“A One Night Stay ONLY” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #28 of 45 Hotels in Gainesville
Cooper City, Florida
“A One Night Stay ONLY”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2011

We were up there over Thanksgiving weekend for the UF vs FSU game and needed a one night stay. Most of the hotels in Gainesville require a 2 night stay over football weekends, so I thought we got lucky to find this place.

I will start with the good... It is in a great location as far as attending events at UF. They have plenty of parking, free newspapers, free wifi and a decent free breakfast. The breakfast area was okay as well.
Checking in and out was quick as the guy behind the counter really had no interest in speaking to me. The hotel was recently redone and looks nice on the surface.

The bad.... we had asked for a King sized room on the upper floors. I got a downstairs room under the stairs that looked like at one time it might have been the managers office it was so small. It had a strange smell to it and a door in it that was taped shut and locked.

The Bed took up the whole room and they had spent money on redoing the room with new paint, tile and pictures but left the old fridge sitting on a piece of wood with big rust spots that looked like blood splatter, a super cheap vanity that was half finished and the old very stained bathtub. We had to laugh as it was so ridiculous. Why bother to redo only part of a room?

I would not have stayed 2 nights in that room, but since the game was a late game, we got back so late that we didn't bother to worry about it since it was only for the one night. I did peek my head into the room next door when we were leaving in the morning and the other rooms liked like they were at least a better size.

As for me I don't think I will every go back and for your own sake avoid room 100!!!!

Room Tip: Any room other then 100.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
qualityinngainesvill, Webmaster at Quality Inn University, responded to this review, 8 April 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Quality Inn University for your recent stay in our area.

• I am glad that you Like our parking Space, free Wi-Fi and a decent free breakfast. Our Staff has received our commendation.

• Front desk staff was informed about the nice comment you made for them and received our commendation.

• Maintenance was informed of the smell you reported in the room assigned to you and instructed to see to its elimination.

• Maintenance was informed of the old fridge and stained bathtub and reported in the room assigned to you and instructed to see to its replace or repair.

I hope that the next time you visit our area; you will once again choose to stay at Quality Inn University. I think you will be greatly pleased. We shall look forward to welcoming you back.

Hotel Manager.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2011

The hotel room was clean, the beds and pillows are very comfy, and the staff was friendly. The hotel is within walking distance to UF, a better location option than the hotels out by I-75. The breakfast was decent. The hotel was pricey for what you get but it was a game weekend so higher prices are expected. I would stay again.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2011

We went there for Gator Growl and Homecoming football game. The room shows its wear, but seems to be cleaned nicely. Since we were tailgating it was nice to have a refrigerator in the room to store our food. Closet door didn't quite stay in place and you could see where previous guests had damaged the property. The bed was comfortable with lots of pillows. The thing that bothered me the most was the fairly large opening at the bottom of the door...I think a little weather stripping is needed! Breakfast was decent..eggs, sausage, biscuits, waffles, cereal, donuts, muffins, cinnamon rolls, etc. I wish I had gotten the name of the young lady who worked at night, she was very friendly, helpful and nice!

Room Tip: I was on the first floor...convienient to parking, but noisy in the morning when the cleaning carts...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2011

This is a good hotel. we stayed here for gator growl and the football game. The bathrooms are huge....they are built for normal people. The continental breakfast was good.....I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2011
neptunenavigator
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2011

When traveling to Gainesville during the week, this is the only hotel in the area that I visit. The rates are great. They remodeled within the last year and the experience is very good. The beds are very comfortable and clean. I stay in hotels over a 100 nights per year and highly recommend this hotel if you are in the area.
But! if you want breakfast, get there early, as they take down the kichen a good half and hour before the closing time listed. As in every Quality Inn, the items are limited, and the staff Never cleans the bar during breakfast hours, so it will look like a gang of teenagers came through.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business