“Charming”

The Historic Peninsula Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Gulfport
Reviewed 23 April 2012

My wife and I decided to stay here at the last minute and had no problem getting a reservation. It is located in the charming downtown area of Gulfport. Easy walking to anything worth seeing in the area. They have ample parking. We stayed in the Katmandu room which was beautifully decorated with a king bed. The television was not very big, but we don't watch much television. But you did have to sit in the sitting area to watch it. It was set low on a table and to far from the bed if you wanted to see it from there. They have a nice restaurant and bar area. A band was playing Saturday night on the front porch and a lot of people were up dancing, singing and having fun.

My only disappointment was the continental breakfast that is included in the price of the room. We have stayed at many B & B's around the world and this was probably the weakest breakfast served. It was adequate, but I expected more from a top rated B & B.

But I would highly recommend staying here to enjoy your visit in Gulfport.

Room Tip: The Inn has an old style elevator that requires you to close a door and a gate. If someone forgets...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for The Historic Peninsula Inn

Reviewed 16 April 2012

UNIQUE, a real treat to find this gem of a restaurant in the quaint town of Gulfport. The service, food and friendly atmosphere were without doubt 1st class. Our first visit was sooooo great, we are returning this Friday for more scrumptious food and to hear "Sinatra" sing. The owner's Jim and Alexandra were very hospitable and a real pleasure to meet and chat with. It was a wonderful experience to dine at this very elegant historic establishment.

Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ken and Louise H
Reviewed 16 April 2012

We recently spent a week in the Tampa-Saint Petersburg area. We tried to book a room at the beach but were unsuccessful. So my step-daughter suggested the Peninsula Inn in Gulfport. It was a great choice. It was only a 10 minute drive from the beach. And it was a welcome change from all the development along the Gulf. It really seemed like we were transported back in time to what I call old Florida. Gulfport has many older homes and is an artist community. It's funky with a nice vibe. There were some nice restaurants too. The Inn had been renovated about 10 years ago and was charming. Our room was small although the bathroom was a good size. The Inn itself had a nice lobby, a cool old elevator, and a couple of restaurants. The porch where you could have a continental breakfast was great. Very wide and shaded with ceiling fans. Great place to hang out and watch people stroll by. Frank, the hotel manager, could not have been more accomodating. He arranged for early check in and a late check out and took care of all our needs. In summary, we give the Inn a strong recommendation.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 April 2012

Gulfport is a sweet little town convenient to St. Pete beaches, and Fort De Soto State Park. When I booked the room for one evening online, I received a personal call from Frank Rock, who I believe is the owner of this pretty inn, and I appreciated the call. The room I reserved was a larger room (Princess) that looked to be a comfortable size for my husband and me along with our teenaged son. Upon arrival, the room I booked was not available, and I was told that the person who was supposed to have checked out still had all their belongings in the room and had not returned to the room. I was offered a different room which was a bit smaller, but Frank offered us a discounted price without me even having to ask, and I thought this was a wise choice for a business owner and although not the room we wanted, definitely an agreeable arrangement. The room is decorated very nicely, and would be perfect for a couple, but it was a little tight with our son, and could have used a few more towels. We chose to dine at the restaurant on-site, and while the food was very good, there were only a few wait staff available and the service was a little slow. The place is just wonderful for couples who are looking for a nice, comfortable place to stay that is not your typical "cookie cutter" hotel, and it is in a quiet area away from the hustle and bustle.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Beautiful hotel! Great location for beaches, ball games, lots of entertainment. Comfortable bed and pillows. Cute room! Very clean! Excellent staff. Only wish coffee was available before 8a.m., otherwise, I'd rank this place a 9.9 out if 10.

• Stayed: April 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gulfport
4.0 km away
4.0 km away
Guy Harvey Outpost, a TradeWinds Beach Resort
4.1 km away
Beach House Suites by The Don CeSar

Been to The Historic Peninsula Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK