discount shopper. We provided details of where these coupons could possibly be obtained.A request was also received for a very late checkout which would have prevented us from having a back to back booking, this was provided FREE of charge.On the day of arrival our management co was contacted as the wifi was down.This was immediately rectified.I was then asked to reboot the aircon system whilst I was travelling on a train.Not being in possession of all documents I inadvertantly also switched on the pool heat, however it was till I arrived home that I realised that I had incorrectly done so.As a gesture I left the pool heat on.The pool heat stayed on for another 6 days before it broke doen, NOT the 2 days as mentioned.The client was informed by the management co. that it would take 10days to be repaired as it required a City permit and a final inspection.I never refused to authorise repairs.The client was also informed that due to insurance problems it would not be possible to use someother persons pool.The management co have informed me that there are NO community pools in Orlando, so how could there have been extra expense incurred? As regards wifi the client is incorrect that I controlled its use.As previously stated WIFI is provided FREE!! With reference to aircon all villa owners have a controlled system which supplies an acceptable temperature 24 hours per day.It also prevents clients from accidentaly freezing up the aircon.It was mentioned that the playstation was broken.The management co have informed me that the client did not know how to switch it on but declined help.There has never been a problem with the playstation or the rest of the equipment in the games room as games are regulaly checked.
I can confirm that I did reply to her emails, however the emails became more aggressive and abusive that I stopped replying.
The management co. informed me that 2 days before departure the client was asked if there had been any problems apart from the pool heat situation.The client replied that had not been any!
Our villa has been accepting holiday makers since May 2008 with many repeat customers.
I believe that our management co will be contacting TripAdvisor direct re this situation in order to put the record straight.
Regards,
Maurice
Bethlessi...
Matlock, United Kingdom
“Spacious , well equipped villa - even with 12 of us”
Reviewed 27 April 2014 for a stay in April 2014
people found this review helpful

Our extended family of 12 had a fantastic time staying at the villa. Couldn't believe the size of it, plenty of space for all of us! Kids loved the pool and games room was enjoyed by all. Just what we needed after 14 days of travelling and stopping off between New York and Florida. Wish we could have stayed longer, but had to catch our flights home. If we ever go back to Florida, would definitely stay there again and would recommend it to anyone.

Thanks, from grandparents Roy and Pam, Beth, Andy, Vicki, Darren and grandchildren, Megan, Cerys, Bronwyn, Rhys, Oscar and Martha.

Pollockan...
White Lake, Michigan
“Enjoyed our stay”
Reviewed 23 February 2014 for a stay in February 2014

Very large villa with all the amenities one could ask for. Stayed with my sister and both our adult children and had plenty of space for everyone. We were in town for a wedding and having four full baths was a blessing when it came to everyone having to get ready. The pool, hot tub, and huge patio area were really nice. Definitely would recommend this villa to anyone and I'm personally hoping to stay again one day.
Thank-you Maurice and Chris

Your age range 35-49
Musselburgh
Reviewed 15 September 2013 for a stay in July 2013

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Space and layout allowed us to all be together and have privacy when desired
Liked least: Haines City is a little further out from the parks
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Cincinnati
Reviewed 12 March 2013 for a stay in March 2013

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Everything!
Liked least: Hot tub could have been warmer (but we did have cold weather)
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing