“Not Closed! Chili con Carne is Spicy”

La Fiesta Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #200 of 617 Restaurants in Gainesville
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Based on the previous review we decided to call to see if they were closed, found out that the address listed was the old address. I let the management know so they can correct it. I had the cheese and onion enchiladas with chili con carne on top instead of the standard sauce. That was a great decision! The chili had a great spicy bite and the flavor was really good. We ate there at lunch time. The portions and the prices were just right. The service was good, the people were super friendly.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

Yes i give this hole in the wall 5 stars for the worst Mexican food on the planet
The chis were good but this place does not serve quality or thoughtful cuisine
unhealthy cra_! Service is borderline as well

I will be kind to this restaurant and just say that they need to work on providing a better
quality product and atmosphere or i seriously doubt you will be in BIZ much longer.

1  Thank steve v
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Very enjoyable evening with close friends. The restaurant is very nicely decorated. The temperature was very comfortable. (I generally find restaurants very cold in temperature) The music was very nice and very appropriate. But not too loud to cover up or drown out conversation. Our server was very attentive. Best of all the food was delicious.

Reviewed 18 June 2013

I hear a lot of people rave about this restaurant but maybe they talk about someplace else. I visited their new location which used to be another Mexican restaurant. First they wanted to sit me in a section that was empty, I said I wanted to be with people and not alone and by myself. Their excuse was that the A/C was not working. It really wasn't so bad. So they move me to another table with the rest of the patrons.

The servers at first were friendly. I had a margarita which really lacked punch and not much flavor, Should have ordered beer.The menu was just like any other Mexican restaurant, nothing really special. I ordered an order of carnitas that was on the "special's" and to my disappointment was just tiny pieces of pork in a pool of sauce. Definitely not the traditional carnitas that I'm used to. I should have returned it. Then I ordered the check and the charges were not clear and the tax was not shown, although it was added to the total. I had to ask the server to prove it was correct. The server by the way never came back to check on my food, didn't offer me another drink, nor water. In summary, it was a big disappointment and will not go back to that one nor to their other location in Gainesville

1  Thank Carlos C C
Reviewed 3 June 2013

i visited location behind red lobster before owner change and it was not great experience. i then went because many bragged about la Fiesta. while service improved, food was pretty much the same.