“Wonderful evening with close friends”

La Fiesta Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #207 of 646 Restaurants in Gainesville
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Very enjoyable evening with close friends. The restaurant is very nicely decorated. The temperature was very comfortable. (I generally find restaurants very cold in temperature) The music was very nice and very appropriate. But not too loud to cover up or drown out conversation. Our server was very attentive. Best of all the food was delicious.

Reviewed 18 June 2013

I hear a lot of people rave about this restaurant but maybe they talk about someplace else. I visited their new location which used to be another Mexican restaurant. First they wanted to sit me in a section that was empty, I said I wanted to be with people and not alone and by myself. Their excuse was that the A/C was not working. It really wasn't so bad. So they move me to another table with the rest of the patrons.

The servers at first were friendly. I had a margarita which really lacked punch and not much flavor, Should have ordered beer.The menu was just like any other Mexican restaurant, nothing really special. I ordered an order of carnitas that was on the "special's" and to my disappointment was just tiny pieces of pork in a pool of sauce. Definitely not the traditional carnitas that I'm used to. I should have returned it. Then I ordered the check and the charges were not clear and the tax was not shown, although it was added to the total. I had to ask the server to prove it was correct. The server by the way never came back to check on my food, didn't offer me another drink, nor water. In summary, it was a big disappointment and will not go back to that one nor to their other location in Gainesville

1  Thank Carlos C C
Reviewed 3 June 2013

i visited location behind red lobster before owner change and it was not great experience. i then went because many bragged about la Fiesta. while service improved, food was pretty much the same.

Reviewed 24 May 2013

Right next to La Quinta where we were staying so thought we'd give it a try. Very nice atmosphere, very good food, excellent service. My husband had the shrimp fajitas, the shrimp and vegetables were very fresh. I had the spinach enchiladas and they were also very good. As a vegetarian, I really appreciate it when a restaurant has a dedicated vegetarian section on the menu. Very good menu prices.

Reviewed 22 May 2013

I was very pleased to see that La Fiesta had reopened a location near Newberry Road. Their old location was very convenient for me, but I rarely Am looking for lunch near the 39th Ave. spot.
The new location is larger and more comfortable, and a lot of the familiar faces are there. We were seated quickly, the food came promptly, and I was pleased with my $.99 taco Tuesday selections. Their salsa is my favorite in town.
I'll be back.