“Teens loved the Cuban food/authentic decor ”
Review of Habana Cafe

Habana Cafe
Ranked #8 of 45 Restaurants in Gulfport
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 25
Cuisines: Latin, Spanish
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Our teens wanted to try Cuban food while visiting Florida. We left our cushy hotel in St. Pete and took the word of other Trip Advisor reviewers to drive to Gulfport to the Habana Cafe. We tried the fried mashed potato balls w meat, drank Latin sodas and enjoyed their pork specialty dish. I love fried plantains and Habana didn’t disappoint. We also ordered their special cheesecake flan and wanted to lick the plate. The service was very good and we had a great night out as a family.

Reviewed 30 March 2018

My wife and I had dinner here. The food and service were excellent. I had the Lechon Asado Oriente Region Style. The pork was excellent and their mojo sauce is great. My wife had the Summer Dill Chicken special, a light cream sauce with artichokes, dill, chives and mushrooms over the chicken. For dessert we had Key Lime Pie and Cream Cheese Flan. The Key Lime Pie was nice and tart. The Cream Cheese Flan tasted like a caramel cheese cake. Both were very good. Our server was excellent without being intrusive. We will eat here again when we are back visiting the area.

Reviewed 20 March 2018

No really fancy surroundings but reminiscent of Cuba. But the Cuban was absolutely wonderful. My brother asked that they add some of their Mojo Criollo-marinated pulled pork and he said it was outstanding. The pulled pork is their signature but the Cuban? MMMMMMMMMMMm.

Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

Having grown up in the area, I'm watchful for 'tourist traps'...and Habana Cafe is definitely NOT just a gimmick. Most patrons were Hispanic / Latino, and a few seemed to be regulars. Our family of 5 tried a variety of entrees and were very happy. Portions are just right (except the 'combo' dishes, which are HUGE)
The only reason I've rated this visit a 4 is because the server appeared to be having an off night - but, hey, we're all human, right? Other tables seemed to be well taken care of, and the dining room was clean even on a busy night.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

Last night we decided to try Cafe Habana for dinner. This restaurant is long established in a free standing building. The main floor is rather small but has a really homey and warmth to it. This is no formula joint. I felt like I was out of the country.
We opted to try the papas rellenos. Mashed potato rolled in a ball filled with ground beef and spices or filled with lechon (pork) deep fried. A winner.
I had the entree of lechon asado....slow roasted port wonderfully seasoned with grilled onions.. Add fried plantains, black beans and rice and you will be most satisfied. We will definitely be back to try their various seafood dishes as well as chicken dishes.
We ended up with their home made fan. An award winner! Try this place, you'll like it.