“Look at this for a menu board!”
Review of The Windmill Inn

The Windmill Inn
Ranked #3 of 3 Restaurants in Ewhurst
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Nestling high in the Surrey Hills "an area of outstanding natural beauty. The Windmill enjoys the most stunning views and magnificent setting of any venue in the south of England. The Windmill Bar & Eating House has something for everyone ~ a simple but perfectly prepared cup of coffee through to the finest dining experience ~ we have it all.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I returned to the windmill after 8 years of great memories, excellent management and staff even after reading the bad reviews on trip advisors this did not deter me from revisiting although as you read on clearly forward is forearmed .Sadly on my return on my return this easter weekend I noted the exterior looked rather shabby to say the least. This still did not put me off parking the car , to look at what the menu board had to offer. I am now slightly lost for words and now realise why the reviews are so bad. Please look at photo?? I have been informed it is still owned by the same couple Seriously have they completely lost the plot. Surely I am not the only person who saw this.

1  Thank iwo36142

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

Took my mum after a nice hike nearby for Mother's Day. The redundant was empty but we still waited 1.5 hours for our food, which was poor quality, and definitely not worth the wait.

The waitress gave us a small discount for the long wait, but it didn't make up for the ruined Mother's Day outing.

There are 1001 nicer places to eat, don't ware your time here.

1  Thank Sean B
Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

We visited The Windmill Inn recently. After reading the reviews we were ready for a disappointment. However, we enjoyed our lunch very much.

2  Thank Anita T
Reviewed 14 January 2018

The landlord is a violent drunk!
The landlady is an aloof plastic ****
The massive dog is aggressive!
The place is a shabby run down mess!
The shame is huge!
Desperately in need of new ownership!

7  Thank RobSnellgrove
Reviewed 27 November 2017

Our walking group turned up (30+ hungry folk) after our morning walk for lunch ... having chosen from the menu before we started ... and we were served a great selection of home cooked food, the highlight of which were the pies.
The Windmill is a "Community Pub" buy-out that needs the support of the community to really move forward ...

3  Thank PeterCowen