“Loved every minute of our stay!!”
Review of Camellia Rose Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Gainesville
Camellia Rose Inn
Ranked #3 of 5 Gainesville B&B and Inns
Brandon, Florida
“Loved every minute of our stay!!”
Reviewed 7 June 2012

I cannot express enough how nice this B & B is!! My husband and I have been to many different ones throughout the years, but this was by far the nicest. The home is meticulous with very nice accommodations. The breakfast was really good as were the snacks the night before! The location was great as we were able to walk to the down town area where all the restaurants are and there was a small theatre where we were able to buy last minute tickets to see a musical. The ambiance of this place was wonderful as it really helps you to unwind and feel relaxed--and we only stayed one night. We will definitely stay here again and I would highly recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: We liked the Stardust room as it had a balcony with rocking chairs attached to it.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
florida
Reviewed 26 May 2012

Nice inn, very hospitable hoasts, clean rooms, great breakfast, coffee. breakfast dinning on porch is nice on good mornings. waking distance to a varity of good local resturants nearby.

Room Tip: all good. I sayed on first floor. it was fine.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Tampa, FL
Reviewed 23 May 2012

I spent this past weekend in Gainesville on a business trip. Tired of endless chain hotels, I stayed at the Camellia Rose Inn. Let me tell you that it doesn't get any better than this. The inn is located on a quaint street in the historic section of Gainesville. It is only a 3 block walk to the downtown area where you will find dozens of dining and drinking establishments. The inn is gorgeous and includes special treats like home baked goodies and afternoon wine with cheese and crackers. Sipping a glass of wine in a rocker on the wrap around front porch was the perfect way to end my busy day. If that sounds wonderful, wait until you sample the breakfast. The morning of my stay, our innkeeper, Pat, served a delicious banana and strawberry souffle. It was heavenly. I highly recommend this inn and look forward to returning one day.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Concord, Massachusetts
Reviewed 6 May 2012

I stayed here twice this spring for over a week both times. I combined pleasure with work. I stayed at both Spats and an apartment (Hodges?). The Inn is very quiet and peaceful. Pat is a great cook (over the top brownies and breakfast). The Inn is a 5-10 min walk to downtown and too many restaurants as well as the farmer's market. Since I had a small kitchen, I enjoyed making a couple of dinners in and having fantastic FL blueberries with a bit of cerial for breakfast a few days.
Much better and quieter than the Hampton Inn downtown. Fine WiFi. Pat had super suggestions to solve all my problems including great restaurants! Place even came with a friendly outdoor cat.

Room Tip: If you are staying for many days, ask for Spats or Hodges.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 21 April 2012

My wife had an early medical appointment at Shands in Gainesville so we decided to stay in town the night before since we live in Jacksonville. I found the Camellia Rose Inn here on Yelp and decided to stay here based on the two previous reviews and the price. What a great decision it turned out to be, this place is so nice, relaxing, and very clean. It was ten times better than a hotel would've ever been and the service is top notch. Pat was very accommodating to our needs to get an early start the next morning and even offered to have our breakfast ready before she normally serves it. The breakfast was outstanding and Pat was such a gracious host to us that I would highly recommend this place to anyone. Our room was cozy, clean, and had a nice comfortable bed. The bathroom was kept very clean and had everything we needed minus a toothbrush. I can't say enough good things about this place and really hope we can go back and stay again. Oh yeah, if there are brownies put out to eat do yourself a favor and get one, trust me you'll be glad you did.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business